Things wrong with music today:

Things wrong with music today:

Gimmicky vinyl

Sup Forums
youtube reviewers

nu male indie rock with no appeal

>fuckin normie womemes
>how dare they make something cute and functional all the same time!

Rampant nepotism in the music industry
Gimmicky vinyl is a necessary marketing ploy, unfortunately.

gimmicky vinyl sells, doesn't sound as good as black though

As an idiot who buys a lot of vinyl, I love gimmicky shit unironically. I get that its' all marketing and stuff, but the inner sleeves, album art, and sometimes colored vinyl adds to it. It makes the albums I love into this cool little physical piece.
Getting just a vinyl that's black with nothing interesting done with the album art or anything makes it not quite as special.

Incredibly boring indie rock. I'm looking at you Bon Iver.

why would anyone listen to vinyl is beyond me

you're literally listening to an inferior form of technology just because you like the way it makes you feel

its so embarassing

>for Urban Outfitters

pottery

Vinyl sums up most of the things that are wrong with the music industry

>Endless limited editions and special colors
>Stuff that should never have been reissued in the first place
>People buying it for appearances rather than the music
>Used prices at astronomical levels compared to 10 years ago

Look up the baseball card or comic book bubbles and you'll see a lot of similarities to vinyl today.

Rappers dick riding Tupac and Biggie like they're gods.

I like a lot of 90s rap, but I honestly don't think Tupac was that good and I consider Biggie overrated.

No major improvements or advancements in any genre except hip hop.

>today

gimmicky vinyl has been a thing for a long while

I love it when I meet someone who collects vinyl. I always manipulate and abuse them for my amusement. They want some sort of peer recognition and validation so bad it makes you sick.

The thing is I'm a 10/10 physically and I'm a gatekeeper/trend setter and they all want what I have so bad that they'll literally grovel at my feet just to be in my presence.

I could lie and say I feel sorry for them but I don't, they're all dweebs without exception.

actually just vinyl in general

>music today
>vinyl
nigga you like 20 years late

Not defending that, but they used to laser etch the vinyl back in the 80s or press them on translucent colors

you could really just leave it at
>the music industry

>Obsessive focus on social justice issues in music and music journalism

I'm not even opposed to this type of music, but it's overwhelming and exhausting when song after song or article after article has a social justice skew.

How does it still work if it's heart shaped?

Gimmicky vinyl (different colors, different shapes, etc.) certainly isn't new, but the way it's done these days with every other album getting a bunch of different colored releases and super limited editions seems to be a modern trend.

The grooves are still circle shaped, the parts outside of the circle don't have anything pressed in them.

just extra vinyl on the edge to form the shape of a heart, would look much like this
it's just a single so it'll probably be a 7"