Redpill me on kendrick lamar

redpill me on kendrick lamar
is he good?

yea

the best doing it

kendrick lamar: i'm a rapper of average ability with really annoying voice who masks my mediocre music as art under the guise of it being "culturally relevant" or "progressive" or "conscious"
me: good artist

Obviously he's good. Just listen to GKMC all the way through. Pay attention to the lyrics, the way he tells a story, paints a picture, and carries a mood. He's one of the best to ever do it

>we wuz kangz

>mu decide my opinions

YES! he's a black Israelite now too so he's red pilled on the JQ. GKMC is best album, don't @ me lmoa

Pretty good

Kinda. GKMC and s80 are pretty solid.

Kendrick has above-average flow and delivery. Trap is such a shitty offshoot of hip-hop, though, that people who are merely "pretty good" are lauded as great.

You can apply this to Chance the Rapper as well. He's pretty good, but he also benefits from blowing up at a time when most other names in the game fucking suck.

t. has never listened to a concept album before

t. Redditor

On a scale from 1 to letting Martin Luther King Jr. come back from the dead and fuck you in the ass as reparations for all the institutional harm that you've personally done to black people, how guilty do you feel about being white? Your answer will determine if you think Kendrick Lamar is good or not.

white people's favorite rapper
he's just a verbose midget

Yes, GKMC is great, and TBAP and untitled unmastered are masterpieces. Listen to them right now.

Kendrick Lamar is the most Reddit rapper out there.

>Sup Forums
>arbitrarily hating on kendrick
mr. edgy over here

J. Cole is the most reddit rapper out there

Damn honestly might be the most overrated album of all time. It's decent, but 95 on metacritic? Give me a fucking break.

>most overrated album of all time
Cmon now. It's obviously overrated but it was literally designed to be. You have one of the most critically acclaimed artists producing somewhat inaccessible and challenging albums (GKMC and TPAB). Both albums are universally said to be two of the best rap albums of all time, but neither are necessarily easy listens for the average person. Kendrick then releases an album full of accessible, straight-forward, commercial, but still technically proficient bangers (DAMN), giving normies a chance to fully board the hype train without Kendrick tarnishing his reputation. Now literally everyone that listens to music can point to a Kendrick album and genuinely say they love AND that it's objectively good. That's the perfect formula for complete music-market domination. Kendrick is a genius