ITT we discuss superior pallet design, especially with focus on how inferior and flimsy Euro pallets are

ITT we discuss superior pallet design, especially with focus on how inferior and flimsy Euro pallets are.

No. This is now a spooky skeleton thread.

Euro Pallet seem superior

Make Euro close boarded and achieve perfection.
BTW: it's already 4way entry open boarded

euro pallet is the best as you can get money from it by stealing em. etc

Finally a thread I can speak intelligently one :) Ive never seen a Euro pallet before, nor the 3-base type. I can just imagine how easy those are to snap. I only sell 2way reversibles and 4way perimeter base style, and I still hear customers complain they snap.

You are missing drum/barrel pallets BTW. Pic related

Is someone seriously wanting to discuss this topic?

I've found the two-way without wings to be the most economical choice even if you sacrifice some versatility. They are usually sturdier too.

Better than another trap/faggot post

You can get money stealing any pallet. Ive had some of my stamped pallets show up at a local recycler and the guy was upstanding enough to call me and ask if they were junk... 400 of them had been stolen 2 days before. He was even nice enough to deliver them back to me

This
we all know these are superior to anything. as it costs money to just to rent em = quality.
/thread

can't argue with that

Fun fact. You can recycle a wood pallet for anywhere between 1-3 dollars each. A recycled pallet in good condition that can be resold is called a #1

not as much, and the quality is inferior to eu pallet anyway. you can get up to 2,5 dollars each.

Except for the fact that they fall apart after very little use

lol? when did that happened? I live in northern scandinavia, and 90% o the truck transport wont use anything else, cause everything else breaks like bitches.
take care of your eu pallet and you can get more than the guy who said u could get 2,5eur or whatever.

Wing types are just trash in general they snap really easy and if they don't snap you sacrifice load size.

indeed

No1 Is the manliest pallet
Everything else is inferior feminine pallet

Another fun fact. Brazil will not allow any wood pallets into their country from the US. You must use an engineered pallet for export. Why you ask?

The US has Asian Longhorn Beetles as well as Ash Bore Beetles. Brazil does not, and wants to keep it that way.

Pic related. An approved export pallet for Brazil

one more thing. the eu pallets have like atleast 4 year life span.

Work in a warehouse. Everytime something comes on a euro pallet its falling apart. Theyre good for moving things around with jacks because you cants accidentally split them apart, but euro pallets just dont survive long shipments in my experience.

Euro pallets all depend on the wood. I've seen them snap under 250kg, but the sturdy chep euros take over a tonne with ease

Used to work in a pallet factory in Northwest BC and the pallets we made aren't represented here. However, I can say they weren't of a superior design.

and if they do break. its a humans fault for not knowing anything about what they are doing.
sorry for making more than one post, im a lil drunk and high on lyrica.

This is the shittiest thread in Sup Forums's history. Don't you guys have anything better to do?

I am having some serious problems believing you get 2.50 a pallet at a recycler as I sell #1 pallets all day, including my profit margin, for less than 2.50 each. Either you guys are paying a fuckload of money for pallets or the currency conversion between the US and other countries is throwing things off.

>i can speak intelligently one
>one
> :)

Not saying I don't believe you, but I find it hilarious that a country that is literally a cesspool of diseases, viruses, and parasites of all shapes and sizes cares about some beetles from the US.

Yes, we have things on pallets that need moving. But first the best pallet must be discovered.

Obviously two way entry

I work as a courier and a solid two way entry pallet is best

Sometimes this stupid shit is why I like Sup Forums
Truly fucking random sometimes.

and you are discussing pallets....
...which is strangely mesmerizing to me somehow

As somebody who uses a lot of pallets daily, two way entry is superior. They are just the most structurally sound, great for large loads. I hate flimsy pallets. Closed boards for dry shop conditions, open board for outdoor applications or wet work.

I've been working a long time with logistics, and for 3 years of experience i can say euro pallets are the most reliable for extra charge

>anything but bottom right
You'll never worked in a shop right?

They also dont sit properly on standard US warehouse racking. If the pallet is heavy (2,000+ pounds) the beams will break the 4way entry stringers on them and cause a disaster

>hive

I guess I COULD do some work... or browse the 40 different BBC/Ay White Boi threads.

Nope, rather talk about pallets

Europallet is best pallet

Agri-guy here.
Anything other than 4-way CB is subhuman

this.

>didn't reply to a post
>you'll

or, arguably,
>subpallet
?

Why am I in this thread.

Hey guys, come here! Check this thread out!

skeleton bones would make a decent pallet
Maybe use many femur bones

This is actually true.

I worked for a company shipping about thirty pallets of product to Brazil, and they never cleared customs. Everyone just kinda facepalmed and went about their business.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

I really don't like 4 way entry, I understand the application, they make it easy to manipulate the load and all, but the blocks are prone to splitting, they don't have a lot of grain to absorb stress. 2-way is just stronger.

Same here faggot. I had no idea pallets were so involved. This reminds me of "floor guy" who started a huge discussion about waxing floors.

Apparently the only thing that can get the Brazilian government to actually do anything is if their Rainforests are threatened by anything other than robber barons with bull dozers.

Even the US didnt go as far (possibly why we actually got the Longhorn to begin with though) as we will still import a wood pallet from Asia, the pallets just have to be heat treated and or fumigated.

Injection molded plastic with honeycomb lattice or go home.

USed to work in a factory, shipping different things to the UK and Europe.

