Essential 100

Thoughts on this chart? Anything significant I missed?

Other urls found in this thread:

itun.es/us/f1Ntlb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

beatles? also needs some django

why the fuck is grimes on it.

Essential what?

Wow you suck.

Sup Forums 101....my personal sugestion is to replace the mj's for princes

How did you make this chart?
What factors played into what went on here?

Trying to be a Sup Forumscore type starter kit for plebs. Also tried to diversify enough, but know that most people here are mostly interested in rock music

i don't care how poorly mad this was, checking albums off of a chart is too satisfying to resist

suck dick

>crossing off KOB and ALS but keeps TBSATSL and BVSC
Easiest way to find someone who hasn't listened to more than 10 jazz records and barely if at all listens to jazz. The earlier two are doing the most interesting things while the latter two involve watered down garbage for peasants who can't into actual jazz.

>no weezer
i'm pleasantly surprised op. i'd say you need filth on there or too many humans but otherwise pretty decent

>TBSATSL
sorry to burst your bubble but your taste isn't as special and unique as you think it is, Mingus is as surface level as Davis. I haven't gotten around to listening to all of it but there are plenty of classic albums that I haven't listened to yet. I've listened to over 10 jazz records, and even if I haven't why the fuck would you have a problem with people listening to Davis and Coltrane, faggot?

Please remove the Grimes garbage from the chart. Thank you.

You've forgot pic related,OP.

>sorry to burst your bubble but your taste isn't as special and unique as you think it is, Mingus is as surface level as Davis
I wasn't making a case for this at all. The fact that you even think I was implying this shows how fucking absurd you are. Rather than muh entry level, I was very clearly talking about the qualities of the music itself. Kind Of Blue does a lot with negative space that gets lost to the average new jazz listener. A Love Supreme offers an extremely wide variety of saxophone technique that also isn't fully digested by new jazz listeners. They are both very creative in bringing in these ideas and why they are considered some of the best in the genre. TBSATSL is baby shit in comparison. No clever improvisations (most of the album is actually composed simple 2-4 measure pop melodies) with a very simplistic groove that lacks the kind of subtle dynamics that make jazz percussion interesting, and it's draw (muh arrangements) is amateur music school attempts where it's straight forward bring instruments in/out. It's a very bland jazz record that's also the least like a good jazz record so all newbies latch onto it.

>TBSATSL is baby shit in comparison
so how does my not having listened to it (and having listened to KoB and ALS) indicate I've listened to less than 10 jazz records

you forgot something

>only 1 kanye album

>tons of shitty pop
>mediocre electronic albums
>fucking star wars soundtrack
terrible

Ohhhhh I thought the ones you crossed out are the ones you hated or something lmao my bad love.

PS: check out City Of Glass instead of it instead it's better!

>essential numale chart

at least he picked the best one

Is Slow, Deep, And Hard here over other much more important and essential metal records just because Scaruffi said so?

will do

itun.es/us/f1Ntlb
Destiny by Lucy Monciel and Shahed Mohseni Zonnozi

Wanna chill the fuck out buddy?

lol are you the same faggot on /fa/ who tells people to "chill out" when they make a valid point and you have no argument?

Grimes makes quality music, bruh.

Not really

Why the OP should listen to a pleb like you who can't even get into experimental pop?

>experimental
>pop
>grimes

Yes, really. Your dislike of her music is i r r e l e v a n t.

I've never been to /fa/, so I'm gonna say no. I'm just tired of people on Sup Forums losing their shit over which extremely popular jazz musicians are more legit than the other extremely popular jazz musicians. It makes people who like jazz just because they enjoy the fucking music look like attention seeking assholes by association.

Now fuck off.

Correct. Grimes is experimental pop, like it or not.

Not at all, just generic pop

Wanna chill the fuck out buddy?

The ultimate question: does having listened to not a lot of that chart make you more pleb or more patrician?

I'd say in 2017, it makes you more patrician.

What is generic about her music? Who else did albums like Art Angels?

No, really. Your like of her music is i r r e l e v a n t.

Pleb and patrician are just some tired memes. Just listen to what you like.

Actually it's relevant because her music is relevant. And acclaimed, too. Meanwhile your dislike of her music is like a drop in the ocean: zero impact.

Lorde

What else should I listen to given that red is bad?

Are you ok user?

No, I don't wanna chill the fuck out. All this "you haven't listened to 10 Jazz albums" shit makes Jazz fans look like scene core fuckheads who don't know anything about music. And the way you act will not get people into Jazz, it'll drive them away and run down the actual discussion.

You're not helping him, yourself, or anyone. I wont make a claim like you're interest is disingenuous, I don't know you and don't honestly care. But you act like Jazz records are fucking pokemon cards rather than music and you need to stop acting like a little shit, because I doubt music is the only place where you're bad attitude is gonna turn people away in droves.

Change your life, now.

This is better than OPs
Just replace Good News with either M&A or LCW

Slow down there Jimmie Rustles, you're not replying to who you think you are. I don't like jazz. I think it's pseudo-intellectual nigger trash music that most people force themselves to listen to because they feel they're obligated to. That being said, you're a big dumb faggot.

i tried to fit in as many genres and movements as I could

>Unknown Pleasures
>Bad
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU

Replace Endtroducing with SILY. You've already met your hip hop quota, and SILY is the more accessible and impressive plunder phonics project.

done, also added math rock

>74177446
>Bob Dylan s/t
Why that one?

Supposed to be a reply to

>Grimes
These are good.

You have Empire Strikes Back for some fucking reason and OK Computer isn't there.

This one isn't perfect but way way better.

it was representative of his very early folksy singer/songwriter sound although The Times They are a' Changin' would have worked too

Strange taste, more jazz essential I guess?

Imafine being this autistic

because of a lot of different albums please attack mum's discography

listen to vanpelts - sultans of sentiment based on spiderland

i like this list, however mucore it may be. if you like bowery alectric lets go one deeper and sayyyy you should listen to jefre contu-ledesma - on the echoing green.

report back y'all!

Post some hip hop essentials

its not very good though

Didn't really get Soundtracks for the Blind but I generally enjoyed everything here. Where do I go from here?

Also the chart is pretty good imo OP.

Should use 'Music for the Jilted Generation' instead of 'The Fat of the Land'