Is he /ourguy/?

Is he /ourguy/?

>whiny cuck who is subservient to the BBC
Of course he is

the episode where he gets the letter that his dad died even though he knows that he and himself have already been dead for millions of years is kino

Yes

He's a schmeeeee

He's a schmeeeee

He's a schmeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeee

He is one of the few characters that a Sup Forums user can identify with.

He's actually a surprisingly deep and tragic character so no.

I have literally never in my life never met another person besides my dad know about Red Dwarf
Please commence the Red Dwarf themed shitposting that will blast my ass with decade old nostalgia

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

I don't understand why he's so afraid of violent confrontations after being in so many of them

Like eventually you should realize it's no big deal

How is that even possible?

22nd Sept Red Dwarf XI starts .

How many episodes?

I am a 20 year old american boy, the only reason I even knew about the show was my daddy's DVD copies

>Terrible with women
>Shit family life
>Loves Napoleon and Hitler
>Neurotic

He's /r9k/, Sup Forums and Sup Forums all files into one.

Dog>Cat.

>I was Alexander the Great's chief eunuch

I can relate. I used to stay up late to watch this shit on our local PBS affiliate along with Are You Being Served.

I still think that revealing JFK's assassin was JFK himself was pretty outstanding comedy science fiction.

To be fair, he isn't a paedo so he's nothing like Sup Forums.

I bet you taste like chicken.

Know what I like about Red Dwarf's setting that you don't see in a lot of other science fiction?

Lister is from 2180 and he's interested in things from the 2180s. He's not listening to classical compositions or watching plays from 1000 years before he was born - or more importantly from the exact moment the series he was in was actually filmed.

Stuff like dollarpounds and Rastabilly Skank and the London Jets are dropped in conversation without any overt exposition defining them because it's what 2180s people are familiar with.

The best part was Lister finally saying "We forgot to ask him where we could get a curry" immediately followed by Cat, Kryten and Rimmer all just stomping the shit out of him

I never liked how much RD pandered to America 2bh.
>Garbage
>Trash
>Elevator
>The picture of the football player had American handegg body armour
There were countless times they did it and is the only stain on it.

Reproductive system baby!

This is /ourguy/

XI

Interesting proposal, you bastard.

the thread's dead, Dave. the thread is dead. nobody's bumped it in 3 million years. we're light-years away from the first page.

fpbp

so what is it?

the only reason i know about it is because of pbs marathoning it on those weekends when they were begging for donations

Chess

FISH!

I believe red dwarf ship is an american owned ship

>As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Its a time leak

Fuck sake!
Now I want to rewatch the show.

Red Dwarf thread in a couple of days?

Its owned by the Jupiter Mining Corporation.

new season in a few weeks

Never actually saw the new stuff. Remember my flat mates when I did a year of uni in the UK were watching it a couple of years ago when it aired.
Was funny, Red Dwarf and Dr Who was the only thing I ever saw gather to watch.

Was going to watch it then forgot about it so guess I have some catching up to do.

a white hole

never managed to watch the new stuff, all of it was just pure shit compared to the old

i didn't mind the last season but back to earth wasn't great, the worst was when barrie left for another show for a season so they replaced him with kochanski

everything since season 6 is kind of poopy, but seasons 7 and 10 are otay. seasons 8 & 9 are cancer

>Lister is actually traveling around space with a hologram, a robot who is just following programming and a cat

If I was him i'd just be totally depressed 24/7. I mean holo Rimmer isn't even really a person, just a computer interpreting what Rimmer would say and do

And not even the proper Kochanski, at that.
Nooo what we got was some posh bird, when what we needed was a wee Glaswegian hen.

Rather than asking who """our""" guy is, why don't we instead ask who ISN'T our guy?

Thickie Holden.

Both our guys.

Try again.

m8 if only I had half the luck of that thick twat, I would not be sitting here conversing with you plebs kek

Gandi in the plastic world episode.

What's his name again Sup Forums?

ahnuld
ahnuld
ahnuld rimmer

giiiirl you make me tongue tiiiiied

Goddamn, Red Dwarf is seriously my GOAT sitcom

The sets, the fact that all the characters dislike each other, male Holly, the reoccurring gags (the damage report is my favourite)

Its just so goddamn comfy and goofy I absolutely love it. I could even sit through the kochanski season and the prison season. Back to Earth was the only piece of shit I couldn't stand.

