Recent patrician horror movies. Do they exist?

Recent patrician horror movies. Do they exist?

Picture related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oauZFrzYVZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DUDE LETS RIP OFF OTHER MOVIES SO OURS BECOMES ART TOO

definitely the best horror movie and maybe the best alien movie. But literally all horror movies suck so that doesnt mean much

ok

Don't Breathe
It Follows
Gone Girl

dudde 2001 space oddessey lmao

Anybody can recomend me good comedy with zombie?

xD y u so funny m9

Under the Skin

no
kinda
not really horror

the vvitch
conjuring 1&2 are alright

forgot the borderlands

youtube.com/watch?v=oauZFrzYVZU

>literally pretentious the flick

but are they patrician?

nice buzzword m9

please describe how its pretentious and prove to me its not because youre a pleb

and under the skin is horror?

it's not a slasher and it has no jumpscares but creates an eerie atmosphere, hence it is pretentious by definition

Was great for music, visuals and mood but the only part of the film that was true horror was on the beach.

define horror

Don't Breathe. Literally the best film of the year so far.

OP said it was

So you are claiming that anything that isnt lowest common denominator is pretentious? Confirmed b8/10

Its so hard to find people who like this film, deffo one of the best of the 10s.

thats not what pretentious means.
it uses pacing, dark color palette, lack of dialogue and abstract visuals to make the viewer uneasy throughout. The ending is more stereotypical horror film with the creepy setting/situation and action scene - its interesting though in that the creature that would usually be the antagonist in a horror film becomes the protagonist and victim of the murdering rapist alone in the woods.

I was being ironic, trying to ridicule the guy who called the movie pretentious.

i just assumed you were him, its anonymous after all

>complaining about buzzwords in a thread that asks for patrician movies

awwwwwwwwwww yu got me m666

it's been a while since I've seen it but
>dood vague scenes strung together
>muh meta4s
>lazy in how it refuses to explain anything; probably no meaning but they made it so that people place meaning unto it so they feel like they 'get it'

>dood vague scenes strung together
they're not vague at all, unless you're fucking dense of course
>muh meta4s
What do you mean, meta's? Any level beyond basic storyline is too complex for you?
>lazy in how it refuses to explain anything; probably no meaning but they made it so that people place meaning unto it so they feel like they 'get it'
Everything needs to be spelled out for you? Did you find it so difficult to get something out of the movie?

Have you seen Mission Impossible 2? I think you might like it, user!

not capeshit = pretentious

Did you not actually watch the movie or what? They are vague but it becomes obvious pretty immediately that you're watching an alien experience life as a human. Thats the literal plot of the movie, if you want an artsy fartsy explanation im sure theres plenty of ways to interpret that information.

witches?

magic mushrooms

it follows its pretty good but it gets kinda ruined with the "ugh they just abuse nostalgia omg" boys and the monster being just a invisible dude.

The Neon Demon

Under the Skin was my favorite horror film until I saw this

>good comedy
>zombie
pick one
OP doenst know shit but the scenes where people die and the skin just floats around are pretty scary

the ending sucked btw

people have fallen for the cinematography meme too hard. this movie has no substance and nothing to make you give a shit about anyone.

this movie's meant to be chopped into bits and collaged then put as a projection behind some shitty dj at contemporary art museum

tell me what older movies Under the Skin rips off.

I'll wait.

Not my cup of tea.
*Sips urine*

>this movie has no substance and nothing to make you give a shit about anyone.

It's like your trying to win the pleb bingo card. What the fuck does "substance" even mean? Why should the viewer care about the characters in an emotional sense? Shouldn't they be observing them instead?

its literally just a reimagining of alien and horror films. if you dont feel kind of bad for the alien at the end then im not sure you get the movie

in what remote way is it anything like that?

just having colors and aliens and stuff isn't enough to compare

The Lives of Others did "monster grows a conscience" much better.

The majority of the shots in the intro are literally just lifted from 2001

Too many ways to nane

lol no they aren't

and the movie as an experience doesn't go into the same types of places 2001 goes. it's just a completely different story in a different place with a different subject. the fact that it and 2001 are both really aesthetic is not enough to reduce them to each other.

yeah i really really like the lives of others too. i wouldn't say under the skin is "monster grows a conscience" in the same way though. i see it more like a Pocahontas John Smith "sent to destroy but falls in love with it instead" theme

Well maybe growing a conscience is too much but "exploring her humanity" might be a better phrase.

Miles Davis, Coltrane, I could go on...

>What the fuck does "substance" even mean?
>Why should the viewer care about the characters in an emotional sense?

These seem like contradictory statements. If you disregard substance (I take that to mean political or social meaning) that should mean you value the emotional experience more. But the next sentence goes against that

i also see the alien as childlike which kind of puts a different feeling to it. I could talk about under the skin for a while, so forgive me so droning on

Your problem is that you might get only a handful of replies for a genuine good film.

Sup Forums is Sup Forums

>If you disregard substance (I take that to mean political or social meaning)

Any potential credibility lost.

I value the emotional experience, just not in the sense of "I care about these characters because I relate to them". More in the sense of "this imagery and sound is making me feel things".

You could just clarify what you meant

that was not the person who made the post

I get it, I guess the wording got me.

I agree with you, but I also felt very deeply for the character. I think if you do the latter right, any character can be cared about

in the sense of "this imagery and sound is making me feel things"
Good. that's the way it's supposed to be

Isn't it more correct to call this a thriller

Define horror, define thriller, define the difference.

Horror is horror. Thriller has both fear and excitement. They are quite easily defined words.

Yes, and a shitty one at that. Totally fucked up the source material for some masturbatory bullshit.

>muh source material
Completely irrelevant

Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland