April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/16/april-third-month-in-row-to-break-global-temperature-records
What does this mean Sup Forums? Is this all just a jewish conspiracy? Or should we start looking for alternate forms of energy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D-m09lKtYT4?t=45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

>people still think we pollute the earth more than volcanoes, natural fires, and various other destructive phenomena

it's

n a t u r a l

it's actually been unseasonably cool here in the southeast

not that I'm complaining

"If we can't have it, no one can".
t. white people

Have scientists ever researched this point? I'm interested in seeing how much more damage this does. I'm tired of listening to liberals go on about the fucking weather, when it was still snowing in April where i am

being natural doesn't mean it's good for us

>walk outside
>its 90F (32C)
>drink some more water and continue with my day

its that simple
t. miamifag

This

It's been colder the past two weeks than it was near Christmas. I love it

47F today in MA dixiebro, this shit was never this cool when i was a kid

Sun is in a cooling phase
Its too soon for the expected natural warming phase of the earth
CO2 is a known greenhouse gas
CO2 levels have been rising dramatically since the industrial period
Medieval Warming period had a warmer Europe but was colder in other parts of the world, making it a weather pattern and not a warming global climate cycle.

it means the weather is changing, just like it's been since the planet formed and atmosphere

I mean what has a greater effect on this planet? the 4 billion people in the developed or developing world? or the mass of ocean currents and the power of the fucking sun.

Essentially the consensus is that current natural activity isn't enough to explain the warming. We are doing enough pollution that we are overriding current CO2 productions to be far over what they should be.

it means that the aliens have finally forgotten to make adjustments to all our climate gauges, since their goal is to make us think everything is ok while we gradually destroy the planet, thus leaving earth for the aliens to reinhabit after the humans have gone. Don't fall for their tricks, anons!

makes sense leafbro, this country went from global cooling, to global warming, to climate change. seems fishy

its actually been cooler here but thanks for the propaganda. i have also seen more rain this year on the south east of murica

people up north are pansies though. they think 75 F is hot lmao. years back there was a 105 F day some people died in their houses. but its been cooler every year since

There are no other causes for this warming though than us. We've ruled everything else out.

they're aliens, why not bombard our planet from orbit or wipe us out with a pathogen and then do whatever the fuck they want to this place unimpeded by filthy humans.

It is -1 celsius here so whatever.

i remember in the 90s during the summer months we would have days that would be in the 100s a few times during the season. I think the past few years we haven't had one

no, it means we dont need to cripple our industry

which is the only thing that can save by the way

we're not important enough to produce a means of effecting climate or weather on this planet in any meaningful way, although we like to think we are.

Where I am in Ontario we actually are having spring, so to me this is good.

False. Our CO2 production is large enough to impact the PPM noticeably. This isn't magic and denying our involvement when no other explanation works isn't going to solve anything.

but, I thought Sup Forums told me science was fake?

>people still think it's a complete coincidence that CO2 levels have been rising 50x faster than any point in the last million years
just stop user. Also volcanos release SO2 which has a cooling effect, and increased volcanic activity is associated with global cooling (see, e.g., Mount Pinatubo in the early 90s)

The lower atmosphere is warming while the upper atmosphere is cooling. The only thing that causes that is changes to the atmosphere (as opposed to changes in solar intensity, etc) and those changes are not natural.

So why the crusade for us to cut down in the USA when pic related?

Climate change is natural amd inevitable.

People need to learn to deal with new climates instead of being afraid nimwits.

America is still one of the worst in pollution. But yea China is fucked up as well

i like how that graph projects an exponential increase it has no explanation for

>Also volcanos release SO2 which has a cooling effect, and increased volcanic activity is associated with global cooling

I legitimately want to see more information about this.

I wonder how warm it as when the dinosaurs were around.

Are you being serious? I've never recalled a time when people in the United States had to wear masks due to unbreathable air, unlike China

Virginia here. It's way too cold for mid-May. Do not like.

if CO2 is the deciding factor in global warming explain why ice cores show higher levels present in the past than in atmosphere right now?
youtu.be/D-m09lKtYT4?t=45

Where do you think all the churkas from central asia will go to when their lands will dry up, comrade?

Friendly reminder that if we all used thorium reactors instead of coal and oil the emissions would be negligible and not one big company gets to profit from eco schemes and green memes like the toxic solar panels that are only green once they've been installed.

See this is why Putin developed the masterplan of making us a poor shithole. Then they will go to China or Europe. Genius.

Because it's not. CO2 is pretty much what the WHO and CCoC deemed the only factor to investigate.

Here its been a record cold.
Even had melting snow yesterday night.

