/box/ - TOO BIG for Individual Threads Edition

Upcoming February Fights:

>Friday 10th: at the Huntington Center, Toledo, Ohio (Live on Bounce TV)
Robert Easter Jr. vs. Luis Cruz / Rau'shee Warren vs. Zhanat Zhakiyanov

>Saturday 18th: at the Cintas Center, Cincinnati, Ohio (Live on Showtime)
Adrien Broner vs. Adrian Granados / David Avanesyan vs. Lamont Peterson / Marcus Browne vs. Thomas Williams Jr

>Saturday 25th:
>at the Hull Ice Arena, Yorkshire (Live on Sky Sports)
Gavin McDonnell vs. Rey Vargas / Luke Campbell vs. Jairo Lopez / Tommy Coyle vs. Kofi Yates
>at the Legacy Arena, Birmingham, Alabama (Live on Fox)
Deontay Wilder vs. Gerald Washington / Jarrett Hurd vs. Tony Harrison / Dominic Breazeale vs. Izuagbe Ugonoh

Other urls found in this thread:

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/08/do-olympic-medalists-receive-cash-prizes-with-their-medals/
boxingscene.com/shakur-stevenson-inks-promotional-pact-with-top-rank--113465
twitter.com/ShakurStevenson/status/829826423124660224
youtube.com/watch?v=r8INHy35zWg
youtu.be/_XxVcSlvcUg
ucnlive.com/blame-rupert-murdoch/
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
youtu.be/dIV-QdPEx-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's live boxing on right now on BoxNation

The Yafai fight is about to start

First for staying humble

CUK FEAR

Great opening round in the Yafai fight. Serra wobbled him early but Yafai took over in the second half and scored a standing count

Who's the better light middleweight prospect, Lubin or Hurd?

Italy is one of those countries that for whatever reason has a great amateur setup but almost no pro game

Lubin.

Yeah I've always found that strange, they go all the way up to Heavy too.

Surprised some don't look at the NYC market perhaps to build a career.

You see them fighting for European titles quite frequently

They're always really awkward

Yafai just beat the shit out of this guy though

Bateson is basic. He fights like an amateur from the point scoring era

I got to meet both lubin and keith thurman here in florida

Keith Thurman looks like the type of person who watches anime unironically.

Italian boxers usually suck, italian - american were really good a long time ago.

>talking shit about based paolo vidoz
ayo hol up

Dalton Smith now. I heard he's good

I've read that top Italian amateurs (e.g Cammarelle, Russo) get compensated by the goverment pretty well and don't have to turn pro. Most of their pros were average-decent amateurs. Look it up

SHAT AP BLAD

>be amatuer boxer
>be compensated
?!?!?!?

They get Lottery and government grants here in the UK in order that they can train full time

Dalton Smith reminds me of Callum Smith a bit in his style

Depending on the country. Success in international competitions can mean monetary compensation by the government-private businesses.

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/08/do-olympic-medalists-receive-cash-prizes-with-their-medals/

I think I saw an interview with Loma saying he got 20000 as reward for a medal.

cammarelle is a cop I believe, russo just travels around looking pretty and getting his picture taken lol

Any good ex Yugo countries boxers?

>Broner-Granados Now at 147 Pounds, Not Original Weight of 142

>Adrien Broner said during a conference call Thursday that he won’t have any difficulty making weight for his fight against Adrian Granados.

>Their February 18 fight in Cincinnati initially was supposed to be contested at a maximum weight of 142 pounds, but Broner demanded an increase, after the fight was made, to a limit of 147. The weight was changed, according to Granados, because Broner got sick during training camp and would’ve had too much trouble making 142 pounds.

Lel this fat bastard can't even make anywhere near Junior Welter anymore.

Can't cut it at welterweight, needs to get the Pacquiao fight while he has credibility

>implying Pac isn't getting done by Australias own Jeff Horn

Broner is done man, it's over.

He's the epitome of a flat-track bully, he can only fight one way, and now he can't impose his size on anyone that deterrent to stop fighters coming inside barely exists anymore.

Granados is going to beat him

Zlaticanin

Granados is gunna Maidana him.

I still watch Maidana Broner on the regular.

pmsl at dirty fucking yanks acting as if Brook is afraid of Spence

Well wasn't his past fight at 140?

He's not. But Spence will finish the job golovkin started

Can't wait for ARE Kell to E X P O S E this American hypejob.

Just another fighter fresh out of BUM CITY, a.k.a the American Olympic program.

has there been any news on his eye?

puffy nippled bollocks

>that based Maidana hump

has there ever been a heavyweight that is as stupid as AJ?

