Cohen is mentioned in the Nirvana song "Pennyroyal Tea" from the band's 1993 release, In Utero. Kurt Cobain wrote...

>Cohen is mentioned in the Nirvana song "Pennyroyal Tea" from the band's 1993 release, In Utero. Kurt Cobain wrote, "Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld/So I can sigh eternally." Cohen, after Cobain's suicide, was quoted as saying "I'm sorry I couldn't have spoken to the young man. I see a lot of people at the Zen Centre, who have gone through drugs and found a way out that is not just Sunday school. There are always alternatives, and I might have been able to lay something on him."

could Leonard have saved him?

I still miss him bros ;_;

>could Leonard have saved him?
Leonard couldn't even save himself.

no one could have saved him. he was in a bad mental state and was in what was probably the worst life situation relative to his mental state.

same. YWID is a great final album though.

what are your fav Cohen songs? I haven't listened to much of his stuff, right now my favourite is Going Home

Avalanche always makes me hate myself the appropriate amount I feel

I wish Kurt Cobain was still alive, because then Nirvana would be as popular as Pearl Jam on this board and we wouldn't have to deal with all these dumb threads about him.

these are my favorites by album. I skipped most of the classics that you've probably already heard

Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye
Story of Isaac
Sing Another Song, Boys
There Is a War
Iodine
Ballad of the Absent Mare
The Law
Tower of Song
Anthem
Love Itself
Villanelle for Our Time
Amen
A Street
Steer Your Way

Just listen to his first 4 albums, every track on them is perfect. Been listening to the album New Skin for the Old Ceremony a lot lately.

Neil Young made a similar statement when finding out Cobain quoted him in his suicide note. Must have really fucked with musicians knowing Cobain was wallowing in depression listening to their dark lyrics and giving up hope.

It's weird how Cohen was calling musicians young men/women ever since he debuted.

Saved him from what? Courtney murdering him? The exact specs of the shotgun were only released last fucking year. He couldn't reach the trigger. Not to mention that it had a trigger guard and he was wearing shoes. Did none of you know that Courtney was caught with a handwriting practice sheet? This is all just tip of the iceberg.

he was already in his mid-thirties when his first album came out

Here we go

I also watched soaked in bleach

Why'd you even acknowledge him.

These people will never see the absurdity in reacting incredulously to the suicide of a widely known depressive heroin addict with chronic health issues. They're the contemporary version of the "Paul is Dead" lunatics.

SAVE THE PARTY
CONVERSATION

Imagine how spooked Neil must have been when he found out he was quoted in Cobain's suicide note.

The 'Paul is dead' was always more of a joke that went too far while people legitimately believe Courtney murdered Kurt.

Believe me dude, there are fair number of people who took it very seriously. You can still find a bunch of early 2000's websites of people obsessively compiling "proof" that Paul was replaced.

I actually haven't seen it and the shotgun details were released after the film.

But they spend a good amount of the film talking about the shotgun details.

Never-before-seen
The shotgun hasn't been seen before publicly, except for certain crime scene photos that reveal a partial view of the weapon.
March 27, 2016

Holy shit is that the actual gun? I wouldn't be able to reach with the end in my mouth, and I'm a fucken gibbon

Ironic

You point it at the roof of your mouth, rest the butt on the ground, and pull the trigger with your toe.