vocaroo.com/i/s1L5uz3gbI4B
clyp.it/4i3dbxhd
clyp.it/azft44ez
youtu.be/CcwEEu9yF7w
clyp.it/1vi241fq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bass below the 5th is fucking hard, from here >

any tips?

loosen that kung fu grip. your thumb should just be resting, no need to choke out the neck.
your thumb pivots your hand to flow over to I III & V.
this will involve stretching and practice.

>your thumb pivots your hand to flow over to I III & V.

So, I actually move my hand? Aren't I supposed to keep the fingers on their corresponding frets at all times?

Hey guys, do you believe in tonewood?

Why am I so lazy

By the way, if I don't 'choke the neck', there's always buzz, specially on those frets.

>pic related
is what i mean. for 1 finger 1 fret you may need to reach with your pinky and this pivot will help you get to the fret. over 5 frets your thumb should stay in the same spot while your hand moves.
>i am a terrible teacher
maybe this video can help you better than i
youtube.com/watch?v=8F0pVPr4VYw

Adam Neeley (professional bassist) actually recommends the opposite: keep fingers diagonal to fretboard and straighten the wrist.

Who the fuck am I gonna believe.

see what works for you, good luck.

theres buzz becaue you dont press the strings enoff
you shouldnt press the strings by pressing your thumb against the neck you should be able to fret even without the thumb, the thumb isnt to make any strenght

No motivation/inspiration.

>take my guitar for set-up, cleaning, string change
>guy in the shop starts doing it on the spot and expects me to wait

won't go there again.

entitled much? Learn to do it yourself, mongrel.

cant fret two strings with one fingertip
fuck no baby hands

les paul with g-force tuning. fuck dealing with that. happy to pay the $20.

>take my guitar for set-up, cleaning, string change

>Do what Kirk Hammett did when he joined Metallica: Play opening notes of each solo then fake the rest.
haha good idea will do

tfw ring finger joint doesn't bend enough for high e string to ring out in A Shape barre chord

Honestly, the first five frets are kinda iffy on a bass. I don't notice any speed/fretting difference when switching from to thumb towards headstock to thumb towards first string. The first method however is much more comfortable. But again that might depend on how big are your hands, and whether you're playing 4/5/6 string.

Seeing this actually made me go practice. Thanks user, I'll try to remember this everytime I don't want to do anything.

Well, when I point the thumb to the headstock, it's more comfortable but harder to stretch the hand. If I angle the wrist and point the thumb upwards, I can stretch the hand more but it really tenses up my arm and hand.

>complains about great service
The last fucking thing I wanna do is wait a week for my guitar.

youtu.be/Gxr2zINiH3c?t=5m13s

how is he doing the D shape chord in this?

example: the first C he does he seems to be adding a note with his third finger?
but that would throw my understanding of theory out the window if he was adding that note
or is he simply muting the string?

Reading this made me feel fuzzy. Youre welcome user. Cheers m8 you will get better if you practice.

you fucking faggot

he says d minor
its the part of g2 d3 a5 (stringfret)

That kind of flexibility improves over time if you work on it. Like those guys who do yoga so they can suck their own dicks.

does this ass serve
@ 0:21
sendvid.com/uvdw4tgk

doesnt that cause back pain?

im trying to learn gootar using rocksmith but i feel like fry in the holophoner episode. my stupid fingers dont do what i want them to and i cant follow all of the notes in rocksmith. i cant translate rocksmith note position to hand position
is rocksmith bad or am i autism

It shouldn't, since you're just stretching your fingers

What are the differences between acoustic guitar sizes like dreadnaught/concert? I'm a super beginner and I want to be able to play upbeat jazz/ bossa nova on it

i too, find google very difficult to use

Same because I haven't found an answer,
"Bigger means louder, smaller means not as loud" like so what does that mean and will it or will it not suit the type of music I want to learn

>i too know shit about guitar

rate
clyp.it/cbykni3z

which one /gg/?

reverb.com/item/6120601-g-l-legacy-tribute-2017-antique-white

reverb.com/item/6075681-g-l-tribute-legacy-limited-edition-2017-olympic-white

reverb.com/item/6120981-fender-stratocaster-85-90-torino-red

is anchoring bad or no

That "rule" isn't even true. If anything, bigger guitars tend to be more bassy and boomy, and smaller ones are brighter and punchier. Big guitars like jumbos/dreadnaughts can still be very dull and comparatively quiet, depending on a lot of factors.

As a beginner, you shouldn't be too concerned with the "perfect" guitar for a certain sound/style, because you haven't developed that preference yet. Go to a store and try out a bunch of shit, pick one that sounds good to you, and more importantly, feels comfortable.

Middle one

vocaroo.com/i/s1L5uz3gbI4B

it's not really bad, plenty of good guys do it. i anchored since i started playing and then learned how to play without anchoring. i can go back and forth now. the only difference is i feel more 'loose' when i play without anchoring, kind of hard to describe. i'd say it's worth learning how to play without anchoring though, just by focusing on picking i improved a lot.

