St. Vincent sold out and shillfork is helping promote Tiffany (TM) diamonds

St. Vincent sold out and shillfork is helping promote Tiffany (TM) diamonds.

Why is she promoting a product mined in war conflict countries, mined by children in an environmentally unfriendly way? How out of touch is she?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2015/12/24/diamond-sales-losing-their-sparkle.html
cnbc.com/2017/07/25/the-diamond-industry-is-looking-to-millennials.html
mintpressnews.com/nike-faces-charges-of-union-busting-at-indonesia-factory/164790/
industriall-union.org/military-paid-to-intimidate-nike-workers-in-indonesia
oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2012/01/nike_contract_factory_in_indon.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shes in it for the money. literally doesnt even care that the industry propogates slavery and war

And likely the vanity as well. She seems like a vapid and vain person.

Dorito

cnbc.com/2015/12/24/diamond-sales-losing-their-sparkle.html

cnbc.com/2017/07/25/the-diamond-industry-is-looking-to-millennials.html

Because young people buy fewer diamonds, the industry is putting more money into advertising to them

Does St. Vincent know her fanbase?

Who cares u bunch of sad faggots

Id still smash that TIGHT lil pussy

>he unironically thinks fucking Tiffany buys blood diamonds

she's a dyke

t. Tiffany & Co. representative

woke as fuck bro it's true all diamonds come from child labor and african genocide
that's why I also manufacture my own sneakers all sneaker companies are evil capitalist pigs exploring third worlders with their sweatshops

>all sneaker companies are evil capitalist pigs exploring third worlders with their sweatshops
the majority are tbqh

ITT

There's a clear difference between shoes (which are necessary to do most things that involve leaving the house) and diamonds (which are just for show)

i understand this whole "theres no ethical consumption under late capitalism" idea but i feel even if its very miniscule and leaves little impacy its still important to do your part. like there is absolutely no reason you need diamonds. i buy all my clothes second hand. of course its basically impossible to live in global capitalist world and participate int he system without in soem way directly or indirectly being involved in unethical labor exploitation.

nike alone employs over 100 thousand people and they ALWAYS pay way over local minimum wage
of course, liberals hear "nike pays their indonesian workers $4 a day" and think they are the devil incarnate. things like buying power or currency exchange are too complex for some people, I guess

t. hypocritical retard
I'm sure your life is full of superfluous shit

there's nothing unetical about buying a diamond from tiffany
the world is full of civilized diamond mines, just look it up and stop embarassing yourself

>he thinks M-Ls are the only people opposed to diamond mining

tell me, what subclass of retarded do you belong to?

Nike busts unions and intimidates workers who protest poor conditions in Indonesia. They also failed to pay workers for overtime hours

mintpressnews.com/nike-faces-charges-of-union-busting-at-indonesia-factory/164790/

industriall-union.org/military-paid-to-intimidate-nike-workers-in-indonesia

oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2012/01/nike_contract_factory_in_indon.html

Not stroking the dicks of sweatshop owners on an anime imageboard

If Nike really gave a shit about their workers they would be paying their workers a wage that puts them above the poverty line AND introduce ethical working conditions (e.g. reasonable work hours, strict safety regulations, unionization).

But then Nike wouldn't be in Indonesia in the first. Nike isn't performing charity, they're exploiting those people for profit.

This too.

>all those links to super legit syndicalist news websites and an article that says nothing bad at all

oh, so you rather engage in mindless activism from your armchair without realizing that your ideas would actually hurt poor people's living conditions? cool

that's some fantastic understanding of globalized markets, my man. i'm sure your activism makes sense and helps the poor indonesian

>objectively bad shit happens in part of the world
>"well maybe their culture likes objectively bad shit"

jesus christ I hate Sup Forums shills

>anyone that disagrees with my huffpo-tier childlike views on globalization comes from Sup Forums

only radicals care to be honest.
For example prominent liberal icons like beyonce or rihanna bathes in blood diamonds.

>women praise diamonds whyyy
Hmm make you fink

you have Sup Forums beliefs in ultra-right wing "market is always right except when it's very frequently wrong" ideology

>that's some fantastic understanding of globalized markets, my man.
enlighten me, then

>i'm sure your activism makes sense and helps the poor indonesian
Ah, yes. I forgot that having a discussion about something immediately turns you into an "armchair activist" and if you're not constantly and actively fighting to change things that are largely out of your control, then that cause is obviously nonsense. This asinine response gets more retarded the more I see it.

Liberals are capitalists, so what's your point?

i literally never said any of that
retarded OP assumes every single diamond comes from slave work. other retards think a company going offshore and employing a fucking hundred thousand people on a previous shithole like indonesia is actually comic cartoon tier villainesque action
bask in the glory of your Sup Forums boogeyman, though

Nike gives the indonesian objectively superior working conditions than the vast majority of other industries in their country. This is verified both by Indonesian accounts and international ones. Teenager "rebels" see it as the impervious manifestation of the oh so evil late capitalism and think a company should work against their own advantages and pay their workers astronomical wages compared to their countries median wages

A few decades ago, China was mostly a rural shithole living under extreme poverty. Opening up to global markets literally saved that country. Chinese middle class right now is the fastest growing, most affluent in the world. You can see the same thing happening in the Asian tigers right now. The same thing happened with South Korea and Japan. Global capitalism = wealth

Companies like Nike help ensure that regulations are lax to keep their business. It's fitting that you'd defend Nike's right to work for "their own advantages" (i.e. maximizing profits) over basic and fundamental human rights. It says everything I need to know about you, but uh, I guess I'm just a teenage "rebel" here.