Rate my setup pls

Rate my setup pls

ill bite wtf are the fans for

I'm assuming to keep wrists cool?

To keep the laptop cooler

lol those fans arent doing much. you're better off using a heatsink from some old electronics and ice with fans.

There's no air flowing through them.

Are u fucking stupid, it's literally not cooling at all.

It is though

They might well work better if you put the fans in some sort of stand so they point at the bottom. Also if you've not cleaned the inside of the laptop in a while, do that. Odds are you won't need them anymore.

It's too keep it extra cool

For what purpose then? Is it thermal throttling? Do you burn your wrists when using it?

it also keeps my knees cool

Yeah that's why the fans on most vehicles are located on top of the cab instead of on the radiator. It helps to logic.

the air that the fan is moving around,
needs to be actually ventilating the laptop and its components.
unless those fans are air conditioners,
they're not cooling shit.

10/10 took the bait

this isn't bait

It's not I swear :(

:'(

They help to make the laptop 20% lighter

Now let's be fair here. There could be components or a spinning drive in that area which transfer some of their heat to the case, and having a fan blowing on it would help take that heat off the system a little faster.

The real thing here is that on a normal, well maintained laptop none of this should be needed or even be a noticable difference.

Of course you can never get it to be below room temperature with ambient air cooling so the closer to room temperature it already is the less the cooling effect will be.

Lastly, the components that are likely to be in that area are genenrally not ones that do thermal throtteling anyway, so at least as far as performance goes, it seems to be entirely pointless.

Kek

Air is not flowing. This is insanely stupid. You'll get at most 1 or 2 degrees of relief. Use open hardware monitor and compare with and without if you need any more proof.

what if the laptop shell is porous?

The negative effect on thermal contuctivity of the material would vastly outstrip any benefit in airflow, which, if any, is proabaly pretty close to immesurable.

Holy shit your laptop is a Drone!

how do you know if you havent tried it? in 12 months all laptops might have external fans due to OP's discovery

I personally have tried it with a few laptops and the best method I found was using old heatsinks under the laptop and a couple ice packs under that, then blow air through the heatsinks. Took almost 20 degrees Celsius off while gaming.

nice

Because basic material science and the laws of physics exist.

what if the eclipse changes the laws of physics?

Then wether or not your laptop is slightly cooler would be the least of your concerns.

cooling of laptop is always of concern, my friend

Even then, if by some magic it becomes more useful during the eclipse, it's still no more useful right now.

put fans underneath?

then it might float upwards when your hands are not keeping it down

tie computer down or make an anchor

good thinking

But on the upside, the few moments that life might still survive your laptop may be slightly better cooled.

On the downside, such drastic changes to the laws of physics would more then likely prevent your laptop from working entirely.

>Acer
That's -15 points already, jesus christ OP.

>fans ventilating nothing
You're unfamiliar with how air circulation works on a computer, so that's another -10 points for lack of basic logic.

>lego bits holding computer fans
Ingenious. You get +5 points for that.

Overall, it looks like you've got a cumulative score of -20/100 for the setup. Best of luck next time, OP.

That's no lego

Also, your now probably dead laptop will probably be screamingly radioactive as many now common molecules become unstable.

On the upside, your now probably dead, probably screamingly radioactive laptop might kill you pretty quick, sparing you the much slower death of the earth being catapulted out of its orbit, either into the sun or into deep space, depending on which way gravity swings.

On the downside, we'll all be dead.

But on the upside, we won't have do deal with OP's nonesense anymore.

On the neutral side, the chances of anyone in this thread getting laid stay about the same.