Tfw death grips, the most interesting musical act in this decade, was ruined by 13 year old reddit memers

tfw death grips, the most interesting musical act in this decade, was ruined by 13 year old reddit memers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nKtomu0f1-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>death grips, the most interesting musical act in this decade
nope

>was ruined by 13 year old reddit memers
try again

I don't think so

Name a more wholly original music act in this decade

Kendrick Lamar

>death grips, 13 year old reddit memers, the most ruined musical act in this decade

It is impossible in the age of the internet for anything to not be ruined.

Anything remotely interesting or likable is immediately memed to death, making it feel worn out and cliche, possibly in the span of just a few months.

Pre-internet music bands (or anyone creating entertainment) didn't have to deal with this as often - sure, oversaturation still happened with songs being overplayed on the radio, but that was for bands that had public friendly hit singles.

Now that any artist is capable of becoming oversaturated/memed to death, it will happen more often and to more obscure bands.

>kendrick lamar
good joke, next you will tell me rap is good.

>caring about what other people think of the music you listen to

>13 year old reddit memers
So, you're saying they were ruined by Sup Forums?

I've never liked them that much, to pretentious for me.

Sun Kil Moon
Tell me someone else who is pumping out postmodern spoken word epics like him

I couldn't imagine being this self conscious.
also how do you even define "original".
what a vague quality. Original to who.

looooool

Original artistically you fucking retard.

t. 13 year old reddit memer

Nothings original. Everything you've ever heard is a bubble and squeak of artistic influence. The things a musician has internalized willfully or not throughout their lives. It all comes from somewhere. It's patchwork.

Creative output can be eclectic but it is exceedingly rare for it be truly and wholly "original"

Death Grips are a meme you fucking goob

OK, now name one that is original and NOT complete shit

You are so, so fucking retarded and pretentious if you think a musical act who rarely even acknowledges its audience can be 'ruined' by them.

The only thing ruined is your ability to superficially feel smart and mature for listening to them, a meaningless pleasure with no relation to the quality of the music.

Meanwhile they will carry on putting out new music, not bothered in the least.

>implying DG aren't complete shit

It was ruined by this board

It wasn't ruined for me, because I couldn't give less of a fuck what teenagers think about music that I enjoy.

original manlet maybem kek!

He's itty bitty. Shows in his music videos. He's a pocket nigga.

We get it. You have shit taste. We don't care. Now go elsewhere and continue thinking you are superior to everyone else.

Byebye! :^)

Kek not really getting OP's idea of "ruined" are you?

It has nothing to do with your own opinions it has to do with how everyone else perceives it. DG has been memed and fanboyed so hard by obnoxious people online it just forces ppl to not like them simply because of annoying fans and memes.

And for someone who enjoyed their music that is frustrating because most ppl naturally want others to appreciate and understand the music they like

>Nothings original

Are you seriously being this fucking facetious? So to you is the word "original" in the context of creating art is utterly meaningless then?

The only way 13 year old redditors can "ruin" your music is if you're also one of the 13 year olds on reddit.

>skm is complete shit
pleb

Pic related is more "interesting" than Death Grips

reddit memers didn't ruin death grips, you did.

Yeah. Pinetop Smith's interpretation of slave ragtime into what is now known as boogie woogie in "Pinetops Boogie Woogie" was original. The guy who started playing it on guitar shortly after laying one of the first foundational elements of Rock n Roll is original. DJ Kool Herc extending and mixing the percussive break in songs (in some opinions originally pioneered by Clayton Fillyau) and allowing for traditional Jamaican toasting (like that of The Last Poets or The Watts Prophets) to be chanted over-top giving form to hip-hop is original. These are forms which previously did not have corporeality in any meaningful way.

The truth is here. Sup Forums just slowly filters down to reddit.

I fucking love Death Grips, I fucking hate the fan base. I am so happy it seems they don't let it affect their music.

kek

>hating yourself
is death grips' fanbase the most pathetic fanbase ever?

Correct

>was ruined by 13 year old reddit memers

Where did this meme even came from? I went to see them and I don't think I've seen anyone under 18 in the audience.

