ITT Post a genre and try to expain why you hate it

>reggae
sounds strangely cheesy and displays certain qualities similar to rap (which sadly i can't pinpoint) that make me feel irritated every time i listen the genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ5G13MEMgc
youtube.com/watch?v=LogLEz2uM0E&index=52&list=PLHgZT7SHPmRsGXvrH09pnh17bUNipcBJ1
youtube.com/watch?v=xFWVFu2ASbE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chad doesn't listen to music, except party/dance and top 10 on the radio.

these aren't funny
virgin walk was funny because it was true
this is just some dumb reddit tier humor

metal makes me think of all those kids in highschool who tried to stab me before the realized it'd be mutual

>psych rock
always really fucking whiny vocals and lyrics. playing usually covered up with shitty flanger and phaser effects to mask lack of talent. mostly dude guitars lmao without any real depth.

>the virgin Sup Forums reply

Virgin Walk was great, because it got a whole site scared shitless of thinking the pic was about them. These new ones suck because no one can relate to them.

>Pop punk
Combines the worst parts of pop and punk rather than leveraging the things that make them good individually. It also normally lacks ambition and has some of the worst lyrics.

this
virgin walk is unironically a work of art and one of the most relatable images ever made
this is unfunny and doesnt even make sense

Metal, which I think should be self explanatory.

>hip hop
It just doesn't sound very pleasing to my ears honestly.

>Hip-Hop
I don't hate it, it's just not for me, I do not like how self-referencial lyrics tend to get, to the point the rapper, artist; use their own name or shout-out certain people in their songs all the time. It makes it much harder for me to connect. Too much of rap lyrics are too on the point and they barely have any way to intepret them in any other way.
Naturally not all hip-hop is like this, but the ones I heard is. What makes it painful for me sorta is that I really want to get into it but something just feels

Now mind you, I don't mind it at all when song is about the singer himself, not at all, but hip-hop lyrics tend to be less subtle, they want to make it sure it is about them, making it harder for you to make it realvant towards yourself, especially when they scream their own name or something into it.
It's like, in different type of music, I am taken on a journey, and I am in that journey, with hip-hop, I am not on that journey, I am being shown a journey instead of being on the ride myself, if that makes any sense.

I know exactly what you mean and agree wholeheartedly.

There's a few exceptions. I like Aesop Rock and Rob Sonic for pretty much every reasons you mentioned.

Indie - too much self pity
Rock - too much angst
Punk - too much faux-anger
Metal - too cringe
Country - you have to be American
Rap - some good beats, unrelatable lyrics
Trance - too cheesy

Great argument, thanks for the discussion

exactly. Chad doesn't get obsessed with trivial shit. Chad uses things for a purpose

>The virgin listen
>Listens to everything except country and metal

Wow you got me I'm speechless

That's why they're called tools you know.

What do you like then?

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ5G13MEMgc

That's not the question.

>Hip-hop
Not really my taste generally, some is alright but i think the lyrics often annoy me (bitches, money, drugs, partying etc). Even songs that dont involve these topics i typically still dont find very interesting or pleasing to listen to.

This song i actually enjoy, and i think the reason is because i have no idea what theyre saying. Beat, vocals and production is decent and somewhat catchy. Besides they're from a band i enjoy, so i suppose that helps too.
youtube.com/watch?v=LogLEz2uM0E&index=52&list=PLHgZT7SHPmRsGXvrH09pnh17bUNipcBJ1

This. "Hair seems to overreact to wind" was pure genius.

There have been other ones as good as Virgin walk, because they also had an element of truth in them, but yeah op pic is retarded

>Thrash Metal
it's worse than what inspired it (NWOBHM) and it's worse than what it inspired (black metal, death metal, etc). i see it as just a natural stepping stone to better, heavier music

it's good when it's technical (Coroner, Voivod, etc) but straight thrash is mostly boring, and the guitar solos are incomprehensible

Virgin Walk's brilliance was in preying on the perception that really insecure people have about themselves. It might not be fully true, but people who are really insecure percieve themselves as that.

It's just a work of art.

/r/ing more virgin and chad

how do you sort library by bpm?

it is
hating everything doesn't make you superior to it
it makes you a negative ned

>Country - you have to be American
I've always wondered this. Does anybody anywhere listen to country who aren't redneck hicks? Do rednecks exists in other country's besides Australia?

When it's this obvious op is an incel

Brazil has their own brand of country (and pop country) and it's quite popular.

>uses RYM's "esoteric" chart filter to discover new music
I actually do this

Is this frowned upon?

Thanks for the recc

I've only listened to the first 20 minutes so far, but let me share my opinion.

Now, don't get me wrong, i've listened to a lot of stuff, but this is probably one of the most monotone records I have ever heard.

Its quality however, seems to come from the way in which the listener interacts with the music. Very much like punk rock, if I'm moving around my house, it's not the same record as if I'm sitting down in front of a computer. There's a certain ephemeral brilliance that plain old music theory just can't capture with some genres.

8/10 would recommend

>any post-rock that's not 1st wave
it's like dadrock minus all the fun and double the pretentiousness

I would make a joke saying you're incredibly white but you're actually thought out so

There's a lot of projects out there that don't fall under your issues in terms of lyricism. Much like any other genre, there's many different projects, artists, styles and concepts.

I would suggest

Company Flow - Fun Crusher Plus
cLOUDDEAD - s/t
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - I Wish My Brother George Was Here

Don't gotta listen but it's always dependent on who you're listening to and what project.

Hip-hop is incredibly unique and I think widely misunderstood by a wide margin of people.

I want to add to this guy's post that many hip hop songs aren't to be taken "seriously". Many of these songs aren't written to obtain an empathetic/self-insert connection with the struggles/experiences of the singer, but rather are written in the spirit of "having fun" (with the connection stuff coming second). You're not supposed to be on any musical journey of the artist but rather your own individual, real life "journey" is supposed to be more enjoyable, if that makes any sense

try listening to youtube.com/watch?v=xFWVFu2ASbE

it combines mathrock with post-rock and It sounds breddy interesting imo