What does Sup Forums think of joji?

what does Sup Forums think of joji?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LeMVDuIO3J0
youtube.com/watch?v=bCaw_26Z2BU
youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ani_6IRV20A&t=63s
youtube.com/watch?v=9HFDW0x10-Q&list=PL3mfssteAbYoK_cwTNFBpaRQwdprPh2QL&index=40
youtube.com/watch?v=Qhq1FDL0NNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Im tumblr-core but I'm not tumblr-core" core

eh

minecraft birthday party core

shitty reddit tier meme core. That's the second thread today. Please stop shilling this guy.

Not really all that into his comedy, it used to give me slight funny feels and the dude is probably a great guy, but his comedy feels very stale to me.

His music is not to be taken seriously, I don't even think that he would actually have it received as some kind of actual piece of music.

what about his album Chloe Burbank, it's not really comedy music, just lofi hiphop

unironically a good explanation

he seems to want to be taken seriously but he just keeps releasing SoundCloud-tier shit and at this point there's nothing I can think but that it's all he has to offer. I wonder how long he'll keep it up because he's getting older after all.

Haven't heard it, but I would hope that a more serious undertaking like that would yield him some good artistic results and not just an album for his fangirls to jerk off to.

Seems like a cool guy to hang out with and isn't a horrible musician but goddamn do his jokes get old fast

>His music is not to be taken seriously

This is such bullshit. He clearly is trying to be genuinely creative in his music but any criticism of it gets the response of "well, it's just a joke XD"

He is trying to become a serious musician and will end up moving even further away from the Filthy Frank character universe.

seeing him belligerent on stage soured him for me, he's probably a better producer than he is a rapper and he's probably a better rapper than he is a person... this is a total backseat, nah trunk opinion tho

smart enough to not make absolute trash music, too retarded to make good music

yea. I started watching him a little over a year ago and must have stopped watching within the first three weeks. It was slightly amusing at first but it's just so goddamn boring and repetitive after a while.

and why do you think that? I sort of thought that at first but then he just proved that not to be the case time and time again.

youtube.com/watch?v=LeMVDuIO3J0
it's overly self-aware

Look, it's not like music with jokes in it can't be serious.

I like Oughts latest album "Sun coming down", which is filled with lyrics that are pretty ridiculous and funny, but all of the filthy music that I've heard is just joke music, like Weird Al.

If he has serious music, link it to me and I'll listen to it when I'm off work.

youtube.com/watch?v=bCaw_26Z2BU

I want him to release Chloe Burbank Volume 1 already.

I really, really like "Thom."

seems like most people in this thread haven't actually heard joji, but filthy frank/pink guy which is crazy different

Is this radiohead related?

>seems like most people in this thread haven't actually heard joji, but filthy frank/pink guy which is crazy different
What you said here is probably true, but holy shit does it sound like fucking cringe.

It's tantamount to saying that LaVeyan satanists don't actually believe in a literal Satan, it is true, but you sound like a dumb teenager while saying it.

Ramen and Fried Noodles is his best food raps.
youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ani_6IRV20A&t=63s

Not in the least.

If I were to describe joji's style, in that song especially, it's lo-fi hip-hop. Ever heard Habor by tomppabeats? Joji's beats sound really similar.

the chorus is so fucking good though

t. edgy teenager projecting

>Being this wrong
Teriyaki God is pink guy kino
youtube.com/watch?v=9HFDW0x10-Q&list=PL3mfssteAbYoK_cwTNFBpaRQwdprPh2QL&index=40

that's kind of the problem that tyler had, he started off as a meme in a neo ICP and it took him forever to get taken seriously as an artist. he's still trying to lose the edgy teen tumblr image

wow okay i vehemently apologize for the wording of this post won't happen again officer edgelord

fpbp

id appreciate him a lot more if everyone who listens to him isn't a retarded faggot spewing filthy frank bullshit, but the opposite of that is worse when they are just like "gosh this is JOJI not filthy frank, let him do his music career without you ruining it"

but music wise i guess it's alright

i cringe at him now, honestly. his fan base has turned me off completely to any of his content, because all it does is remind me of all his dickriders and whiteknights

4pbp

said it better than i did earlier

>play literally ANY hip hop instrumental or lo-fi around a normie
>"DUUUUUUUUUUUDE have you heard of joji?"

he literally ruined an entire genre

>what does Sup Forums think of joji?
random lofi hiphop playlist on spotify tier

eh, not really. Goblin was unironically good.

Nope. It was all shock value that launched his career. Even Tyler himself would admit that.

Doesn't matter. Goblin was good.

Has potential to make genuinely decent music, but you can't blame him for making cuntloads of money for acting like a fucking tard. If he pushed the Chloe Burbank album I would find myself listening to it frequently - I really enjoy the lyrics to Thom

if you like shitty music, sure

he sounds like literally every other lo fi producer on bandcamp. only reason his generic music gets some attention is his yt fame. lesson learned kids

>become yt celebrity
>release generic music and it gets praised

Goblin was not good, it only had like four memorable songs.

Bastard was good.

he's the final boss of mediocre soundcloud producers

there is no difference from his low fi soundcloud rap and the literal thousands of other people like him. if anything he is on the lower tier of those people.

every album he's made has been good except Cherry Bomb

i think that you need to go back

you are all wrong. stir fry is better

youtube.com/watch?v=Qhq1FDL0NNQ

He's okay, but it's annoying that he seems to complain that his audience doesn't take him seriously when 99% of his content is shitposting

/thread

he's alright if you ignore the amount of underages who think he's "super epic and SAVAGE"

very generic lofi hip hop

that beat is the shit

His lyrics are the writings of a high school sophomore who just broke up with their gf for the first time. I really hate almost everything about his music, it was fine until he started demanding that people take him seriously. His lyrics aren't that emotional, they are just a cryptic way of saying "I miss you babe" but super indirectly so he can't be criticized for his shallow and bottom-tier lyricism.

He has 0 talent when it comes to instruments, all he makes are shitty beats on his laptop to basically weep over. There is nothing interesting about his music to me, just another low-fi soundcloud rapper, the only difference is that he already had a fanbase.