>complains about someone thinking they superior
>discussion started because he was crying about not being able to feel superior anymore
Death Grips fans are fucking insufferable

Don't pretend like this is all their fault

Mu's cancer levels regarding death grips were off the charts for years without leddit's help

People pretending deathgrips was good ruined deathgrips

You literally fell for the "we're only pretending to like it" scam and you actually told yourself that you actually like it, after falling for a fucking MEME

youtube.com/watch?v=nKtomu0f1-Q

Using irony in a debate is a red flag

viper

>unironically never seen some kiddie who likes dg irl

Pretty much every Death Grips fan I've met irl has been a 20 something that is into their music also, wtf is this meme

I was in Newbury Comics one time and this autistic 14 year old girl came in with her pathetic limp dick boyfriend and she goes over to the vinyl section and starts screaming about how Death Grips blur the line for what is and isn't music. It was so infuriating I don't think I've ever been so close to ripping a young girls spine out and beating her into a fine jelly before. She then accidentally cut someone in line and proceeded to yell "OH MY GOD THATS SO EMBARRASSING OH MY GOD IM THE WORST OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IM SO EMBARRASSED OH MY GOD WE NEED TO LEAVE OH MY GOD" while running around in circles, as her noodle armed boyfriend quietly said "come on its ok lets go"

So that's what your average DG fan looks like

Julia Holter
Laurel Halo
Dean fucking Blunt, hate him or not is by far the most original fucking musician I have ever heard for this century.

>even shorter than Bruce Dickinson
holy shit

Yeah because the production on The Money Store is totally unlistenable and isn't rhythmic or groovy at all. How could anyone possibly enjoy such Maurizio Bianchi level shit even a little bit?

You're an absolute fucking idiot.

the Money Store is hot trash, marketed as high brow art so that dumb fucks like you would eat it up. You got memed, the only reason you chose to listen to that album is cause the cover seemed artsy. MC Ride could piss into Zach Hill's mouth, record the sounds and release it as an EP and you, you dumb motherfucker would download it. Lets face it kiddo, you got memed. It was a high quality meme at one point, convincing enough for you to take it seriously, but it was a fucking meme. You might as well have downloaded Crazy Frog, the music is fucking better. You dumb goober. Death Grips are a FUCKING MEME. And now you're crying because you think thirteen year olds turned it into a meme? You stupid fucking slut, the thirteen year olds have enough awareness to realize its a meme, whereas you were swallowing pig shit and thinking that you were cultured. You got memed buddy, learn from it.

>wholly original
They're just a more underground, less ravey version of Atari Teenage Riot
They even fucking ripped one of their flows for 'Beware'

FUCKING WEW LADS

>see this shit getting memed all over Sup Forums for years
>listen to Get Got
>it's shit
I knew I shouldn't have given Sup Forums a chance.

Twenty One Pilots

>saying 13 year olds can ruin the music you enjoy

OP is 14

>I don't get why people like these guys
>I guess their listeners are just pretentious
>After all, I'm far too knowledgeable about music to just "not get" a certain style.

Dude, no one actually thinks death grips is "high brow", it's just great music to rage along to.

how can kids be this stupid?

>They're just a more underground, less ravey version of Atari Teenage Riot
they definitely took inspiration from them but they don't sound all that similar. especially not their newer stuff.

>it's just a joke that everyone but me is in on!
schizophrenia

>tfw you let other peoples opinions effect your opinions
>tfw you only like things if you think its cool to
>tfw you don't have any actual opinions
>tfw you're a jellyfish, floating listlessly through the most obscure acts, praying they don't gain any success so you can continue listening to them

I 100% believe your story, but that's in no way what the average death grips fan looks like. You go to a meme store you're going to meet meme people. I've met plenty of Death Grips fans who aren't Reddit tier.

Don't even entertain that guy. Perhaps DG do sound like ATR, but it's also frequently claimed they sound like Dalek, Limp Bizkit, and even acts like M.I.A. At some point people need to see through the bullshit and realize what they're collectively implying.

I didn't say they were high brow you bloody mong. I said they make quality music that is interesting and fun to listen to. Zach has actual experience playing drums in various other projects. They're people who know what the fuck they're doing musically. Meanwhile you're some retard sperging out on a taiwanese tapestry forum because people enjoy music you don't while screaming "MEME! MEME!" like some fuckwit with downs without having anything substantial to say whatsoever. Shitty posts like yours are what happens when people who have never picked up a musical instrument in their lives nor shown any interest in music theory get to voice their opinions thinking they matter. Highly opinionated, hysterical garbage without any knowledge to substantiate it.

