It is shown in schools god damn it!

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=3WpGhk8ifK4

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AnonBabble

ITT mediocre films tv thinks are masterpiecez

>tfw your genetically inferior brother never saves anything for the swim back

some of it might be cheesy and too on-the-nose sci-fi but goddamn that ending hits me hard no matter how many times i watch it

people are stupid. if there isn't alot of sex, loud music, explosions, or fighting they don't get it.

Why do you think it's mediocre user? I'm not saying it's a masterpiece but if you could elaborate on this point maybe I can understand why it is you feel the way you do

It didn't flop at all. It's an underrated masterpiece.

he just has a case of shit taste.

Found the pleb

yfw the title is a DNA sequence

Hey now, I actually want to know why he thinks it's mediocre, it doesn't mean he has shit taste

you first

this movie IS a masterpiece.

It's pretty retarded liberalist garbage

>Hurr i'm genetically a useless retard but it's my right to be an astronaut!

The guy decides to work his ass off to achieve his goals despite society telling him he can't.
How is that not conservative?

It's one of my favourite movies, I don't care how many people liked it.

Gattaca > Interestellar

?
Are you joking? He is committing blatant fucking fraud by pretending someone elses DNA is his. This is 100% a liberal story, where crime is legitimate if the evil racist bigots are discriminating against you.

So what happens after the story ends huh? He dies suddenly in space of an undiagnosed problem and jeopardises some billion dollar mission?

he's actually an individualist proving the monolithic government wrong, so it is pretty libertarian minded

You're over-analyzing it, pal. It's not a commentary on whether or not it's ethical to commit genetic fraud, it's about using sheer willpower and perseverance to achieve a goal despite having all odds stacked against you.

Quit taking everything so literally and you'll enjoy movies more.

>proving the monolithic government wrong

but he isn't, and theres nothing in the story to suggest otherwise

This is just affirmative action bullshit, disguised as something a little more palatable.

Don't try to reason with him, he's not going to change his mind. What did Twain once say? Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

He doesn't think it's mediocre. He didn't even see the movie.
Jesus is this your first day on Sup Forums?

>This is just affirmative action bullshit

I'm not sure I understand the rationale of this. His position was procured purely on the basis of his ingenuity and hard work, despite being disadvantaged by pre-existing conditions. That's the entire fucking point.

affirmative action is getting something because of your ethnicity. ethan hawke worked harder than the rest and was therefore successful

DAB!!!!!!!

If anything, it's the opposite of affirmative action.

lmao i love how all of you proved this guy
completely correct

savage xD

Two vastly different movies lad.

It's a 6.5/10. Nothing spectacular in the story department, acting department, cinematography, etc… Just because it's based on a book doesn't make it fucking awesome. It's one of those movies you watch once or twice and then forget about it.

>tfw you trick the normies into letting your genetically inferior ass onto the spaceship
>you have a heart attack and crash it into the side of the moon

It's not a masterpiece, but it's still a good movie.

>Eugenics is bad maymay

Sup Forums

I remember watching it in high-school. I remember people not enjoying it, but I can't remember a thing about the film itself.

>but I can't remember a thing about the film itself.

Time for a rewartch I guess

heard about it, watched it, enjoyed it. worth taking the time to see but not amazing, 7/10

better than any capeshit ever, except toby macguire spiderman

What is this obsession to cap a post off with "BETTER THAN CAPESHIT!"

No one fucking asked you to compare them you dumb bitch, can you not express an opinion without some safety net of "AT LEAST I DON'T LIKE CAPESHIT, RIGHT COMRADES!?"

Fucking cowardly cunt.

for you

>god damn it!
why did you unironically reddit up your thread?

Whether or not people are baiting I like to ask why they didn't like something. I usually don't get responses, like this time

Departure is a great track.