So wtf does dope mean?

So wtf does dope mean?

We all know it means something "cool" in the literal sense... Eg: that shit is dope ma nigga

But what about in the drug sense.

Does it mean weed... Meth... Heroin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KrJPOTkY_bU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heroin, and only heroin.

Only newfags think it refers to weed.

Well, newfags and people who intentionally try to conflate the two.

For me and everyone else, dope = weed. Not heroin like the fags from the east coast refer to it as.

>the inevitable return of the great white dope

Dope is heroin.

dope = drugs in general

youtube.com/watch?v=KrJPOTkY_bU

Weed.
Only Americans think it means heroin, because they have to change the meaning and spelling and pronunciation of EVERYTHING to be different.

Heroin was trademarked by Bayer in 1895 and caused addicts immediately. That caused it to be discussed and street names documented. Opium was known as OPium, and sometimes Lotus. But not Dope. Weed didn't get the moniker til the sixties.

In America
If you smoke weed, dope = heroin
If you don't smoke weed, dope = weed

Dope initially was used to say someone is stupid.

Which increased to drugs because they made people act stupidly.

Then the stupid street word dope.

This
Around the 60s and up till these days people started using words to imply the opposite of the words actual definition. Usually to the effect of something is cool.
>That's bad.
>stupid
>shit
>dope

>Dope initially was used to say someone is stupid.
>Which increased to drugs because they made people act stupidly.
>Then the stupid street word dope.
I think you have it backwards. If a person was too high on OTC heroin and/or morphine elixirs, you would say they were doped up. This went on to encompass all people who looked retarded or stupid, and didn't have the wits to fend for themselves.

Actually it was inherited from holland from their word doopen, for dip, dope was used to name a thick sauce way back at the start of the 19th Century.
Later it was used to describe foolish people as slow and thick in the head, as per thick sauce.
Then it was used for drugs references in the 30s on wards.

So, you don't see how it can be used to describe the sauce itself, either the elixir or the injectable fix - which is some pretty oldish shit - and see it describes the drug and not the user. You would say he's on the dope, or he's a dope-head. Just like now, you'd say he's on the booze, and not "he's the booze".

And only retards call weed "dope".

Interesting

All of you are wrong. It derives from the word dopamine. As in whenever whichever substance hits your brain you get some form of a dopamine rush.

Back then in the late 1800s when people asked for a coca cola they said "Can I get a dope?" because it had coke in it.
One of my coke dealers though refers to heroin as dope though

This is the only origin of the word I believe so far

dope can literally refer to any drug dumbass