Riddick Bowe and Ernie Terrel

dude, mike tyson? tyson fury? these guys are complete idiots

I think Fury and Tyson are more self aware than AJ

Joe,theirs gunna come a time when you'll have to do a favour for the family

Neither of them are stupid. Mike Tyson reads philosophy and history books and Tyson Fury is a troll who's deceptively analytical. AJ is a robot who likes to talk about marketing and brands because that's what he's had drilled into him

YOU WOKE UP THIS MORNING
GOT YOURSELF A GUN
[shots of New York in the distance]

GABAGOOL!?

mike tyson isn't stupid, granted he's not the smartest, but his lisp and demeanour make him seem a lot less intelligent than he is

lads gunna become a second rate british amatuer boxing prospect

get offered citizenship + house + car + money(relative) + plastic gf by azerbaijan

then just take that and live the easy life in obscurity

He has an IQ of 300

tough, but too much slugging and not enough tekkers to compete in the big boi leauges

almost high enough to be in the bogdanoffs inner circle

been watching some sugar ray leonard videos

guy was pretty impressive I must say

boxingscene.com/shakur-stevenson-inks-promotional-pact-with-top-rank--113465

Oh shit.

twitter.com/ShakurStevenson/status/829826423124660224

holy shit lads, jake lamotta is still alive

Hmm

>“[Hearn] pushed him into this,” Wilder told a group of reporters during a break in the trial for his lawsuit against Alexander Povetkin in Manhattan. “Of course. Come on, man. Joshua didn’t call Klitschko out. Hearns did that. [Hearn] is like the new PlayStation, with the VC goggles, and Joshua’s just a fighter.”

>“David Price in the making. Look what happened to David Price. Don’t misword me on it. The way they structured David Price, moving him so fast, the whole England was behind him, when he wasn’t really proven for real. He wasn’t no killer. He ain’t really fought no killer. But they had him as the biggest thing in England. And look who come along? How old Tony [Thompson] was? Forty-something years old.”

>“I think it’s Eddie Hearn more so than Joshua wanna fight these guys,” Wilder said. “Eddie Hearn is making a killing off of these fighters. He knows what he’s doing. When you have a promoter that even before your fight you’ve got another damn fight lined up, come on, man. The boy don’t hardly get no kinda time off and break.

Wait, what?

Link1

not with Mayweather?

youtube.com/watch?v=r8INHy35zWg

Is Ward a bum?

Yeah, and he still sounds pretty good. Some people just have unbelievable genetics I think. Scmeling lived to be almost 100 and was in great shape. Archie Moore got knocked out by heavyweights well into his 40s, had over 200 fights, and never slurred his speech even in his 80s.

Tony Demarco is in good knick aswell as far as i know

Looks like Shakur Stevenson signed with Top Rank

he looks extremely young for 19yo

No shit. Always nice to know that some of the old-timers manage to box without destroying themselves.

wonder if its because they fought more often leaving less time to have loads of sparring

That's an interesting thought. Gym wars took their toll on a lotta guys over the years.

Those old school italians just don't die, my grandmother held on till 92 years old

That why Chavez sr seems to be looking well after 100 or so fights?

Somewhat a dirty bum

I just assumed from the beatings he took he would have died in his early 50s

>tfw reading his wiki page says he literally has an unnaturally thick jaw and skull

dudes like 40% neanderthal for sure

youtu.be/_XxVcSlvcUg

>HBO will never make a 24/7 again

Stop cutting the budget, you fags!

That might be it. Just look at Money, even though he's a defensive wizard he's notorious for going life and death in sparring and it fucking shows anytime he tries to talk.

I read a while ago they needed to cut the budget in order to prevent Murdoch buying them out.

lol moore had the hagler thing?

Adrien "Weight Problem" Broner

He's too small for welterweight, and he's too lazy to make super light.

He's done.

GGG said they were doing one for his fight, and I assume they'll be doing one for Canelo/Chavez

He must be pissed

he's bigger that porter isn't he?

Source? Would like to read up on this. Interesting since UFC fight night is basically propping up Murdoch's FS1 channel to compete with ESPN.

Also I remember reading that the promoter had to foot the bill for 24/7 but I could be wrong about that.

I read it here
ucnlive.com/blame-rupert-murdoch/

Ehh, HBO makes All Access or whatever that 3x10 minutes thing they do instead of 24/7.

They should be releasing it pretty soon if they're doing it for GGG vs. Jacobs, the fight is up in a month.

Not really. Portner is naturally "bigger". He's about an inch taller and he fought at middleweight in the amateurs. He fought Golovkin and lost.

Since Broner was the A-side, he drained Porter down to 144 for the fight.

Hell, Weight Problem didn't even make weight for the vacant belt against Theophane.

is he really an inch taller? doesn't seem right.

Broner prolly wear those swaggot shoes.

Thanks.

Well they should do a 24/7,tgey need all the promo they can get.

Did Kovalev/Ward have it? Or was it just those short "My Fight" clips

GGG new walkout song confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

He's not walking out to the national anthem?

youtu.be/dIV-QdPEx-Q

what is the best boxing nickname and why is it the Iron City Express?

Fireman

Policeman

El Gallo Negro

>mfw a canadian claimed to know boxing near me

what's your boxing name, fuccboi?

"The Living Death"

Mine would probably be muhammad ali tyson (followed by my name)

go back to UFC pls

No

1.68 looks taller than 1.70

I thought both Porter and boner were 5'6. Whatever, billed heights in boxing are just nonsense

what does /heem/ actually /mean/?

Handsome
Eastern
European
Penises