If you could travel back in time to any period what would it be?

If you could travel back in time to any period what would it be?

>It's permanent so no going back to the present
>You'll be given roughly $100,000 worth of cash or gold depending on your time period on arrival
>ID will be given to you on arrival if needed
>You can change events however you want with whatever knowledge you have
>Cannot take any belongings with you
>You can kill your grampa or fuck your own mother if you wish. No paradoxes here

> 100k
>invest in bitcoin
its that easy

back to age 11

none.

I live in a first world nation with nationalised healthcare, and I also study history.

there is no period in he past that I would go back to in preference to being here now. medieval, renaissance pre world warII, all that? no antibiotics, no decent healthcare. Hell no. Visit? would love to. one way? no chance.

The only time period I can conceive going back to would be the start of the 1980's. Still have the technology for decent medicine etc, the money would set me up nicely, and my skillset and knowledge of the next 25 years would be profitable.
good music, too.

anything other than that, I'd rather decline to go.

>Take note of lottery numbers 3 months ago
>become lawyer before I go back

>timewarp.jpeg to 2 years back

>get close to an individual in the lottery system
>successfully predict 3 months of lottery numbers
>tell everyone its rigged and the person I got to know was trying to cut me a deal by telling me how to get the numbers
>am lawyer now so help everyone who ever played lottery sue them
>big dollar payout
>retire at 26

that's idiotic, at least extend your life

I'd go to an earlier age of myself if possible

August 2016.
Kill my other self, get all my stuff back, resume normal life, make $100,000 worth of bets that Donald Trump will win the election.

Why would anyone want to go into the past when you can just cash in on the $100,000 and keep the modern standard of living?

50s-90s
Bringing a list of companies and currencies to invest in and at what times, just bring a computer and backups.
>become the richest man on the planet.

My knowledge of the history of the stock market and culture would probably benefit me the most if I went back to the early 1950s.

what? why do all that other overly-complicated lawyer bullshit? isn't winning the lottery enough???

not to mention the grim meat-hook realities of running into the wrong person after you trigger them

It is not enough simply to succeed.

Others must fail.

Although $100,000 wouldn't be enough for all the blow I'd do.

so litigate every waking hour of the rest of your life

what a fun time

i woud travel to the period your mom got prego with you and convince her to have an abortion

Go back a few days to the last powerball drawing. Win powerball.

>seek a place today where there is still permafrost or glaciers
>return to roman empire
>the little knowlege of science and hstory i have should be more than enough to help the romans to conquer the world
>with a unified world and the absence of the dark ages the world will very fast become a modern/better place
>write down the exact place and my story where people from the future can find me in the ice to revive me if the technology is available

the only risk is that the new empire that is forged will even more fuck up than we did

I'd go back to 12/31/2012...

>Go back to 1955
>Set up a Record Label
>With my knowledge find upcoming bands and artists before they get big
>Have the centuries best musicians under my company
>profit
>higher some puppet to do the work for me
>have everything under contract so can't be fucked by anybody else
>spend the 60s and 70s enjoying the rich life
>marry & impregnate a girl like pic related
>maybe also write some bullshit (but true) theory books on the present
>present day people will think im some sort of mystic fortune teller who is a genius of the music industry
>die filthy rich

Just after the unification of egypt. give them steam power
????
profit

Nah man, go back to like 99 and invest in Google when it pops up, make millions, live in current year in luxury.

Plus I could get in to the government contracting business on the ground floor.
>step 1 go to South Africa and become master mechanic on RG mine clearing vehicles
>Step 2 become government contracted mechanic, probably supervisor, make 200k/yr and work 6 months out of the year
>Step 3 enjoy my Google profits and retire
Too easy man.

pleb. you wouldnt even go back 1 year and just use the money?

1939 go to mein fuhrer and warn him about D-day warn him about the bismarck and maybe hold off on Russia until Britain is captured then watch the world become a beautiful place full of blond handsome white men

>Go back to 9th September 1966
>Mind & kill baby Adam Sandler

go back 2012 years and spend 100k on bitcoin...

FF to today and sell

>go back to 5 B.C
>join roman army
>stop jesus from ever being crucified
>make jesus go "missing"
>kill his disciples
>stop Christianity
>thus stopping islam

Apple stocks from back in the day

I was assuming at least having to go back to a period I wasnt living and working in.
(though I was a kid in the 80's)

going back within your own adult lifetime sort of feels like a cop-out.

They had bitcoin two-thousand years ago?