Realtalk. How possible is a sixth ring?

Realtalk. How possible is a sixth ring?

Very. Particularly if they get a haul for Jimmy G. and load up. Even if they don't they'll be in the conversation.

its obviously possible but we'll see how the offseason shakes out, a lot of things can happen in a year

The craziest thing to me is that Gronk's health really doesn't matter, they'll win regardless it just takes longer.

He's got 10 fingers...

Really depends on whether the Patriots have a legitimate opponent in the AFC. Really the Patriots are guaranteed a superbowl if there's no legitimate opponent in the AFC, as of right now, it's probably the Raiders.

>Raiders
>A defense that let Brock osmemer shit on them

Load up how? What positions would Beli. focus on if he traded Jim?

How often do teams defend the super bowl?

not very

1966-1967 packers

1972-1973 dolphins

1974-1975 steelers

1978-1979 steelers

1988-1989 49ers

1992-1993 Cowboys

1997-1998 Broncos

no 3 peat has ever happened

2003-2004 patriots

The Threepeat begins now

The Buffalo Bills went to the super bowl like fifty times in a row though.

>The Bills are the only team to win four consecutive conference championships and are the only NFL team to lose four consecutive Super Bowl games.
kek
> are the only team that has not appeared in the playoffs so far in the 21st century
KEK

he could upgrade safeties or linebackers

How do you stop this team with a healthy Gronk? You can't. Please footballing gods let Gronk have an injury free season.

Defenses can Improve

All you need is an Elite QB and O-line which they have and they will be contenders. Don't forget Khalil Mack DPOY single handily won 3 games for them this season.

Gronk is infected with the Madden curse, his career is literally over.

How do I get into this sport, bros? I already got into luckswing, and it's doozy. Is Joe Montana the best ever? Is Rodgers a meme? Why do they only play like 10 games per season despite having 50+ players per team? What are the hardest things to do in this sport? Why does every game last 4 hours?

This should have been the 3 peat sadly.

If not mistaken if they hadn't blown either of those reg season games vs the eagles or jets in 2015-16 they would have played Denver in the AFCCG at Gillette, but instead they lost by 2 at Mile High. (Gronk was playing injured- big fucking surprise), but Edelman was also hurt, playing with a metal boot on to protect his fractured foot. They still only lost by 2 at Mile High.

Whoever won the AFC last year was going to curbstomp $cam Newton and his meme team. Sadly it was Denver.

Not very likely statistically. They're the only well coached team in football so anything is possible though.

>possible

it's as inevitable as the sun coming up tomorrow, or the tide going out this evening.

This is true on paper but what team can realistically challenge them?

>Statistics

> $68 fucking million in cap space
> top tier trade bait on roster

I would be shocked if they didn't make it back tbqh.

You forgot

>Best offensive weapon will in all likelihood be kept to less snaps to guarantee health in the playoffs

6th round
6 rings

>Belichick coddling players
Not in this universe

He'd be stupid not to with Gronk honestly, if he's not made of glass Brady has 7 rings

Other than the Romo sweepstakes and maybe the Raiders if the defense improves, who's going to stop them? AFFCG appearance at bare minimum. The AFC is just not ready.

>watch it
>yes he is
>no hes not
>because its a contact sport, 16 games are played because the toll on the players bodies is much more than baseball/basketball
>win a super bowl
>commercials

Belichick's whole philosophy is do your job or I'll find someone else who can. Gronk's a freak, but I'm not convinced Belichick is willing to abandon decades of this mindset.

The bringer of chaos laughs at your statistics

You sound like a faggot. Luckswing'? Memes? No idea of anything? You may spend too much time in your mothers basement. You're a pleb. Get off the internet and go outside. Stay away from football, you dont belong.

>yes he is
>no hes not

I think you got those switched around

homo's not making anyone a contender

Whos defense was better 14 Seahawks or 16 Broncos?

>teams leading by 25 or more points at any time in any NFL game were 2,545-4-2 in the regular season and 102-2 in the postseason (2,647-6-2 total).

Running back, lineman, OLB, TE

Hate the pats but they have the makings of a big off-season. Garopolo for picks, and plenty of cap space. Anything is possible during the season but hard to believe they won't be in the playoffs given the dumpster fire that is the AFC east.

Well they were getting curbstomped by Atlanta before they started shitting all over themselves.