>buy cheap strat clone
>fret edges are all sharper than my knives
>closest guitar repair shop is 2 hrs away
>already fucked up my Rogue acoustic with a nail file and created even more dead frets
JUST

so buy the proper files..

I wouldn't call it flat-out bad, but I don't think it helps any. And I noticed that with my acoustic, if I anchor, there's a big change in tone that sounds really thuddy and the overall tone gets duller. Never noticed that issue on electric though.

any tips/videos for fast arpeggios/"sweeps" on bass ?
especially for the right hand when ascending, the only technique I've found is to use the index's nail as some sort of pick and glide across the strings but it's kinda hard to switch between that and regular bass plucking

>if I anchor, there's a big change in tone that sounds really thuddy and the overall tone gets duller.
that's because you're preventing the top of the acoustic from vibrating

Hey guys Im wondering if this setup would work
Guitar -> usb interface input -> laptop
Then
Usb interface output -> rca(red white) to 1/4 inch adapter -> amp
If i do this would i be able to send my signal from fl studio out my amp? I also need the adapter as my interface only has one 1/4 inch input and the rest is rca. Id like to do this to use all the pedals in fl instead of dropping all my very limited money on analoh. Is there anything blatantly wrong or anything i need to know?

Finally got my custom Mauler Dually 2x15's last night! Loaded them up with Eminence Delta-15A's I got from a friend of mine who could get them at cost, which helped keep cost down. Paired with the Super Bassman these cabs howl!

lol idk. Make sure the output of the interface isn't too high. There might be a lot of lag too.

Try it and let us know if you blow your amp.

Pic uploaded wrong, here it is again

The Fender, if you can stand the color. I don't know why he's calling it a Squire. It's a good Jap guitar.

A guy told me it should be fine as long as do proper gain staging and leveling. I can control the output of my interface easily. Why would i blow my amp? Volume?

You should be fine to be honest, I was just joking. As long as you have everything set up right at least. Keep the volume super low and work your way up once it's all set up.

bump

I was not a fan of the contemporary strat from late 80s early 90s. The locking nut ate strings like a motherfucker and the trem was not good at all.

try it out at first slow with a metronome then work yourself up from there. There's no cutting Corners with the proper sweep/arpeggio

The reason I decided against recommending this one was that tremolo Floyd Rose copies are Infamous for being utter failures

Oh okay thanks. One more thing. Why dont more people do this? Does digital sound worse? I have pirated fl producers ed. so i have like 50 pedals, all the vsts, etc

My brother had one of them, not sure which trem was on it, think it was a Kahler. They sold it as if it was a floyd rose style trem, but it doesn't have a recession for it.

Purists and autists who wouldn't recognize good modeling.

Found a picture of another one and it was indeed the Kahler trash trem.

what are some fun songs to play that are 2010+

Problem is, I can't find and don't know what the proper right hand technique is.

slant the pick and sweep it

Dont anchor. Get used to keeping your hand floating

In this case, there's no locking nut. It will act like a regular trem. I never had problems with my '85 and I used to work it with stupid shit like scoops, warbles and dive bombs.

>that volume knob placement right next to the strings

strats are such repulsive hackery. the only useful reason to put it that close is volume swells and most people with half a brain will just use a volume pedal for that

how long you been neeting

Kahlers arent the worst but a weird issue they had was they would keep in tune if you lowered the pitch but if you lifted the bar and went back to normal it would get slightly out of tune. But it was easily fixed by lowering pitch and going back to normal. This is why almost every slayer solo with whammy work usually ends on a dive. Kerry king is readjusting and getting it back in tune.

Well, the one my brother had ate strings and wouldn't stay in tune if you barely touched it.

>i dont have enough hand dexterity and need to pay money for a pedal to correct my shortcomings

clyp.it/4i3dbxhd
clyp.it/azft44ez
r8 pls

user, there's no pick.

I already don't when playing normally

lol go tell that to holdsworth because he used a volume pedal. moron.

Greentext your guys first homo story

>holdsworth

Why the fuck should i care about him? You go tell him you seem to care

bravo. just bravo

Sopa de macaco/10

not me lol

wut?

This is me

no retard

>be me
>i kissed a girl and i liked it
>so i got my guitar and wrote a song about it
>it went on to become very popular

who here resistance exercises

i.e. pullof/hammeron thrilling for 3 minutes straight with each finger combination

ig you kiss girl make uj girl then you have to must be gurl
please gurl show use your titais mmm sweet sweet pussy nice i want i want

there once was a general called /gg/
one day they were rude to me
I didn't enjoy it
so I flushed the toilet
and now /gg/ is almost deceased!

what is "a general" to begin with

get a better mic

>tfw you'll never play funk like eddie hazel
youtu.be/CcwEEu9yF7w

ded

lol

daily reminder that if you cant play anything with any stiff or flabby pick without edging or slanting it youre not a guitar player

I'm a trans woman who just happens to play guitar. Enjoy my titais and pussy

>daily reminder that if you've never written an entire album while strung out on heroin you're not a real guitar player

T. Pajeet

clyp.it/1vi241fq