Does this look infected?

Does this look infected?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_yOsHYpQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah, when did this occur?

Day and a half ago, been putting gauze and antibacterial ointment on it. Doesn't really hurt or anything.

Get it stitch yo. Suppose to not move your hand if you get a wound like that, it will keep opening and will take longer to heal.

Can it still be stitched after 48hs? I can go, but it would have to be tomorrow.

Too late for stitches. That needs to be done within the first several hours.
Doesn't look too bad OP, just deep. Keep it clean. Soap, water, antibacterial wash. Use neosporin or other ointment. Keep it covered, but let it breathe throughout the day. You'll have a scar, but not a bad one.
Also. NO PICKING!

Not infected yet. Keep it clean and covered until it scabs over, then leave it exposed. If it swells and gets puss, it's infected.

This nigga gonna die.

What happened, first of all?

that's not your wrist you dummy

Using this ointment, and Betaderm cream. Should i get Peroxide too?

My housemate didn't tell me he left my knives in the sink, and had to run so i went to finish the dishes...

It's people like you who make Sup Forums a better place bro

pour some hydrogen peroxide on it, keep it clean and ggez

Burn the wound

It looks fine, superglue that shit closed tho.

you forgot tell tell him to piss on it thatll prevent further infection

Fucking comedic genius...

looks like flesh coming out, enjoy your permanent nerve damage for avoiding hospital too long,

Pour rubbing alcohol on it pussy

needs stitches

Rip

IS my life of gaming over?

Peroxide is almost useless for wound cleaning. Just use bar soap or, if you really have to, a lauryl/lareth-sulphate-based detergent. Unless you get crap in it, don't scrub it or allow it to soak after the first wash.

That creme should be just fine on its own. Slap a band-aid on it for good measure, that thing might re-open now and again.

Pic related if you want to save on band-aids.

Thanks guys, I have no bandages tonight, i'll grab some tomorrow, just the gauze and some tape.

Do you slap the dishes until they look clean enough or what? Explain in detail, faggot.

Currently have something like that. Get iodine and pour on it twice a day. And they won't stitch it up after that long because that just makes it more prone to get infected

It was a stormy night when I had just gotten home from work. My housemate was in the kitchen drying his hands, when he said to me
"Hey user, I need to run, can you please finish these up for me?"
I quickly replied, "Sure thing my friend."

After taking off my work clothes, and my housemate had left, I headed into the kitchen, the water looked fresh, with lots of bubbles. There was plates stacked inside the sink, I started with those since it was the closest. I grabbed the dishcloth in one hand, a sidh in the second, and started to violently cleean it of all debris.

After i finished a few of the plates, I went in to grab some silverware, thinking that there was some at the bottom of the abyss, as there normally was. To my suprise, I felt a sharp prick, and pulled out my hand from the water. Warm red liquid was running down my arm, i quickly grabbed a dry cloth and held it onto the wound, hoping to stop the bleeding.

After about five minutes or so the bleeding stopped, and i went to drain the sink with my other hand, in the bottom of the sink was silverware, and a few of my paring knives, I knew immediately what had caused my wound.

I went to a clinic that was just down the street from me, and got turned away since they were not accepting walk-ins that day. I went to a second and also got turned away, I inquired if I could come back the next day, and was refused again, stating that I did not have a family doctor with them.

I bought some gauze and waterproof surgical tape, and here we are, 1 and a half days after.

you are fucking stupid.
wounds like that need stitches, because thats the best way a wound can heal if its deep
no "bandage" will do what a stitch forcing 2 pieces of flesh to "sew" itself back up can do.
get the fucking stitches
pay the 50 bucks, and learn that if you dont get that stitched theres a real GOOD chance that it will open back up again and again. its on the fucking thumb for christs sake
lets say you bandage it only. WITH stitches, it would take up to a month at least to heal, and thats when they are literally kissing each other (your flesh)
imagine how long that will take.
i forget why i even come on here anymore, you guys get fucking stupider and stupider every year

Source : Medfag

nah ur good broski just leave it open to dry out

10/10, would read again.
As I suspected, you couldn't see what was inside but decided to shove your hand in it anyway. Hopefully you'll know to be more careful next time.
How deep is the wound, by the way? Can you move your thumb?

You clearly need to go back to school you fucking retard. You don't stitch something like that if it's been more than 6 hours or so. You keep shit like that clean and let it heal. Jesus titty fucking christ.

Is your dad gay?

The answer to both questions is yes.

A month? He doesnt seem to be old, can't take that much. 2 weeks, tops. Wannd bet?

That's my favorite Sum 41 album

Why not? (Not medfag user)

They normally don't put knives in with other dishes, thats why i thought it was safe.
Maybe 1cm, 1 and a half? I don't really have a good measurement.
I can move my thumb, doesn't really hurt, only if I put pressure on it (TRying to open a bottle or something)

Seriously people in this fucking thread. Ive had worse fucking wounds than this that I didnt have stitched. Just clean it and cover it occasionally.

that doesn't make you a badass, it makes you a pussy faggot who is afraid to get stiches

You stitch a dirty wound together and now you've trapped the bacteria inside. You basically encourage an infection.

no just wash it, apply some disinfectant, let dry, kinda squeeze it closed and apply superglueto the outside to keep it sealed.

if the would is deep enough and heals incorrectly you can reopen the would fucking dumbass. this happens commonly with bones that are healing wrong for whatever reason. they break the bone again and adjust accordingly. we still dont have a great science to healing, as 90% of the work comes form out bodies outselves a majoirty of the time
again, OP can be just talking shit and save face and say its been 2 days.
ive seen wounds like that which need stitches up to 2 days. i have no clear pic and cane see how deep it is OR how hes cleaned it. a dry piece of flesh means dozens of things

its stupid at this point to even attest this, his best course of action if to see a doctor, as we have NO idea how bad it is by 1 picture.