Euro pallets were tough as fuck and never died. The rest slowly fell apart

This spooky skeleton thread has me rocking the fuck out!

you have a powerful desire for pallets.

i am the same person. i aint paying shit for recieving them, as its not shown on the invoice. and minst eu pals will get up to 5eur per unit.

but somehow i think the pals are included in the invoice, but it is by law they have too. so i dont know there, but i refuse to use anything else since eu pals are stable as fuck.

lol. fags who think four way entry is superior to two way entry. do you even forklift bros?

Did anybody in here go to college?

4way pallets are retarded for most applications unless your warehouse is a mess. If things work the way they should, a pallet isnt ever going to "turn" where the second entry point would be needed. You also arent supposed to ship anything over 1,500 pounds on a 4way. Anything over 3,000 pounds and its supposed to have a doubled up center stringer

Everyone not saying euro pallets are better are low class manual fork lift users.

Get in a fenwick you faggots

As someone who worked in different storages (forwarding company, vegetable trader, carparts trader) for about 8 years I can tell the europallet is without a doubt the best of the above. It's durable, easy to pick up(some of the others have wooden parts in strange places where you wouldnt expect them since you cant even look through the top, which leads to breaking these pallets more often. Also many od these pallets are just made by stupid people and dont fit into a trailer effectively, like an europallet would (3 in a row).

Femur pallets?! You'll not take MY femurs, you filthy, dripping fleshbags!

Europallets are reused, so they are actually made of pretty durable wood

Most governments try to keep invasive species from coming into their countries to a minimum if at all possible. From that point of view it's no surprise.

recycled without destruction/reconstrucion and yes, they are superior to anytihing else that isnt custom made for a unique thing.

These things are the worsed. If you hit the foot with your fork it goes straight through.

They must send you the shitty ones. All the other pallets from the picture are broken as fuck when they get deliverd at inbound. We always throw them away. Also as we only send heatthreated euro pallets, best quality imo. Also our products/packing boxes are made for europallets.

Those are shite, they break after 1 bump

Most of our product comes in on plastic nestable pallets. They are the absolute worst. They buckle under weight and constantly flip over.

>pic related

Of course you dont pay to receive a pallet (well you do, its just calculated into the product/shipping cost like Stretch Wrap and Poly Strapping) I sell pallets to the shippers and I actually have an order right now for 2000 #1 2way pallets. I am selling them for $1.98 each, 50 dollar delivery fee, and that includes my 50% margin. I pay a little under a dollar from my recycler for a #1 pallet which means he is probably paying 30-50 cents each from the Mexicans who steal them. Its amazing to me that companies not only save pallets (they are pretty much 1 time use and disposable) but that recyclers in Canada are paying 5x+ the price for a "junk" pallet. Im just having problems wrapping my head around that.

I mean that would put the price of a used pallet at somewhere north of $6each for resale

Im the pallet sales guy, and yes I have a BS

I work with pallets every day and have a bachelor's degree. Do you think only uneducated poor people use pallets? You dumb.

Side note two way entry is the only pallet worth anything. All other pallets are weak.

Went? Yes.

But seriously, whats your favorite pallet

Do you put your pallets on a pallet when you sell bulk?

This user knows whats up.

ah okay, but do you now agree eu pals are the best?

As someone who has never used pallets (but I have pulled these fucking things apart - I especially like the shitty nails they use to make them as well as the dont give a fuck construction technique) I think this thread is better than any

Pallets are sized per a customers needs. For example I sell one of my customers a 56" x 153" pallet. They only fit one wide in a trailer

its an interesting thread, which is rare on this shit board, when all other boards are shit aswell these days.

Europallet is pretty good, can't complain

Ew

Quality thread, it's rare I see something I haven't seen before

They are not recycled. Once they brake they are usually done. In europe it's a deposite-system( dont know if translation is good). Companies will have lists with how many pallets they got from other companies and every other month they either pay the difference or send a trailer full of pallets back. It's not like a cardboard box, since a new europallet is worth about 20euro (so if you have 18 pallet on the trailer it's 360euro. Distances in europe are short and roads are good, so it's not unusual to have very cheap transport. You can imagine how cool it would be to get 500 for the transport but pay 360 for the pallets. There are even gangs from balkancountries who are specialized in stealing europallets.

Id cum on these fuckers.

Lol... Actually sort of yes. They are stacked 15 high and banded together. So yea in a way 14 pallets are sitting on a pallet

I never thought of it that way. It actually made me smile

I wish I had one of those, my job is too cheap and gets the inferior walkie stackers.

Maybe Brazil would rather not have its rainforest decimated.

No, I do not agree any type of 4way pallet is "best" for anything, especially heavy loads or anything that will ship and store inside the US

you are a great user for doing this whole-heartly.
and yes, when i did work with mah shit ( unessscary)) there were lots of people trying to steal out shit. and lots of building sites in sweden, lots of sandniggers try to claim the eu pals like it was their fucking last day in this shitty place.
but em mint eur pals, man .. dony say you wouldnt like to cum on em.

Plastic > wood. Can leave em outside forever

Straddle stacker is way more useful in tighter areas though.

Two way entry reversible is best. Most structurally sound. Fuck off with your 4 sided entry. If you've ever operated a forklift you know there's never a situation where you'd need more than the 2 sides go at it.

Source: worked in carpet/flooring warehouse for several years and now an engineer

What the fuck even are those shitty things? We use these, except not green.

Construction is probably a bigger factor than design. Any design, built shittily, will fall apart. OP has just had bad luck with euro. He should bitch to the supplier to build better pallets

pedos

well anything unique requires its own pallet ofcourse.
anything inside in the us sucks anyways.

Roll

Apply for a job at the big guys league. Trucker cards are the best.