/captainslog

>watching that pannel show about sitcoms
>nobody knows when Blackadder was set (1917)
>nobody knows when Red Dwarf was set (3m in the future, first episode was 2080)

IDIOTS.

nvm lad here have a stress sheet and calm down

I'm watching it too user. Why is shit like Miranda and Citizen Khan being put up alongside Fawlty Tower and Red Dwarf?

Khan isn't too bad, but that's only cause I have a secret brown grill fetish. Not waifu material, but sex.

Miranda is ehhh too.

The problem is, there is nobody trying to make good shit. The last good sitcom was IT Crowd.

Apparently the rebooted Are you Being Served and the other one are good. The BBC is even bringing back Good Night Sweethart, one of my all time favourite shows which I had hoped they'd bring back this year, as it's 20 years since it's last episode.

I thought it'd be neat him returning to 2016 Britain after getting stuck in 1945.

>muh muh muh
don't tell me, that shit is on bbc2 or channel 4

>The BBC is even bringing back Good Night Sweethar
it aired last week lad
it was okay

>Are you Being Served
this reboot was absolutely awful even the plebs slated it

The good night sweetheart remake was on last Friday user, it was OK I guess, just kind of odd to have it not set during WWII. He plays an Adele song in 1962 at the end

>He plays an Adele song in 1962 at the end

lad I nearly self combusted with flames of cringe

Is he /fa/

I know right. If they make any more episodes I'm expecting Bieber and Taylor Swift.

The most irritating thing is he only spent like 8 hours in 2016 and he memorised all the lyrics and figured out how to play it on piano

kek
it was great to see ron again though

I wonder if the rumours of Holly coming back are true.

I'm so behind on BBC Sup Forums. Haven't watched stuff regularly since the first season of Matt Smiths Doctor Who.

Was it? What was the other show? My dad is 71 and he said one of them was good, the other not bad.

One of the best sitcom characters of all

He has not aged well tho

Christ, I think I got wanker's whiplash!

Ron was fantastic in the original. It was incredibly comfy show. The episode where the Time Inspector basically explains that 'time is like a radio, it has different frequencies' was pretty neat, especially since at in the first season, Ron says "time is like a river, but who says you can't get off the boat and hike back along the bank?". It was neat to cover that shit. Then the panic Gary had over the conversation about Pearl Harbour and the aircraft carriers, and Ron calls him a megalomaniac for thinking he was the one who prevented all the aircraft carriers being destroyed. Then the bit where Garry shits on Guy Burgess as well.

hehe ron kinda morphed into that funny little guy off the "herbie goes..." films

>Craig Charles is doing voice over for BBC2 Radio music shit

...everybody?

Yes Dave, everybody.

...everybody?

They're dead Dave, they're all dead, everybody's dead

Not Captain Hollister...

That's TENSION sheet, Thickie.

what Todd Hunter?

>he wasn't in the new Robot Wars
>no rhyme to send us out with

Yes Dave, even the shitposters, everybody's dead Dave.

Everybody's dead Dave

He's too busy with Corry, Radio 2(?) and filming Red Dwarf.

Apparently that was just his last name. It was Frank Todhunter.

What Selby?

Gordon Bennett, yes even Selby.

Peterson isn't is he?

Yes, Dave, everybody's dead, everybody's dead, Dave.

Not Chen

Anyone else read the books? My mum bought the omnibus and the two sequels from a car boot sale when I was about 10. Didn't understand that the sequels were alternatives written after the writers split so I read Backwards, then Last Human.

Definitely give them a go, especially Last Human if you like Rimmer Rimmer, to rhyme with scum

Dead Dave everybody is

LWait, are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?

Fuck yeah I've read them through a few times

Backwards is one of my favourite books ever, theyre all pretty great though, really flesh out the characters

Lister liked to watch old movies.

did the show lose something when they moved from red dwarf to starbug? i felt like it did

Yeah im tryin to find a bf who likes red dwarf but no one else seems to have heard of it. wtf its a bbc show. or was.

Yes Dave. Everybody's dead Dave.

Shouldn't have let him out in the first place.