I genuinely think you arent a medfag but someone who probably luckily hurt himself like a dumbass and didnt need stitches fortunately. the exception isnt the rule. Of course hes free to take advice from ppl who wont get a bad infection if hes wrong, why should you guys? its not your thumb on the line

OP im giving you solid advice and im finishing up my last year. See the damn doctor.

I'll go see one tomorrow, as it is now midnight. Hopefully some near me will take walkins. Since I've moved to this area and have no family doctor to use.

Same user again, i stayed in this thread cause im taking a shit. What insurance do you have? If you moved, i sure as hell hope you have at least a PPO. Or at least insurance, HMO can work just fine. IF you dont have insurance, i still suggest at least getting it looked at. They can tell you what to do depending on how nice the doctor is. Ive seen ppl get stitches and everything and by god himself the doctor only charges them 50 dollars for whatever reason. Im not saying that will happen to you, only that ive SEEN it happen a handful of times.

If you have an HMO or ppo i suggest urgent care, and hospital if its needed. Urgent care is significantly cheaper. Bring a book or something, cause it WILL take time but they can do the same job too, unless your urgent care somehow needs you to see a doctor. If you have a PPO you are in good shape, as it will be cheaper overall with it.

Good luck OP, and please dont do anything too stupid. Its only thing to cut your arm or something, but fingers are a lot harder to fix if they are fucked up. I almost lost mine a few years back in a really bad car accident, and learned from there how important fingers are and how hard they are to heal if they arent caught quick enough.

nah not really, still healing tho, so put some neosporin on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_yOsHYpQY

you faggot, I was going to post that

I don't think I have any insurance, just whatever Canadians get, Normally (in my old town) I'd just go into the doctors office and ask if there was any openings that day if i needed help. Since i moved though, i don't really know the protocols. As I said i was turned away from two clinics already. So i'll just go to a hospital in the morning.

Does not look infected, looks like it has not been getting air...wounds need to breath to a point.

If you notice a green or brown/grey coloration and a noticeabke smell coming from it go to the ER immediately. Otherwise keep dressing it and use wound closing bandages and stitches wont be necessary. Unless its actively bleeding then you should stitch it closed.

oh, youre a canadafag? why the fuck ARENT you going.
Dammit OP, you idiot.
You have access to it for free, and you still dont want to do it. God damn it OP

sigh

look just tell them when you see them that it is a burning sensation, and that you think it might look infected. If i remember correctly, canada does it by priority. Just say it happened within the lasst few hours and they will take it like its a more important one and you will get seen faster.

Even if they call your obvious lie, they will still have you seen. dont do anything stupid to the would either, to help the case and make you get seen faster. Dont want to fuck it up any more.

Doesn't look infected, just large with subcutaneous bleeding (i.e., blood pooling under the skin).

You should get stitches to close it up, but the world won't end if you don't. It'll just take longer to heal and have a very large scar.

Well, i did try two clinics, but the hospital is kinda far and im lazy as hell, being as I no longer have a vehicle, i didn't want to walk six blocks.

dont ever be lazy on actual open flesh wounds OP.
Thats how you really fuck yourself

im out, good luck.

Don't use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. That kills healthy tissue and causes the wound to take longer to heal, since it interferes in the creation of support lattice on which cells are built. Get some real antiseptic. (In extreme cases, it's possible to die from the use of hydrogen peroxide on open wounds creating oxygen -- that's what the fizzing is -- and forcing it through your blood vessels in bubbles.)

In the future, if you don't plan to go to the hospital, you can use Superglue to hold the wound shut instead. Ideally you should be using surgical glue (which is long-chain cyanoacrylate) rather than regular off-the-shelf Superglue (which is short-chain), but one application won't kill you. Superglue was originally intended to be used as battlefield dressing in Viet Nam.

Go to the hospital faggot

just staple it closed

>Going to the doctor and paying to get stitches
>Get prescribed ibuprofen for the pain
>Or just let the wound heal.
/thread

quit being a pussy and throw a piece of duck tap e on it

Med fag here
No it doesn't look infected though it's hard to say since it hasn't been that long

I'd get a stich in it if you can though because it probably won't heal right otherwise

Got drunk one night and fell. Don't remember what onto... Cut was deeper and much bigger. Didn't even know I had it for 3 days when I touched it and felt pain. Is it warm around it? Doesn't really look infected. Pretty sure after 48 hours they can't do shit. Put a tight bandage on it and be careful with movements. Prepare for a scar.

The fuck... It's just a small cut... Put a band aid on it and move the fuck on with your life

Lol r u in kindergarten bro??
That's a cute little scratch you got there, nurse at the hospital gonna give you literally one stitch and then their all gonna laugh at u in the vafteria for being a small dick fag who wasted 400$ on a hospital visit for this dumb shit