So he has an elite defense, good rushing game and good oline. They could trade jimmy G for a WR or Linebacker or just use those damn 65m cap space to give brady another owl.

this is it. this is the time to mortgage your future. dont believe in life after brady. just try and get one more ring.

just go crazy in FA and actually dont trade back in the draft. just send the team into cap space purgatory to maximize bradys final years.

The Pats are super young, even if they go all out these next few years they'll be set up pretty nicely without Brady as an 8-8 team

I will learn it and watch just to spite you now. Then I'm gonna post about it on Sup Forums.

Has to be next year imo.

>are the only team that has not appeared in the playoffs so far in the 21st century

That's amazing. Even the browns have been there since 2000.

well with as much $$ as they paid the refs this time .....
id say its already a done deal.

>Is Joe Montana the gretaest
Montana's title of GOAT has been passed to Brady
>Is Rodgers a meme
He has a ring, so no. Very talented, but the Packers haven't had a run game or pass defense the past two seasons for them to really make an owl run
>Why do they only play like 10 games per season
It's a physical game with high speed impacts and collisons, with a bunch of hits to the legs, and can be very wearing on the body. Also, the season runs into winter, and a majority of the teams play outside, so weather can be an issue.
>What are the hardest things to do in this sport?
From a team perspective, having an undefeated season. No team under the current 16 game schedule has won every single game and the owl. The Patriots came close with >18-1, but choked in the last game. The 1972 Miami Dolphins had a perfect season and a super bowl victory, but that was with a shorter schedule. From an individual perspective, it is hard to find a good qb. Teams last year like Houston and Minnesota had a great defense, but no quarterback to give them a breath of offense.
>Why is every game 4 hours
Because the NFL has a monopoly on American Sunday Afternoons, and can air as many commercials as they want, because people won't stop watching it. That combined with excessive penatlies, injuries, and replay reviews causes the games to last incredibly long

My nigga. It's like pottery.

>if he's not made of glass

Gronk is a monster and an old-school, smash-mouth football player. He's no finesse guy. That's why he's always hurt. He's a giant, quick as hell and it takes multiple guys or another monster to take him down and those guys give no quarter. They literally have to maul him to stop him. So, he gets fucked up...

Kek you've never played football.

How many NFL games have you played? Zero? Oh, alright. You must be the foremost authority then.

They should trade Brady for Rogers

>Romo getting any team through the playoffs

They have to sign Hightower & Butler then have a decent enough draft/Free agency.

I'd lay good odds.

Well, guys intentionally go for Gronks knees and legs and shit because they have a hard time going face to face

Sooo, Earl Thomas DIDN'T fuck Gronk up? That's the only way to stop that guy, hit him hard.

No. The Earl Thomas hit caused him to miss 1 game, the season ending surgery was completely unrelated to that hit.

It's obviously very, very possible. I'd give it like a 25% chance of happening for the next two years. After that, you'd expect Brady to slow down so.... who even knows

Liar. Identify yourself.

He's in the AFC with no legitimate teams

Schedule babby will take 3 more before retiring

Schedule baby doesn't make sense seeing as he has to beat the NFC champions to get the ring

>completely unrelated

He'd been playing hurt most of the season but still playing. He takes that hit, comes out of the game, then is in for one play of the following game where the guy guarding him sneezes on him and he collapses... That Thomas hit fucked him up good.

>Schedule babby

Seems he played a completely healthy and much younger offensive juggernaut Falcons team this year. Strength of schedule is what won him he ring though.....................

KEK

Patsfags are 2EZ

They are actually discussing showing one less commercial break per quarter which would make a huge difference.

I would say... More probable than not

;)

if lewis and gronk end up being healthy for the whole year it's over

what will actually stop him
he didn't stop at 18-1
nothing will stop him

I think there is a good chance Brady gets one more in the next two years. Who knows what the team will look like 3 years from now when he's 42/43

>Patriots are one of the youngest teams in the NFL
>Are heading into the off season with more salary cap room than the other 3 teams in their division combined
>After they lost their best offensive weapon they didn't lose a game including the Superbowl
>Have the GOAT QB who still needs to prove some stubborn people wrong
>Have the GOAT Head Coach at a time when coaching is potentially at an all time low
>Opposing teams are going to be shitting themselves knowing that no lead is safe after watching Brady come back from the biggest deficit in Super bowl history, will lead to mental mistakes
>Patriots have never lost a game when Dion Lewis is active
>it looks like all of the Pats coordinators, who are all top tier, will be back
>All of the other high tier teams in the NFL right now either have a great QB but no defense, or a great defense but no QB
>Most of the teams that could realistically challenge the Pats have a very young and unproven QB that could regress just as much as improve (Dallas, Oakland, Tennessee, Tampa)

9/10 bretty good

lewis is overrated. you can find players like him left and right.

