youtube.com/watch?v=WEq1gSccItU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law#Biomechanics
youtube.com/watch?v=20Fq2huhvEI
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Pym_Particles
marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/
marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Pym_Particles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He can't max everything out, dude, it's a question of balance between stats

Relative to the perception of smaller beings, he does appear to, yes. This is actually true in nature. To flies, we also move Giantman slow.

How did he acquire more mass?

>Becomes big guy
>Immediately crashes a plane with no survivors
>Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.

then how come I can kill every fly I see you fgt

through science

he didnt he jsut spaced out his atoms more. Hes basically still the same weight

Science

Pfff. Call me when he does a Bionic and starts to move in slow motion when he's moving at high speed. THAT'S Kino!

not in the entirety of that scene. If that was true he'd be tipped over by the smallest shit bumping into him

Pym Particles and shit. Basically, he's tapping into trans-dimensional energy to be able to create more mass.

Obviously you are a superhuman ubermensch and I bow to your superiority.

Doesn't alter the fact that what I said is true though, Fly Smasher.

Why did his suit become bulletproof when he got bigger?

>The character discovered the subatomic "Pym particles" that enable mass to be shunted or gained from an alternate dimension, thereby changing the size of himself or other beings or objects.[

shit, but who was phone then. Do they have superhuman like reflexes, the flies that is, or do they perceive time slower than us? This is important

this post didn't fly so good

nice comic book quatations nerd but I was talking real life physics

They perceive time slower.

Flies see in like 80fps or some shit but the quality is terrible

>Real Life Physics
>Comic Books
Pick one or be autistic.

no you were talking about the comic book movie

>real life physics
How is it that you don't get triggered by cap's shield then?

I'm australian

Since when does real life physics apply to action movies?

since the dark knight

Boomerangs aren't vibranium, Sport.

Okay, that was funny.

Skippy:1
Me: 0

How come your moms dildo always comes flying then huh?

Noice. I snorted milk out of my nose.

explain

>he doesn't know about our vibrator boomrangs

Squants and ants

A-are you for real?

Austalia. Boomerangs. Shield acts like a boomerang.

youtube.com/watch?v=xkv0frB5uwo

well mass doesn't scale with size, it's square to it. so the bigger you are, the more mass you have to carry around in comparison, and it would feel heavier to do it. at a certain size you just wouldn't be able to move at all. the square cube law.

fucking aussie shitposters

youtube.com/watch?v=_agtNKbgSfI

>Shield acts like a boomerang.

oh, that part

It really isn't what triggers me about it the most doe

but it's not a boomerang?

>at a certain size you just wouldn't be able to move at all

is this applicable to just the human form or are you telling me a giant space monster can't lift its arm up?

yeah that doesnt make any sense. in fact, he should move even fucking faster.

it was just a film technique godzilla and monster movies used to make it seem like dudes in suits were huge monsters by slowing it down which gave illusions of weight. marvel are hacks

But your muscles would be stronger too. Until you reach a certain critical mass (the point when gravity would become the issue) you wouldn't have any problem.

A giant monster under earth gravity would collapse under its own weight. Space and Sea, results vary.

It ACT like one.

applicable to any living organism on earth, due to our gravity. which is the reason why aquatic mammals are larger, they don't need to spend that much energy moving. maybe tiny planets have gravities that allow for larger creatures, who knows. but there will always be a maximum size afaik.

Except if you read the thread we explain it does make sense.

The second part about it being a trope of Kaiju is also only partly true.

because gorillas and bears are so fucking slow right?

and a plane would be destroyed if it passed the sound barrier

an atomic explosion would create a chain reaction and would destroy the planet

a lot of these theories are proven wrong as time goes on

The reason we're so slow is because of the time it takes chemical signals to move around our bodies. Using completely fabricated numbers, let's say it takes a signal to travel along a neuron or string of neurons 1 second per inch of neuron and 1 second for a muscle to contract by an inch. If a fly wanted to move its leg it would take less than 1 second for the signal to reach its leg and less than one second for the leg to go through its full range of motion. If a human wanted to do that it would take a minute for the signal to reach the legs and another few seconds for the leg to move.

Relative to a much smaller animal, like a fly, yeah they are.

your muscles won't scale with your mass, which is why it will be increasingly difficult (problem increases). but anyway, that was my point user.
>Until you reach a certain critical mass
>at a certain size you just wouldn't be able to move at all.

Huh?
Following your logic we should move in slow motion because we are much bigger than ants.

huh? why compare to something that doesnt even have legs? you fucking retard? an eagle is much faster than a fucking fly. a gorilla is much faster than a human or dog

Go on then. If you have a means to disprove it, go ahead. But until then, the scientific theory is the best explanation we have.

That would only work if he were covering the same distance.
This has no basis, it's just to give a sense of weight and size to him.

can you imagine gorillas moving their legs as fast as insects? over the same amount of time?

the horror.

>your muscles won't scale with your mass
And why is that, Mr. Marvelcuck?

yeah wow, gorillas move their legs slower than ants but are still 10000x faster.

