I have $20K to spend on a new car...

I have $20K to spend on a new car. I'm leaning heavily towards a slightly used 2015 BMW 228i with 13 thousand miles on it for $19,000. Checked it out today and it's in pristine condition. Any reason I should'nt pull the trigger? I'm open to any other suggestions. My second choice was a 2015 AWD Honda CRV for about the same price and mileage.

buy it, you won't regret it.

Get a model 3 and make payments faggot

Try /o/

if you had bought ant shares like, literally a coule of weeks ago.. you would have had well over 200,000.

buy bitcoin and don't buy headaches?

literally put it in shares or something and spend the dividends on uber or something cool

This

German cars are a pain in the ass to maintain, unless you are making hand over fist in money I'd steer clear of them. They are reliable, but honestly when something goes wrong, shit goes wrong. And next thing you know, you are forking over 2 grand for a water pump or some shit.

you're an idiot. buy a 6000$ beater and put the rest into bitcoin

Interesting. I was afraid of that. I was warned to avoid the AWD vehicles because the transmissions cost $6,000 when they go out

I already have a beater, but it got hit from behing and I'm getting a check for $3,000. I figured I would fix it myself for 200 bucks, sell it for $1500 and put the rest down on a new BMW. Terrible idea?

Wound't worry about that, transmission warranty usually lasts a long ass time, into the 100,000 mile range usually.

It's just that over the years Mercs, BMWs, VWs, etc. have made it harder and harder to take their cars to Joes shop down the road to work on, they almost force you to take it to the dealership. Not a bad thing I guess, but at the end of the day they are cars for people who just throw money at problems to make them go away.

pick up a twin turbo mk4 supra and hold on to it until it is worth 60k

As long as it haas some sort of warranty from the dealer I say you're good to go.

What do you do for a living? Affording the car is one thing, affording insurance and upkeep is another.

Personally i think if you rent, you should be looking to own a home or something right away. Fuck a nice car if I can own my own living. 15k is a down payment on a nice home where I'm at in VA.

My Corolla has 160,000 and Ive only ever changed the oil and the breakpads. A part of me thinks that i should just get another one, but the BMW looks so much fucking nicer. The Corolla looks like a sad mom car next to it and they cost about the same.

If you own it and can easily keep it I would. Do you really want to put ALL your miles on the BMW? They depreciate much easier

I live in a condo in California right by the beach. The landlord never raises the rent, so I'm going to stay here until he does. The housing here is affordable, think 1.5 million for a trailer.

Don't wanna be your mom and give you some life advice, but.
Live below your means dude, you can be a lot more successful if you live by that motto.

Where on the planet can you get a 2 year old BMW for 20k?

Is it stolen?

Yep sorry mate, I could never own there either! That sucks!

Go for the BMW if you can afford it past the sticker price

It would just sit and never get used. I'd rather sell it and use the money for a down payment. It's a 2005 Corolla with 160K miles on it. It runs great, but it won't be long until something goes out. I think I can get $2,000 for it once I repair the cosmetic issues on the rear where it got hit. The Mexicans out here buy the cheap Corollas the day you list them.

if you trust the seller, buy the BMW

Personally I'd buy something like an older gen 335i

BMW will slide around in bad weather.

Honda CR-V is an old mans car.

Buy an Audi Quattro. Best car I've ever driven. Last weekend I was running late and had to travel 80 mile in wet, greasy roads. Done it in 70 mins and the car stuck like glue to the road.

Define successful. Do you measure success as time spent crusting around on weekends in a lame ass Hyundai Accent? I can afford something nicer so I'd honestly rather have my dignity and a BMW.

So clearly you don't need an AWD since your other option is a BMW. So why the fuck would you even consider a car that is less fuel efficient, ugly af, has more moving parts to go wrong and just generally makes you look like an ass?

We don't have bad weather in Socal. It's rained four times in the past 4 years. That's not a joke. I may check out the Audi. The Honda CRV seemed like a good choice because I do get out in the wilderness a lot and camp. Might be nice to have an AWD, but yea, it's a little lame.

If you're want something off road and road useable then buy a shogun or something.

Success is hard to describe. But generally it's health, financial security, and well being. But, hey to some it's material objects.

In that case I'd also consider the Audi, even though I don't personally like them either. Every model looks exactly like all the other models. In any case it's nicer than an SUV. The AWD works and the ground clearance isn't really that much worse.

Only assholes drive BMWs.

In fact to follow than comment. The shogun has real 4 wheel drive with locking diff so if you go on the beach the 4 wheel drive locking diff will be a dream.

But if he only goes to the beach once in a blue moon, does it make sense to drive around in a tractor all the time?

Yea as these fuckers are great on the free way. Off road, wet, dry, desert.

Am not gonna debate cars with yours drongos.

Audi Quattro or Mitsubishi shogun.

>bitsaremissing

Obviously a youngfag. That company is poisonous

German cars are amazing, but the meme is real, they cost a fortune to fix.