Dallas defense is trash, Brady would eat their corners alive.

They should've went with fucking Flutie. But the Bills really love them razorcakes

Pretty much. Plus Dez seems to be declining at a consistent rate and Dak/Zeke are unproven in the long haul.

The pats have something special called 'coordinators who never ditch'. Stability wins.

If the AFC continues to be dogshit and the Patriots make some GREAT deals in the draft and free agency, I can see it.

For starters I'd make sure Hightower is resigned, he's the leader of that defense.

But Brady SERIOUSLY need some dominant reciever to throw the ball to. Meme manlets are great and all but can quickly get exposed.

>only one NFC winner in the last 5 owls
the NFC would look dogshit too if they had the Pats

Larry Fitz pls and thank you

>Opposing teams are going to be shitting themselves knowing that no lead is safe after watching Brady come back

this
dude is terrifying

Oh, please, even Dom Capers was able to slow that pollock down.

14 Hawks

Dominate line, LB and secondary.

Broncos couldn't even make it back to the playoffs.

>Romo sweepstakes

Only a foolish team would go after him. Romo is done. These last 2 seasons, he's gone down with injuries from hits and he's on the wrong side of 30.

>dont trade back in the draft

Spoken like a Jest fan.

It's more about who's going to be able to stop the Pats. If by some miracle Romo signs with a good AFC team and stays healthy (lol) it could be their biggest roadblock.

Realistically they're going to BTFO the Raiders in the AFCCG.

New England has never lost a game when Lewis is active.

Romo doesn't need to be a top 5 QB on a team like the Broncos or Texans, he just needs to be smart enough to go through his progressions and find the open men on short routes. He would be a vast improvement over Osweiler or Seimien.

unless they go full retard and let Hightower go they're guaranteed to at least get back to the Superbowl next year

Vegas currently has it 5-1.

I'm Jared Goff

Man will be 40 this year. We may be getting close to his retirement.

Gronk is Bo Jackson, his injuries are from the xtra effort and players it takes to bring him down. Because of this he'll have ALS in his 40s

Until he gets hit and is done for the season. Houston will make Romo his bitch if he goes to the Donkeys.

Brady's confident of playing to 45, and barring injury, I think he does so

Odds are really good

Broncos have an entirely new coaching staff and question marks on offensive line and at quarterback, they're not contenders

Raiders have Carr, but he's proven to be injury prone. And Brady can go balls deep on that joke of a defense

Colts don't stand a prayer of a chance

Steelers are falling apart, who knows if Brown will be back or Bell. Roethlisberger is even talking retirement. Way too much drama around that team.

Ravens lost a stud defensive player to retirement, and feels like they aren't legitimate

Bengals can't win a playoff game

Dolphins got lucky this year, they won't be serious next year.

Titans flashed potential at the end of the year but that quickly evaporated.

So there's really no one in the AFC to compete with

NFC could beat them, but the Seahawks are all prima donas now. Packer's "defense" has no quick answers. Cowboys might be the best threat if they can improve defensively and get lucky with injuries again.

Pats will trade Gronk to some idiot team that thinks they're only one piece away, rape the Browns on a trade for Garapolo, and reinvest their 68 fucking million.

Really they're going to repeat and it won't be close.

Fucking sucks, I absolutely despise the Patriots. The only way they'll be stopped is if Brady or Edelman go down, everyone else is disposable and they'll win the superbowl. They could even handle Edelman as long as he's the only significant injury.

>leave the Patriots to me

Imagine they lost to the team Jimmy gets traded to. This is what I'm hoping for.

You can't plan your team around an injury that may or may not happen. That's planning for failure. You sign the guy and do your damndest to keep him upright and on the field.

Depending on the off-season, I wouldn't be shocked at a 6 and 7.

I think #1 or #2 seed to the AFC Championship game is probably the minimum they get the next 2 years.