If you could bring one artist back from the dead and have them continue their music career from where they left off...

If you could bring one artist back from the dead and have them continue their music career from where they left off before dying, who would you choose?

I'd pick D Boon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EXjNu0O0Ko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SO MUCH GEORGE HARRISON

lincoln parks

Kurt Cobain

Valfar

The Notorious Biggie Smalls

Nick Drake or Bowie. Maybe Elvis, desu

This is the right answer

Chopin, Jimi Hendrix, or Nikhil Banerjee.

Jimi

Sure, if you're 14

I really want to see if he'd recover from his sex-funk period and make more folk rock stuff, or maybe even go experimental again.

I'd save that power for McCartney.

Cobain is not that bad of choice really. He had a lot of future projects in the planning stages by the time of his death that would have been interesting to see through. He had a collaboration planned with Michael Stipe, a secret recording session of Leadbelly covers with Greg Sage, and what the next Nirvana album would have been like (if there even was going to be a Nirvana). He certainly felt drained at that point, but if he took some time off from the limelight and kicked the Heroin habit, he probably could have made some more great music.

He fucking killed himself dude.
He had no interest in doing those projects at all.
He had nothing left in him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this band had a lot of potential that imo went largely unrealized

Well I thought the hypothetical was about them getting back to music and eliminating what caused their death (i.e. Kurt's depression). Of course he wouldn't have the will or interest, but it's fun to imagine.

Chester

Ritchie Valens

park choa, but she's retired not dead

chris reimer rip

this too

Solid picks, m8s.

Scriabin for me. I'd like to see Mysterium completed.

Good Choice.
Firehose was alright, but The Minutemen were 1000x better.

Bowie
Elliot Smith
Nick Drake
Jeff Buckley

Either John Fahey or Shinji Sato

How the fuck has no one said Michael Jackson yet

Jhonn Balance

This

Or Kris Angylus from The Angelic Process

shit that's a good choice too
really tragic

Jeff Buckley

Cliff Burton.

chuck schuldiner

Eric Dolphy, died at his absolute peak and in a really unfair and tragic way too.

good picks

Chris Cornell

Dave brockie

Yeah Buddy, music would be different today had he lived.

Terrible choice because Ape of Naples would have never existed or had any impact

meme answer but Cliff Burton

obvious answer

Hendrix. Stepping Stone has heavier riffage than the first two Sabbath Albums, and the album was supposed to be funk rock! It would've been funny to see Jimi react to guys like Eddie Van Halen.

Jeff Buckley. The Sketches demoes as they are make one of the best 90s albums; imagine if he finished it?

He'd just kill himself again.

DJ Rashad

That nigga went too soon.

John Wetton

Boony's dead?!?

Nick Drake is the only correct reply to this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=6EXjNu0O0Ko

Don't you know? Micheal Jackson never died. Neither did Elvis, Prince, or Jimi Hendrix. The Government is using them to make a sound weapon. They went missing because they refused at first. Also where is your tin foil hat user?

their music would have sounded like Ape of Naples for a bit and then they would move on to something else. Their live shit has tons of Ape long before Jhonn's death. Listen to more Coil.

>Terrible choice
more liek terrible post.

Probably that classical composer whose name I can't remember and whose music I own nothing of.

chuck schuldiner

>ctrl-f
>no Quorthon

F

Chester Bennington but this time he ditches his pop rock and makes one last nu-metal album like the old days with LP before finally turning into dust blown away by the wind.

Jay Reatard

>Quorthon

Michael Dahlquist is the only right choice.

F

Him and J Dilla.

Jimi is THE answer.

Save it for the first member of Rush to die

Nick Drake, that shit would have an extra helping of sad after that as well

Fucking this. It still pisses me off to this day that he blew his brains out instead of continuing grunge. Rock would still be somewhat relevant, and we wouldn't have fucking Green Day of all bands getting big.
tpbp

>implying rock wasn't relevant well into the late 2000s
>implying nirvana would've stayed relevant and not become a more niche band
>implying kurt / nirvana were the sole bastions of grunge and that post-grunge wouldn't still happen with him alive

Per Ohlin

Bowie, easily. Everyone else is more "they did good work on earth, and I wanna see more of that shit", but Bowie straight up was fucking ascending circa Blackstar and The Next Day. Neither were 10/10 albums, but imagine what the guy could have made with even just an extra year to build on that direction further.