I graduated from college six years ago with a B.A. in Political Science. What should I do with my life?

I graduated from college six years ago with a B.A. in Political Science. What should I do with my life?

Well you're about 28 now, what have you been up to since graduating?

>political "science"
Kill yourself.

you need friends with a degree like that

my cousin majored in it and hes doing alright with it now, but hes not working in whatever field ur supposed to with that polisci degreee

What subfield? Security's back in vogue, as is International Relations in general. If you picked your PoliSci classes like you were going into pre-Law, kill yourself and try again.

Head over to McDonald's, they're usually hiring this time of year.

my ex has a polisci degree
she's a substitute second grade teacher

also a dumb cunt

Email jeb and ask to intern? He seems like a nice guy.

Did anybody tell you Political Science is literally Social Science renamed because no one was taking them seriously?
Did you bother at all to look into what the fuck it was you were studying?

This. I worked as a guac merchant for 6 months, and now I'm on fast track to being a Mexican diplomat.

Become an immigration officer.
Question shitskins all day.

I became a paralegal for seven years. Currently doing warehouse work that pays more. Have gotten very fit. Thinking of becoming a firefighter. Many cities are hiring with the boomers retiring.

underrated bantz

a parade of shitty temporary and part-time jobs. I'm currently substitute teaching

Finished in 2014, selling cellphones now. Im going into law, fuck this shit.

>subfield

General Political Science. My dental hygienist gave me the same warning back in the day

I switched from an even more bull-shitty major half way through back when I was a heavy marijuana smoker because I thought it would improve my chances at a job

I actually went back to school and got a paralegal certificate, but I haven't found a paralegal job and honestly the work sounds awful and would be just about the worst job for me I think with the amount of organizational skills required.

I should probably just become a warehouse worker.

I will never do sales.

a lot of money in telecommunications desu. Wish id done business or finance or soem shit

it really is
I could debate circles around my ex just from being a Sup Forumstard for years and /n/ before that
she had absolutely zero understanding of global or national politics, economics at a basic level, history, etc. I would be surprised if she could find Denmark on a map. I was astounded at her complete lack of well, political knowledge, for a person with a political science degree.
I honestly have no idea what she spent all that time learning but it had nothing to do with politics. I got a better education than her for free just by shitposting.

on the topic of "science",
alright I can accept calling computer science a science. They apply the scientific method maybe somewhere and they do a lot of math(academic-wise).
But fucking christ stop it already, stop calling your liberal criclejerk sessions "science".

Go back and retake your degree. If you're going to pick Political Science again, pick IR. If your college doesn't offer an IR major, transfer to one which does.

end it

Political Science isn't about current event politics. The good stuff is about how political institutions function (or don't,) and how leaders are pressured in various ways to make choices which may not be optimal but are politically viable.

>alright I can accept calling computer science a science. They apply the scientific method maybe somewhere and they do a lot of math(academic-wise).

Some subfields of Political Science use the scientific method and they pull and analyze shitload of statistics, but the discipline is very heavily polluted with people who want to push an agenda. There are some serious gems in this field if you know where to look, though.

>>Political Science isn't about current event politics. The good stuff is about how political institutions function (or don't,) and how leaders are pressured in various ways to make choices which may not be optimal but are politically viable.

good way to word 'useless in the real world'

>I can't figure out why it'd be good to have a framework for looking at the actions of leaders

C'mon Sup Forumsack, you're better than this. You even have a framework through which you analyze behavior, even though it's mostly "find kikes and post >berg"

I got the certificate in the hopes that I would land a good job as opposed to the part time and dead end legal assistant job I had. Then the recession happened, several large firms closed shop in the city and hiring froze. So I made the mistake of staying in that dead end job.

I've gotten two raises in the span of a year at my warehouse job and I'm making about $38k/year. Up from $29k/yr.

yeah I'm sure that brings in the big bucks

Move to NH and get involved with the free state project. I hear they love political sci guys over there

>C'mon Sup Forumsack, you're better than this. You even have a framework through which you analyze behavior, even though it's mostly "find kikes and post >berg"

You really don't need a full degree dedicated to that though. Sup Forums teaches you to do that after shitposting for a year or two (and no it's not just "find Jew, post >berg").

