Thoughts on The Twilight Zone?

Thoughts on The Twilight Zone?

What are the best episodes and your favorite episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7rwUdL9qXjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YOU UNLOCK THIS DOOR WITH A KEY OF IMAGINATION

That is a good one. I really dig the lady trapped in the mall and 5 strangers in search of an exit.

Charlie Branson as the young future solider was really good too.

that one where the dudes find all the gold and seal themselves asleep for a long ass time and the one wakes up with everyone else dead, drags his ass into town and nobody believes he's from the past or about the gold until he starts showing them relics, pretty sure it ended with them still refusing to believe while he died on his way back to the gold to prove it was true

something like that, been forever since i marathoned the zone

I watched a few eps but I can't really get over how dated everything is. Not the concepts, they're amazing but I feel like a modern version could be so much better. And yes, I've looked at some reboots but they pale in comparison to the original.

>Thoughts on Twilight Zone?

I religiously rewatch the series every Halloween.

>Best / Favorite episodes
A Stop at Willoughby
The After Hours
I Shot an Arrow into the Air

Nothing in the Dark is my favorite episode. It and Walking Distance are the most moving episodes.

The Hitcher and the one where the woman is alone in a farm house and little aliens invade... I think it's called The Invaders are the creepiest episodes.

To Serve Man has the best twist.

Best are Stop at Willoughby
the Obsolete Man
The Hitchhiker
It's a Wonderful Life
And the Monsters Are Due on Maple st.

Oh shit, I forgot to include Walking Distance in . Its my favorite episode of all time.

One of my favourites is the pool game with the guy who wants to be the best.

Night Call is terrifying, and the original short, even more.

Nah the actual ending was better than that. In the future gold is easily mass produced and considered worthless

I like Walking Distance too. That and Willoughby are great at triggering feelings of nostalgia

ahhhh you're right, you're right

think i might go rewatch that one again, was a nice twist

but since i'm posting again, my favorite episode of all time is TO SERVE MAN sourced from a pretty baller book if i'm not mistaken

>IT'S A COOKBOOK

Yea, its funny how Twilight Zone is probably best remembered for its horror and scifi elements, but I like the episodes of TZ which are more dramatic and use magic realism instead of horror. Outer Limits is much better for scifi.

THE STATE HAS DECLARED YOU TO BE
OBSO LETE
Any episode with Burgess Meredith was GOAT

>when he snared the other guy into being a bitch live for everyone to see and condemned him to the same fate

based as fuck, they don't make them like they used to

I think we can all agree the worst episodes of TZ are the western ones.

also another favorite
>an occurrence at owl creek bridge

which was based off of one of the best american short stories of all time, by ambrose bierce

I like the one where the lawman visits the grave of the outlaw he was chasing

They really don't, I'm hard pressed to name a show that has writing as consistently good as TZ. I really loved the one where the couple who drunk drove and ended up as toys in a giant alien little girls playset, because it was just so over the top.
"Remember, dont drink and drive or aliens will abduct you and gift you to their children as living barbie dolls"

agreed 100%, rod serling was a national treasure for kicking this sort of thing in the ass and making it happen, he's actually a pretty interesting guy aside from the twilight zone too, but you probably already know that

Yeah, I've seen some old interviews and read up on him, dude's awesome. I remember hearing that in WW2 a care package fell on his buddies head and crushed it in front of everybody while they were chilling in camp, the man's seen some shit.

I used to watch it at night as a kid and liked it.
I don't know the names of the episodes, except one episode tho so I'll just describe them.

The Monsters are due on Maple street
The one where the husband gets a doll for his little girl and the doll is possessed and kills the dad by tripping him on the stairs.
The episode of that four eyed loser with glasses who reads in a vault and the world ends and he goes to read his favorite books but then breaks his glasses and can't see anything.
The one where these two kids swim in a swimming hole and end up in an old time town full of lost kids and an old lady who cares for them.

no kidding, dude led a hell of a life outside of pushing some of the best television ever broadcast, you can see some of it influenced certain episodes too

Rod was just testing whether or not care package kills or just remove stamina.

>The episode of that four eyed loser with glasses who reads in a vault and the world ends and he goes to read his favorite books but then breaks his glasses and can't see anything.
Time Enough At Last. Surprised no one mentioned it earlier.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rwUdL9qXjk

Me either. But to be fair The Twilight Zone has many great episodes.

another burgess joint

Anyone liked The Outer Limits?
I mean the one from the 90s early 2000s.

it's a wonderful life is my favorite twilight zone episode.

they were kind of okay sometimes, but for the format they had a lot of recurring plots and stuff that young me couldn't bother keeping up with the same way you could sit down with a twilight zone one shot and come away with the whole picture

still not terrible though

I liked the one where the guy sells his soul for immortality.

Yea kinda annoying that there were constant "lol turns out it was robots/aliums all along"

I remember the episode where Humans were enslaved my Reptilians who called the Humans "Jollum" , his slave thought he was joining the resistance but it was a ruse cruise from the reptilians all along.

That episode was cash

Or the one where the Space Marines were brainwashed and thought chinks were aliums.

or with the timetravel guy who tracked down some Nazi and placed his older self in a comcentration camp.

or the one with the antarctica bunkers where they were a deadmanswitch but aliums convinced them to keep pressing the button so shit doesn't blow up until the take over the world

Am i wrong in thinking that this is still the greatest tv show of all time?

The episode that ended essentially with:

>"You may be a Martian but we Venusians don't take to kindly to you're shit so you better up the fuck out of here with your three hands."

As a history major and academic, I really empathize with Burgess Merideth in The Obsolete Man. I just watched a clip from it last night.

rewatched it again recently, I really liked it.

of course after watching a few you tend to see the twist coming, also i tend to dislike the narrator, great voice but it's not needed to explain the point of the story.

I like the fact it had a lot of dark endings

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up

No

This is my go to quote whenever I discuss politics and their effects on education.

Please don't tell anyone about using you're instead of your. It's 5am and I woke up half an hour ago.

The one with the grandfather clock was so nice.

You fucked up too and to as well

;_; Goddammit please I was an AP English TA and student, I'm better than this.

It's all the texting, I swear it's made my typing lazy.

it's okay user, it's just an image board, there's no need to be overly formal

unless you want to be, of course

>tfw this is the comfiest thread on Sup Forums right now, and possibly the entire site

The Box (the button?)

>almost 50 posts in
>no Eye of the Beholder as one of the best twists

Twilight zone was never that huge in my small nordic country so I have never seen an episode.

Time to fill this cultural void

get ready for ten boring as shit episodes for every god tier one.

pleb

Reddit the show or people from cali the show

It's why I joined it. The show in itself is one of the comfiest.

Snuggle up in a warm blanket with some tea on a nice winter morning. A fresh blanket of snow is forming and your windows are open to watch it. Turn on some Netflix with Rod Stewart and then pass the time with existential questions.

It's the best thing to do.

I'm from Socal, but why is it "people from cali the show"?

this is truth, i've done this many times over many winters and it is perfect

>I'd like a modern remake
>I saw the modern remake they suck
well, stick to the original show & STFO

SHUT THE FUCK OUT

I just remembered another good episode was the "Adam and Eve" one. It made a lot of people mad back in the day, but it's twist was just perfect. Horrific/Startling for some people, while making sense for others. That and Adam had a lucky alien waifu.

Also the Mask one, with the old man whose kids all want his money.

I have made a list from what (You) recommended:
>Walking distance
>Time enough at last
>I shot an arrow into the air
>The hitchiker
>The Monsters are due on Maple Street
>A stop at Willoughby
>The after hours
>The obsolete man
>Nothing in the dark
>To serve man
>Night call

Anything else? I have already seen Its a good life, Nightmare at 50000ft and a bunch of others which I cant remember the titles (the last man in the world who ends up breaking his glasses for instance).

The one with Hitler's shadow. It really made me think.

>a bunch of others which I cant remember the titles (the last man in the world who ends up breaking his glasses for instance).

you've already got that on your list "time enough at last" famadan

Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?

It's interesting to watch them deliberate about who the alien is.

an occurrence at owl creek bridge is pretty kino if you're into some of the really early episodes, don't want to spoil it for you but it deals with life & death in a very roundabout sort of way

can't say a deal more without giving anything away, you may have even already seen it or read the story it's sourced from to be honest

those paranoid sorts of episodes were always pretty great i thought, especially if you see something like the thing and go back, that same element is present in droves way back when, shit is cash

Thank you my friends

The civil war one where the dead are walking past the farm house is the worst.

TZ is probably the best show ever on television.

Was the Monster on Maple Street the one with the families debating who the alien was and threatening to kill each other?

yeah, the ending for that was kind of fucked up but a little predictable

still captured that rush to paranoia perfectly though

>Tower of Terror is being replaced with a GotG ride
>never rode it, never will

I've always liked One For The Angels

That episode got me right in the feels

Five Characters in Search of an Exit

Oh, c'mon man...

Oh shit really, any detail on the GotG ride?

Monsters are Due on Mapel Street has always been a favorite.
And who can ever forget Terror at 10,000 feet.
The one with the bounty hunter visiting the grave of the outlaw he was hunting terrifies me as a kid.

not Sup Forumslack, but He's Alive is one of the best episodes

>Ya never know who might need something up there...Up there?

>Up there, Mr. Bookman. You made it.

I absolutely love the Twilight Zone, I watch it mostly in autumn and winter.

10/10 Episodes
>A game of pool
>5 characters in search of an exit.
>The Masks
>A Nice Place To Visit
>The Howling Man
>The Obsolete Man
>A World of His Own

Good episodes
>Dead Man's Shoes
>Little Girl Lost
>Showdown With Rance McGrew