Polar jet stream has shifted I guess.

warming temps have been proven to be doctored to show a rise (NASA). Scientists can only study what they get funding for, if they go against global warming they are cut off from funding and are ostrichsized, if they 'prove' global warming they get big fat checks and pats on the back.

>Throughout history, governments have twisted science to suit a political agenda. Global warming is no different, according to Dr. Richard Lindzen of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

>“Global climate alarmism has been costly to society, and it has the potential to be vastly more costly. It has also been damaging to science, as scientists adjust both data and even theory to accommodate politically correct positions,” writes Lindzen in the fall 2013 issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons.

>“Global Warming has become a religion,” writes Lindzen. “A surprisingly large number of people seem to have concluded that all that gives meaning to their lives is the belief that they are saving the planet by paying attention to their carbon footprint.”

VA here also. Do like, it is gonna be hot as balls soon bro.

No, volcanoes have a temporary cooling effect from the particulate they spew into the air. Sulfur oxides aren't apart of that solid particulate.

Look up Mount Pinatubo. Also the Year without a Summer was caused by a volcano

Warmer than it is now. What quality of life did humans enjoy back then? Also CO2 levels were higher back then but the rate of increase is still greater now

Well Trump wants to get rid of the EPA and environmental protections. Before the CAA there were people dying from air pollution in the US. The Donora Smog killed 20 people in a few days.

I just had a thought. We've been chopping away at timber at enormous rates, certainly the largest rates in human history.
We also know that trees take in CO2 and release O2.

How much of the proposed climate change is attributable to deforestation?
If it's close to all of it, we all got hooked.

Legit didn't even know this guy existed, thanks for the info patriot.

So what you are saying is we just need to set off a volcano somehow and it will be fine?

I was not making a point of that, I was just wondering about how it has changed over a longer period of time because these charts only go back less than 1 million years most of the time.

>it's
>n a t u r a l

So is poison ivy, rub it on your genitals pls.

senpai, im in socal. it's raining. quit this nonsensory.

>explain why this completely made up fact is true even though it's not?
see Ice core samples go back about a million years, and were never above 300ppm. Now we're around 400ppm.

>OP pic related

I'm okay with the EPA being abolished, and having the environmental regulations handled at state and city levels.

Volcanoes are peaceful and wish to remain undisturbed. Volcanoes have caused less deaths than any other natural disaster. They have no desire to harm humans.

It has been a really fucking cold wet ass spring in the NE. Hell it's in the low 50s here on Long Island. I call bullshit.

>set off a volcano and it will be fine

Maybe not that. However, there are scientists investigating putting an inert particulate spray into the atmosphere to offset any warming effect. The solution would be fairly simple from an engineering and scientific standpoint, and it would also be very cheap. However most governments aren't interested in doing that because it doesn't benefit them directly.

So how do we make one angry? Tourism? We need ash clouds apparently.

fuck off chef boyardee, take your false equivalence elsewhere. spic

Volcanoes aren't sentient, old friend-san.

I would expect this thread subject line to be written by a canadian than anyone else.

maybe im a pussy, but im legit considering turning on the heat here in MA, fuckin 46F

>quantity and quality of data increased with time
>as time goes on extremes become more common
>this is supposed to be a surprise or an indicator of anthropogenic climate change
Wew. Imagine if you only took the measurements of rainfall in the same place in spring, and then summer rolled around and the rain stopped, would that be climate change? No, because scale is everything. A few months of record highs, or record highs at all is simply an indicator of the limited scale of the data.

>Volcanoes aren't sentient
That is pretty sentientist. Who are you to say what is and is not sentient?

What the fuck is wrong with you Japan? Stop anthropomorphising everything. Life isn't like a god damn anime.

>Mount Pinatubo

>The eruption had a significant effect on ozone levels in the atmosphere, causing a large increase in the destruction rate of ozone. Ozone levels at mid-latitudes reached their lowest recorded levels, while in the southern hemisphere winter of 1992, the ozone hole over Antarctica reached its largest ever size until then, with the fastest recorded ozone depletion rates. The eruption of Mount Hudson in Chile in August 1991 also contributed to southern hemisphere ozone destruction, with measurements showing a sharp decrease in ozone levels at the tropopause when the aerosol clouds from Pinatubo and Hudson arrived.

the reason it caused a cooling effect was because the shit in the air literally blocked sunlight

the chemicals the volcano released massively fucked up the atmosphere and weather

what the fuck are you on about

Love you Japanese friend.

>The titanic can't be sinking, my end just rose 600ft into the air

>global warming
>Russia acquires a nice temperate climate
>Europe is now tropics
>everything to the south of mediterranean sea dies of heat
So what are the downsides?

I got my eye on you Mount Fuji

>the world is a ship floating in water

Trusting the science jew.