>ITT: Faggot OP makes bait thread while not even fully comprehending its bait because deep down in his fragile ape mind he believes his statement is substantial

I'm not surprised though, only on Sup Forums will you find insecure manchildren who's musical orientation is governed by armchair opinionists who are just as lonely and desperate as them.

>Dean fucking Blunt, hate him or not is by far the most original fucking musician I have ever heard for this century.

top plen

you can dispute that they're "high brow" but they're lyrics are objectively more complex and diverse then the vast majority of rap acts

*chuckles*
Well well well look what we have here
another butthurt, mouthbreathing Death Grips queer
You hang out with some fat weebs, yelling about getting noided
but you just ran into the rapper who best be avoided
I'm gonna fuck you, cuck you, make your mama tuck you
after she's done tucking you we gonna play some peakaboo
peakaboo motherfucker, i see you
your fake ass mask has become see through
You're a phonie balonie, a fucking liar
you only liked Death Grips cause you thought their """"""art"""""" was higher
you spent all your money buying Death Grips merch
when you coulda given all that money to your local catholic church
You listen to piss and recommend it to your "friends"
but when they listen to the music, your friendship ends
you tell them "yo check out this EP, n-words on the moon"
and your friends decide they don't want to see you any time soon
so go on, let your rage out, I wanna hear you scream
cause you're just another casualty of the Death Grips meme

>I CUM IN THE FUCK
also
>responding to the most obvious fucking bait

Just put on a trip already so I can filter your autistic and annoying shit posts.

Good argument toddlers

How does it feel knowing you will never contribute anything of value to this world? What is it like having to dedicate long, sad and lonely nights of shitposting in threads dedicated to people making art that others admire, just to drown out that voice of despair telling you you'll never create anything worthy of someone's time and attention? That you're a complete loser and do not measure up even the slightest bit in significance compared to the people you mock in desperation? How much more do you think you can go on drowning out that voice through shitposting before it catches up to you? The sad part is you could have spent all that time bettering yourself, but instead chose to give up and wallow in your pathetic misery. It's funny because no matter how many layers of irony you try to bury it under, your absolute worthlessness will continue gnawing away at the corner of your mind, and will be there to laugh at you after you've jerked off for the fifth time that night.

you are a literal child if you think something as vague as that has any meaning at all

>in this post: i spew a ton of insults without actually saying anything meaningful whatsoever

pissy mouth when???

>Name a more wholly original music act in this decade
bill orcutt
sutcliff jugend the muse
hell even Clipping. and B L A C K I E are more original than death grips

>t. caving manchild

Literally no one listens to Blackie apart from like two people

literally changes nothing about what i said.
I'll also include saul williams as musical acts who are more original than death grips

Define "more original"

in a musical sense here's what i think it means.
>the origin of the sounds used or the combinations of the sounds used can be first attributed to the artist/band using it

>musical act

"musical" ?? Fake News.

i still think death grips are good, just not "the most interesting musical act of this decade"

you said meme 8 times in this paragraph and you didn't explain why Death grips were bad

listen to footage its a whole lot more accessible and better than get got

>t. incapable of forming an argument and easily swayed by emotional urges

I've listened to Spred Luv EP before but I returned to his bandcamp page to jog my memory. The description alone indicates that he's shooting for something much different musically than DG. Call Blackie original but just don't use it to undermine DG or anything. See

it wasn't even reddit though, it was this very shithole that ruined them

>I'm unfazed by your opinion because it's not constructive but I'll still reply because I'm fazed

>Call Blackie original but just don't use it to undermine DG or anything.
im going to do exactly that because he is, and so is divine styler for one album. Death grips arent the most original thing in the world or the most interesting, im just clarifying that

what was your opinion again? i can't seem to excavate it from the pool of ad-hominem sludge that it was submerged in

I see, I see. My bad. I concur DG indeed isn't all too original but my thing is I don't think there's anything that 100% precedes them in their sound or style. Admittedly I just got carried away in picking your original post apart. 9/10 times when Blackie is mentioned on this board it is to undermine DG, you've made it clear you're not one of those people.

i think I speak for everyone when I say death grips is fuckin lame.

probably tylo b chillin

Damn, nobody can actually answer your question.

I dunno, you just fell for a pretty weak troll, so maybe ask yourself?

This is pretty much true and no one here will admit it because they're mostly trend-hoppers.

this. the majority of Sup Forums is brainless contrarians who will turn on anything just because it gets too popular.

sure, most popular stuff is also bad. but DG is legitimately good and creative