Former COO of a decently successful startup...

Former COO of a decently successful startup. Was let go along with almost everyone for bullshit reasons that don't really matter. Company still exists but has gone to shit. They don't know I have a backdoor into the files if I want. Years worth of personal work and data that I compiled. I want them back. This company betrayed me. I doubt they'd notice anything out of the ordinary. They'd still have everything, I'd just make a copy for myself. Steps to make sure I'm not found out? Use different computer on a proxy from a distant location? At a time when no tech people are likely monitoring? There are only 5 of them, and they aren't always on. Any other advice on how to do this with a clean getaway?

Are you looking for an expensive route or a hard one? Either way, it is gonna cost, but it seems it is worth your struggles.

Also, what is the company fren?

Just looking into any possible options right now. What do you suggest?

KEK I ain't about to say a name. But it's Auto related.

Tor, best option, or better yet, do it from someone else's computer or a library. What were you planning friend?

Then I don't think that there will be a large cyber security team coming after you.

Tech team is like 7 people. They aren't always on. I doubt they have systems in place that flag if there is a unrecognized user in the network. But I'm about precaution. If there are flags raised, I want them pointing away from me.

About 3 of the tech people are really good. Top notch. Former google coders.

Then take files that are not yours as well, take files from all over to point the blame away from you. For un-traceability, use tor or a different computer that has never been used on your regular IP.

How about all 3? Plus changing my look for the cameras. All out.

I would really recommend going to a local library and using a computer there, or some place that lets you use computers.

Well... I suppose using a randomizer on their time clock system could cause problems... Makes all the employees cranky because they don't know what to expect for the next paycheck and starts a headhunt by hr for whoever is messing with the time clock. This results in some employees who are innocent getting fired, becoming disgruntled and having yet another reason to torch the place. Then all you need to do is provide them with the match.

If you don't have tape over your camera and wear a tinfoil hat already, you a re Scrooged.

Was thinking this exact thing. Take from multiple departments, and make it look as random as possible. Won't even take all my own stuff, just the stuff I need.

or change every text available to a different language.

OP if you were actually smart enough to do what you said you would also have the answer to this question you fucking liar

How about spanish? It will make the trumptards who work in the place angry, will make the mexicans able to read and learn what they are really being paid, and they can't change it back because it would be racist.

Try a nonspoken language, binary, hexadecimal, "Mind fuck" works great

use an off shore VPN

I'm pretty tin foil. And I'm a go on the tape. Even doing this from another computer out in my car using a cafe wifi.

Tor is not an option for what op wants faggot.

Unfortunately, I just want my stuff. The people who are still there are good people aside from those who forced me out. Not aiming to hurt anyone or get anyone fired.

This. Plus DO NOT OPEN ANY FILES. Just copy.

This is amateur hour

OP can use tor to look up shit as he goes fuck tard, or were you just gonna use betternet from the chrome store?

One of the easiest and cheapest options, minus the gas money if you live far from the library

This is not something I had considered though I wouldn't see why I'd open them. Elaborate on why would that be a bad move?

Because the last accessed time will be written to the file

Aside from my using another computer, do you have any advice? Not being a dick in saying this, I'm seriously asking...if you're not amateur please tell me how you'd go about it.

If they were that good why are they no longer with google

how are you going to get into their network? Is there an ip that you can surf to? are you going to telnet in?

This user is a coder and senior system admin. We have a meraki secured network

Fuck. Very good point. This is why I came on here. I was sure there was stuff I had missed.

I wanted to be selective and random to save download time....want to be in and out. But they also have a root folder that branches into everything. Instead of opening the folder and selecting random things perhaps I could just take it all. But I'm not sure how long that would take. If I open that root folder though, you're right, it will leave a time and date. Any other ideas?

not a good idea to take it all - would be huge download - take hours.

What kind of server?? Windows, linux, solaris?
Where is it hosted? In house? AWS? Google?

Being able to code doesn't mean they know anything about security. Most IT techs won't look for anything unless someone is yelling.

KEK that's what I always thought in the back of my mind. But they sit there all day with their screens just code. We say "files aren't saving to the network, what's wrong." and they scroll through code like the fucking matrix and see something I don't..."ah, there it is. It was saving to one of our servers but not to our two backup servers that cross-save to account for potential server failure."

This is true. So dont fuck with anything to make a mess. just take what is yours. Plausible deniability (It is MINE)

Three servers that cross save and backup each other. One is google.

So do you know the network structure?