All the shitskins who will head north.

according to fudged numbers

It fucking snowed here a couple of weeks ago, when usually it's 15-20°C, so i don't think we broke highest temp record

>Implying it's not the exact logic people are using by saying "da wurld can't be warming, it's colder over here"

It's average warming you fucking tards

Maybe we finally tilted the planet into a new ice age and they are trying to stop a panic. That would be awesome for a lot of reasons.

>trusting anything the guardian says about climate change

I wanted an actual discussion you stupid fucking muslim.

hi tolerant lefitst!

Imagine all the shitskin freezing to death as they're not used to low temp

>alternate forms of energy

>windfarms
kill millions of birds every single year but 'lol birds what do they do for the ecosystem n shit, right?'.
High fucking mainteance costs, they're basically a scam as they never pay for themselves because they fuck up so very regular.

>tidal power
same thing as windfarms but more fishy including maintenance costs.

>solar power
takes up valuable agriculture land.
it can be said that barren desserts can be used to build the solar farms but good luck with sandstorms and aloha-snackbars ruining everyones day.

>nuclear
'muh chernobel' - (hippies wont allow them)

>fission power
unless lochheed marten make with the fucking fruits of their labor this is a long time yet to come.

>dlythium crystals (i havnt spelled it right and i don't care)
OK #Bernout fuck off back to your quarantine zones @ reedit.

most of the planet's oxygen is produced by phytoplankton not trees.

If volcanoes are sentient they must be the most reclusive and autistic intelligent beings in the entire universe.

Considering Norway is such a small country which produces more electrical energy from hydropower than we consume, I've always been more concerned with environment than climate and climate change. Could I get a redpill?

i voted for trump in my state primary, and i wanted an actual discussion. go see a dentist you fucking disgusting muslim pig.

Seriously
We lose some coastline that can't even be farmed and free up much more land

nuclear is definitely the way to go. Problem is, even if people agree with you that it's mostly safe and effective, if you propose that we make a nuclear plant near their town they'll repel the idea religiously.

also I believe you got fission and fusion confused.

It's called ANTHROPOMORPHIC climate change for a reason.

Not "global warming"
Not "natural change"

The reason it's cooler for you is because you're on the coast and ice from le poles melts, raises the ocean, fucks up air currents, and makes it windy af which leads to higher highs and lower lows.

niggers and spics from coastal areas move more inland and infect the remaining white communities.
maybe the tide rising is a bad thing

They are not autistic. They live lives of peace but sometimes get sick, resulting in eruptions. After they get better they become peaceful observers once again. Some are even peaceful creators. Many would not have homes if there were no volcanoes.

Yeah, nuclear

Aww did I make u cri?

>it's called BUZZWORD and it does whatever I say, because I need you to tax corporations more and create more regulations while other countries pollute worse than we do

>actually solving the problem is a sin to the BUZZWORD religion

Everyone is done pretending we don't have an impact on the environment. We know we are putting gasses in the air that add to rising temperatures. However, we're, roughly, 5-10% of the cause. The global temperature is rising because we're still in a fucking ice age. The polar ice caps WILL melt because they have frozen and melted before. The sea will rise because it has done so before. A mass extinction will happen because it has and done so before. It would do this if we were still in huts and killing our dinner with a spear.

My earth science professor said that the climate has been slowly increasing for hundreds of years. He also said that weather stations have been shut down due to budget cuts. This means that weather stations are mainly in highly populated city areas where they have a warmer climate than other areas when recording tempature. I found this interesting because he also said to us global warming is a myth and he also said that humans have an impact of less than 1% on climate change.

*Fusion power allybro

Isn't it Global Climate Change? Besides that hasn't it been disproven that humans cause very little of the change?

It's called SCIENCE and maybe instead of being a fucktard and shitposting on a topic you don't understand you should go do RESEARCH

>you're on the coast
Nope.

>ice from le poles melts
Isn't polar ice volume at an all time high?

>raises the ocean
I always hear a lot about how the global average temperature has moved, but I never hear anything about sea levels except for hand-wringing projections. Has anyone measured this?

>fucks up air currents, and makes it windy af
That doesn't even begin to make sense.

>which leads to higher highs and lower lows.
It sounds like you're describing a heat mover. So where's the extra energy in the system coming from?

>April breaks global temperature record

April here is way colder than the previous years. 4 years ago I could lay around sunbathing mid february here.... 4 weeks later we had snow kek.

Global warming causes climate change. And it's been pretty conclusively proven that humans are responsible for the overwhelming majority of the warming, it's just retarded science denialists who think God controls the climate that think humans can't affect it

forest levels are expanding more rapidly than ever in history, numbnuts. at least in the first world. because our capitalists are smart enough to not harvest more than is sustainiable.