This

Also, if you watch any "large vs small" scenes in any movie, the larger item moves slower to depict scale

Antz
Bugs life
Toy story
Honey I blew up the kid

Etc

Flies have legs.
Google it, the exact term escapes me, but something to do with flicker rates and time perception.

It's more complicated than that (some chemical signals are faster than others in different species.)

Some insects are slow as fuck. The way they 'see' the world is also important. A fly's eye makes them have faster reaction time. The way they move too. A fly and a butterfly aren't the same speed because of thir wings.

You are retarded, human reaction times are nowhere near 1 minute.

we do, but we are humans and used to our movements. when insects look at us, we look like that guy in op. ever looked at a spider crawling around? they can be fast as fuck¨.

remember, this is about perception of movement, not how fast we get from a to b, we're faster because we have massive legs. if spiders had massive legs, they couldn't be as fast.
youtube.com/watch?v=WEq1gSccItU

flies crawl faster than a gorilla? fucking retard. even in the ANT MAN movie, he mega sizes an ant and it moves way faster.

tren hard eat clen

>flies don't have legs
really

I really don't think you understand.
The relative speeds are about perception.

Dinosaurs

I think bone density would be a problem he was at a size he doesn't have the strength to move.

ugh.

user the point is speed of movement. the entire point of this thread, remember? gorillas are faster because their limbs are much bigger, but they have to spend more time moving them because they are heavier.

who cares about relative speed cunt? the fucking camera is not relative its 3rd person. giant antman should move quick as fuck. they got it right in the first movie and fucked it up in civil war because theyre hacks

Yeah, but Pym Particles.

It;s pretty fucking stupid i mean look at bane, he moves fast

>your muscles won't scale with your mass
>he was literally carrying passenger airplanes

ok famamlam

see
It's a comic book movie. A Wizard (an alternate dimention, in this case) did it.

You should care about it because if you did you might grasp the points being made. Stay dumb I guess.

because size doesn't scale with mass.

If he is lets say 10 times his size, it should take 10 times the amount of time for his brain to send commands to other parts of his body.

>A special effect was literally
It really wasn't.

the points being made about what?

>>gets bigger
>>starts to move in slow motion

>???????

the fuck are you talking about? I don't give a fuck what you're talking about if it's something completely different from the OP

>skin
>bones
>not mass

well he was in a movie.

Because it was thicker?

Pretty sure it doesnt work that way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law#Biomechanics

It does when we're talking Ant-Man. That's one of his "powers." To gain size AND mass.

Pym Particles

youtube.com/watch?v=20Fq2huhvEI

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Pym_Particles

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/

Pym_Particles
marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Pym_Particles

>Using completely fabricated numbers
>completely fabricated numbers
>fabricated numbers

He made up some random numbers to show the comparison he wanted to show. Learn reading comprehension.

well oblivious you gain both size and mass, but they don't scale 1:1. i thought this thread was more in the general "why do big things move slowly in movies" area, not only the comic book physics part of it. i don't know what magic is behind his powers.

check 3:00

You are misinterpreting the study.
Time doesn't change to your perception according to your size, rather small animals adapted to faster perception due to their size.
A human scaled up covering a proportional distance in similar time would appear the same to us, unless you are implying enlarging something else would make us perceive tome faster.
More importantly, his reaction time would be the same because he is still a human and we are assuming technomagic is keeping him functioning.

Eventhough you are slower, you can still cover much more distance in the same time frame because of your size. Its not linear scaling.

Say there is a 10 unit mass object can cover 10 unit distance in 10 unit time.
There is a 0.5 unit mass object that can cover 8 unit distance in 10 unit time.

Now the one with the bigger mass can cover 1 unit distance in 1 unit time. The other can cover 1.6 unit per 1 unit time. So pound per pound, smaller one is faster, but when the total size is taken into consideration it can't cover as much distance in the same amount of time. That is why you kill flies my man.

That still doesn't impact you misinterpreting studies.
They talk about biological properties of small animals not physical, enlarging someone wouldn't make the rest of us faster, assuming they are still moving at a proportional pace to their normal selves.

Crumbs.

i like this art

If Pym Particles actually worked in the way they explain it in the movie, two things would be true:

1. Giant Man would be like a gigantic helium balloon unable to do harm to anything and able to be blown over by a breeze. His atoms have so much space between them that he has all this size but no change in weight or mass, so his density is so fucking low he'd never be able to do things like in Civil War. He'd be utterly useless.

2. Ant Man would be unable to "go subatomic" because the size of his atoms won't change, just their spacing. If he "went subatomic" he'd just eventually get to a point where all his atoms are trying to occupy the same space and probably just explode and be torn apart atom by atom from all the energy being crushed into one space, like an atom bomb. He'd never be able to become smaller than an atom because he's MADE OF ATOMS.

>i thought this thread was more in the general

You thought wrong. There's only one autist (I'm not talking about you) shitposting about real life physics in the thread.

In that context of the movies, they do scale 1:1. Because magic... I mean technology.