Imagine listening to this album in like 2001 when it wasn't a meme yet

imagine listening to this album in like 2001 when it wasn't a meme yet.
true patrician experience

I listened to this when it came out and i went to an NMH show in 99

How about listening to it in 1998 when it came out?
>ywn be subscribed to merge records' mailing list in the late 90s

You'd probably listen to it through once, and then only listen to 3-4 tracks; meming
>I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

Imagine creating it

In what year it became a meme?

>tfw you just wanted to make music about fucking anne frank
>fucbois all over the world love it

i dont think anyone did

Unironically a masterpiece

I listened to it in 1998, it was pretty big in indie circles soon after it came out.

I ironically unironically agree

Interestingly, in the 33 1/3 book on it, there's a section that talks about how people in indie circles loved the heavier, moodier feel of On Avery Island so much that they actually didn't like ITAOTS very much when it came out, and if I recall correctly, most of the band mates didn't like it much either

I remember when I first heard that album.
The year was 1777. It was exactly a year after we gained our independence from the brits. I was at a local pub and it was just me, the bartender, and a few other people who I didn't know. Out of nowhere I hear a lone acoustic guitar and high pitched vocals singing "When you were young you were the king of carrot flowers". I looked back to see a band behind me, I guess I didn't notice them setting up. I thought it was really gay so i turned back to my rum and not more than 2 minutes later I hear the lead singer shouting at the top of his lungs "IIIIIIIII LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE YOOOUUUU JEEEEEESSSSUUUSSSSSS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST" "Good for you pal" i muttered. Then this fucker has the audacity to shout louder than he had previously "JEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS CHRIST I LOOOOOOVE YOU YEEEEEES I DOOOOO" i retorted "Will you shut up?". The lead singer looked me dead in the eyes and I swear to god with all his might he thrust his arm down as hard as he possibly could on the guitar strings and shouted "IIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUU JJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS CCHHHHHHHHRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT" at this point everyone in the bar was looking at the band and a few people had come in to see what all the ruckus was but this guy still had his stare locked on me as for the second time he shouted "JEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSUSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHHRRRIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTT I LLLLLOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEE YOU YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS II DDDDDDDDOOOOOOOO" after which the music became faster and he started singing about dead dogs. It felt like the walls were closing in on me, it felt like the music was inside me and bouncing around really fast. Also did I mention that this guy didn't blink once? No shit. They played 9 more songs and by the end I was in a fetal position, bawling. It was so beautiful. I didn't even know what most of this stuff was about but I loved it and still do.

I imagine it being as boring as listening to it in 2017.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5758-in-the-aeroplane-over-the-sea/

didn't read

2006. Sup Forums was created.

overated fart sniff music. fartsniff/10 would fart sniff again

nobody actually loves it. not even fuccbois. it's a mediocre album that became a meme, that's it.

does anyone have recommendations for those who like this album

I can, I did listen to it in 2001, I was 6.

Imagine this in 69

Its a great album man

How can an album be a meme

MY MOUTH IS FILLED WITH HIS OVARIES

I did listen to it when it came out. I was in college at the time. I wasn't that impressed, and neither were any of my friends, many of whom were involved with our college's radio station.

The most popular albums that were released around that time were Tortoise's TNT, Air's Moon Safari, and some Elliot Smith album.

YOU FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK LIKE A...

It was a meme by 2005 for sure, but not to the extent that it is now. By 2012 it was over.

keek

i don't even remember listening to this for the first time
i almost feel like it was always there