Bane?

Bane?

GET EM ON BOARD I'LL CALL IT IN

UNATCO?

Doctor Bison? I'm Kramerica industries

Bump?

Uh, you don't get to bump threads.

Aye

Could some veteran baneposters please help me understand the scene better? The whole reason Bane allowed himself to get caught was to see if Dr. Pavel told CIA anything. But wasn't the whole plane crash scene totally unnecessary? They didn't even ask CIA what he knew they just got caught and crashed the plane.

He was bullshitting. The idea was to disappear with Doc P until he showed up later, but someone of Pavelier's calliber doesn't simply disappear without a trace, so they need to fake his death. Hence the blood transfer to the corpse.

What I really don't know is why CIA wanted Pave in the first place.

Uhh... you don't get to bring erections.

will she peg me?

PAVLUS DOCTOR
SPQR SUM

It would be extremely painful.

Have we starteded the fire?

>What I really don't know is why CIA wanted Pave in the first place.
The simple answer is, Dr. Pavel was listed on the flight plan.

It isn't specifically stated how long in advance CIA had his flight plan prepared in his mind to later file with the agency, but CIA knew the plan would list him, his men, Dr. Pavel here.

If CIA were to adjust the flight plan to exclude Dr. Pavel, he'd have to call Ittin.

Bane, there's no time. The Hotheads are coming, and I need a Big Guy to fight by my side. Although I didn't expect a Big Guy... for me.

that's fucking retarded. He killed everyone on board, including one of his own men. What difference does it make what the people thought? they literally could how shot down the plane some other way other than risking the entire operation on a completely LUDICROUS stunt.

Bone?

It's just a wild guess on a hack's thought process, but if people knew Doc disappeared, they would try to find him and stumble in the master plan. Leaving a man behind wasn't in Bane's plan, but he had to because the flight plan listed Button Lee and Juan O'vyu (but only one of you). Someone had to be sacrificed for the sake of inconspicuity. And the dead guys would be dead because of the plane crash, which is supposed to be theoretical. But then again, Nolan did have writer's block while writing it and if someone at the Agent C was to actually examine the bodies, the bullet wounds would indicate that something was wrong.

Anyway, they needed people to believe that Pavel was on that plane and that included having him in the flight plan. It was part of the master plan. And having that guy left behind was actually a good thing. He was probably the awkward guy of the bunch. Nothing would go wrong because Bane is a big guy.

But in the end he called Ittin all the same. He could have told them that Dr. Pavel was no longer part of the flight plan.

Do you think he was just trying not to break Dr's feelings by dumping him?

He's a small guy

Huh, you don't get to bring scents.

>But in the end he called Ittin all the same.
I don't think CIA originally intended to call Ittin.
He had to call Ittin in the film when he realized he would need to adjust the flight plan to account for Dr. Pavel's friends. His original flight plan only listed CIA, his men, Dr. Pavel here.

It's clear from the film that CIA found no good reason to exclude Pavel from the flight plan, thus Doc was listed even after the call to Ittin.

The reasoning is as follows:
The flight plan listed Dr. Pavel here, thus Dr. Pavel was allowed on the plane. Dr. Pavel was allowed on the plane, because the flight plan listed Dr. Pavel here.
>Do you think he was just trying not to break Dr's feelings by dumping him?
CIA didn't care about Dr. Pavel's feelings. His immediate goal was to land that plane with all survivors. Notice how CIA's initial reaction is to deny Pavel his friends, even though the resulting separation might cause Dr. Pavel to be lonely.

If I let you off your leash, will you bite?

>You don't get to bring Friends
>These are not my friends
Was this an aside to show Dr. Pavel didn't like the show Friends?

Yes