It's useless without historical and modern context.

I don't even have a B.A. in Political Science yet and I just landed a job at my state House of Reps. Though I was lucky to be at a University that has great connections with the state capital. To be honest if you're going into Pol Sci for teaching that's going to be the hardest job to get with said degree. Finding jobs related to your actual field like taking up part-time jobs at your local city council or political organizations throughout your state is a good first step, then once you have a year or so of experience working your way up the ladder shouldn't be too difficult if you're competent enough.
tl;dr
Stop fucking around and get a real job that has meaning with your degree. Teaching is a lost cause in most states desu unless you're willing to make shit money and teach liberal pricks about how the world really works.

>6 year old B.A. in polisci
>What should I do with my life?

End it.

Oh god no, Political Science is a shit-tier money discipline, even if you're at the top of your game. On the other hand, you get to spend your time getting paid to do what Sup Forums does for free.

See above, with the addition that PoliSci integrates a lot of things into it. At bare minimum, you need to know enough history to contextualize behavior, you need to know enough economics to understand financial structures and the effects of trade on an economy, you need enough statistics to parse through all the quantitative data and come up with useful information.

Same here brother. Except im a $16/hr fry cook.

Insurances. That's where most of the student go after Political science in Switzerland. It's where you make a shit ton of money too.

I chuckled.

Correct. You have some nice management classes in Political science. Did it and my first job was to be in charge of the evaluation of a 30 millions policy.

So,
What did you learn?

Thanks for the backup, friendly Medkit.

Vote Trump

Throw it away.
It's clearly shit anyway.

best china bringing the bantz

law school

>Political science
Shiggy
End it. Non-meme answer- teach a class.

>political science major
>what should I do with my life?

Become a sjw becaus that's politics nowadays.

What jobs are open to people with IR certificates and where do you apply for them?

Start over. You fucked up your min maxing.

Anytime, ameribro.

I would like to add a subfield that I didn't focused on but seems very promising in the future if you are interested in advertising : political behavioural studies.

Basically, they work with neurosurgeons and other people whose work is related with the human brain and look at how to create the best adds for a candidate and the best attacks against an another. They have people watch some adds and they study witch part of the brain is triggered. It's about how to create some specific feelings regardless of the previous opinion of the person. It's how to play with the subconscious of the people and push them to feel a certain way. Also, it helps you to avoid legal issues by creating a feeling instead of directly saying something. They also look how to create lasting opinions (based on not that much) that would be very hard to overcome.

While it may be too early to focus on this subfield in order to find a job, I have to admit that it's very interesting and totally deserves to be called science.

>BA in Political science
>$45k yr/ being an HR assistant

Go get your MBA and join the corporate world fucktard

I have a phd in poli sci, work as a researcher for a lobbyist, decent pay and I like it.

burn in hell for being a slave to the jewish machine.

>, you need to know enough economics to understand financial structures and the effects of trade on an economy, you need enough statistics to parse through all the quantitative data and come up with useful information.

Yeah, my degree did not provide that at all. No econ or stat really. There was a class on research, but no quanitative/qualitative analysis.

That job would be awesome. Your life would become a dark comedy

>BA in Biology- Medical Technology
>jobs everywhere
>50-70k

How did I do Sup Forums?

nothing really. but i'm good at readying at writing from k-12

obviously not that great at life if you're posting here

suicide is always an option

>implging Sup Forums isn't the best place to get news

Move to Denmark and join the Danish Peoples Party - you're guarranteed a career with shit loads of money for as long as it takes for the migrant crisis to blow over.

Always with this retard meme. Why don't you leave if you don't like it here?

I don't know how the fuck you got through it. Tried a few classes and they were all filled with pretentious little liberal faggots who always tried to sound smart and gave wrong answers every time. My Marx and Marxist Theory professor would say every class multiple times "Yeah but what does that mean." I dropped that shit and never looked back.

End it.
My friend wasted 4 years of his life on a Political Science degree and he's working at a Pizza Hut.
>I dropped out of college and I'm a manager at a recycling plant at $45k/yr

Go to law school and take the bar.

Become a "worker" goon for a local political party

In my state you can apprentice under an attorney or judge and be eligible to take the bar/baby bar. Save 120k and a couple years.