True. But supposing they are monitoring, how do I make sure they see something that doesn't trace to me?

they are not going to be watching activity. They might have honeypots, probably trip wires. thats why you just take YOUR stuff. They wont trip wire user files. just system files

No. Only spent a little time with the tech people. I'm not a tech person...know very little about it to be honest. But supposing I have a way in, why would I need to know network structure? At that point I just hit download. The trick is not having it traced to me. Not sure how it would be, but that's why I'm asking.

as a system admin though I suspect that you cannot get into the computer. If you dont know how to telnet (or ssh) into a server on that network, then you probably have been locked out of your user account.

so have you ever login to you account from home?

Good point. Which is why I want to select my stuff plus a few others, rather than system files. I can't do system because of what you're saying, but if I open folders they will be marked as opened on a date and time as another user said. But if I can't avoid that, so be it.

>I have a backdoor
What kind of backdoor do you have? Because unless you wrote or planted it yourself, you may have fucked up

Also, is it a windows or Linux box?

If I can't, I can't and that will be that. But I am confident I can and will. It's just what happens after, making sure nothing is left looking out of place, nobody the wiser.

so then use an off shore vpn. vpntunnel.com is reasonably priced and is in sweden. They do not keep logs. You can make your ip address be from one of many countries. (Russia comes to mind for what you are doing)

let me send you a code so I get some free time!

Don't copy any garbage files. I know it just holds misc. data but still. Doing so would implicate you, and really tick off the plague.

Never actually. I basically lived at work.

All my kek.

Yeah, OP should just go for a swim instead

do they have wifi that you have password for?

Here's the million dollar question. Is what you want something that would cause the company to contact the police/FBI? If not, don't be too concerned. If yes, then I'll post more.

So you're saying don't go through with it in general?

Let's suppose I've been sitting a while. Enough where they've forgotten me. Let's suppose I'm well off without them. Let's suppose I know for a fact the backdoor is still open. How could I possibly be implicated?

IMO, steal a laptop then access the files from a publicly available wi-fi (probably not starbucks), preferably one without a camera. Use MAC spoofing on the laptop and when you're done, copy the files to some portable media (USB drive etc).
Get rid of the laptop (actually dispose, don't sell it to a friend), run through the files on a PC that's NOT connected to the web and give the files a malware scan (you can never be too careful). Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur

Nothing to the point where agencies would be involved. Just my own research, data, and files. I doubt the company even uses or looks at them anymore. But I do think if they found out they'd be really pissed and might go as far as to hire someone to track me. But no, this is not high level corporate espionage at a big company. This is me going into a small but profitable company and hoping not to be noticed.

Yeah then the risk is low. You havent made a stink, left on reasonably good terms. They arent going to look for you.

Now this backdoor is intriguing.

You dont strike me as someone who has a real back door. Care to elaborate?

but anyway, it sounds like you are going to have to use a computer on their network. actually hacking in would require more skill than you have.

True, I'm no tech person or hacker. But I'd prefer not to elaborate. And maybe you're right, but I have to try.

so how do you think that you will gain access?
what were your thoughts?

That's for the most part the plan at the moment. Only thing is I need a public wifi that isn't slow as fuck. So even if I find a decent one, it will have to be at a time of minimal traffic.

So they have a URL that you used in the office to login?

Fucking amateur hour. You were the COO and you had no idea you were about to get shit canned so you made no backups of your own shit? Just log in big dick swingin style and take the shit you want. You are gonna fuck the whole thing up and set off lots of alarms trying to go in retard level cloak and dagger style and get your dumb ass caught.

If I haven't already made it abundantly clear, I'm trying to be super careful to the point of paranoia. I don't want my method out there, just ways to avoid notice once I'm in.

In your daily computer routine, I assume you turned on your laptop, signed in, and started using windows. Amiright?

I fucking built that company. Was there from the start, a founder. I handled and answered to our investors. Even they though removing me was a shit move. There was nothing they could do to transfer ownership, but they cut investment. So no, I didn't fucking see it coming. I as well as twenty employees just gone on the same day...leaving the company with only 4 people. Nobody saw it coming. So yeah, thanks you're right I should have backed shit up on principal and it's a mistake i won't repeat, but there was no indications of anything like that happening, especially when we were are record high profits due to my operations overhauls.

My work desktop, signed in, windows. Company internet ethernet, not wifi.

I don't believe you have a backdoor. Without knowing what kinda backdoor we're talking, it's hard to help you. Jesus

join anonymous, and go into incognito mode

unless your backdoor is accessible from the internet, you are not getting in

Yeah, and does he have dropped ssh keys? Is he cronjobbed in, reverse shell? Is this a noisy backdoor? Dead he leave an open samba share? What? I know he didn't write a rootkit or any good malware, so if he installed a skiddy eat or something, his "backdoor" is probably backdoored

Thanks all for any and all advice. Will post if I'm successful in the future.

Good luck OP

Nigga you cant computer. You goin to jail