Bandcamp Thread

Starting a new thread, let's try and support each others music by leaving feedback to at least 3 posts. These threads are dying way too soon due to people not engaging in others work.

Other urls found in this thread:

noriginal.bandcamp.com
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/18-07-2017-very-raw-demo
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/-/18-07-2017-very-raw-demo/
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
echotail.bandcamp.com/album/et-tu-y-rei
gardanta.bandcamp.com/
ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com
morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/serendipity
pillow187.bandcamp.com/album/versace-rigamortis
expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/
ethanchandler.bandcamp.com
yamir.bandcamp.com/
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p
wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/she-unraveled-the-heavens-and-the-light-shone-through
slavebeaverrevolt.bandcamp.com/album/the-abyssal-pit
calebchase.bandcamp.com/album/indie-3
requiemforvenus.bandcamp.com/
mkour.bandcamp.com/album/compost-beats
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
rigglethor.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/m_oliva/save
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence
itunes.apple.com/us/album/silence/id1258931565
open.spotify.com/album/0p2LmoXnulreHvP2CBOodg
soundcloud.com/foliagemusic/dont-come-back-anymore-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

new musix soooon

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>experimental
>boom bap
>rap

>leaving feedback to at least 3 posts
Dreamers like us will never learn...

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/18-07-2017-very-raw-demo
>New stuff!
>Ambient and occasional singer-songwriter
>Stuff of various qualities and quantity
>Occasional bullshit insisted in the package

rateyourmusic.com/release/single/-/18-07-2017-very-raw-demo/

Look out for a legit swan soon-ish.

Oh, hello shill. Would you be willing to contribute to this thread beside sharing your year old track by providing constructive and genuine feedback to other anons? Thanks in advance!

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

embarrassing

echotail.bandcamp.com/album/et-tu-y-rei

>alternative rock
>industrial

New album out, hope you guys can check it out and let me know what you think of it! I do return feedback if given!

Heard your stuff loads in the past, haven't heard this one, as usual its pretty solid, good flow and production. I do like this style a lot more, with those ethereal synths and the glitchy beat.

Gave Seasongs a whirl since I havent heard that one yet, god I love the atmosphere you create on that one. The ambience is so chilling and drowning you got the mood totally right on that one, definitely something I would put on in the background.

Recommending this one too, heard it in previous threads, some lovely piano compositions, Crops is a personal favourite.

What a cute day.
gardanta.bandcamp.com/
>eldritch
>spoken word

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com

morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music

>extensive discography
>will probably never upload the EP Knochen which was limited to five copies

Recommended!

Big reccs to some old friends

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/serendipity

>synthpop, ambient

I've got new stuff in the works but I've got some songs I just know I'll never finish, which I remixed into instrumental vaporwave. Is vaporwave too dead and boring now? Should I still both putting it out?

>Is vaporwave too dead and boring now?
It's shit and boring. Going with a shitty trend is a shot in a foot

Alright. How about retrowave then? You know, synthpop that sounds really 80s? I've got some of that going. But that's not really trend hopping, it's just what naturally happens when I make music.

>implying I don't know what retrowave is
Do what you want. At the end of the day it is you who will be the biggest critic of your own work.

Still, I don't want to release something that will be received so poorly that nobody will look at my music ever again.

>hurr durr how will I look in front of ppl tho?
First world problems. If you care about other people's opinion so much maybe music ain't for you, just saying.
Also, your previous album was your worst one by far. How far down can you go from here? Not much I believe.

>your previous album was your worst one by far. How far down can you go from here? Not much I believe.
Probably still pretty far then. What was so bad about it?

pillow187.bandcamp.com/album/versace-rigamortis

I just released my first non-instrumental mixtape. I'd love some listeners on it.

>experimental
>noise rap
>trip hop
>psych
>indie grunge shit

Gonna leave feedback in a bit.

fucken harsh lad.
leave poor dave alone.

Forgot to post the image

>Using vocals
>No lyrics
Every. Fucking. Time.

>echotail.bandcamp.com/album/et-tu-y-rei
shout out before i even listen to this for being a champ!
listening to this now and this first track is cool, not a huge fan of the vocals the small percussive touches are great, solid bass sound too. the guitar sound leave a bit to be desired though. the vocals on track 2 are more my speed (until the "rap" that was a lil awkward) the really dark atmosphere is cool, and those drum rolls really help the title (if you get me) oooo that transition! track 3 is alright but the vocals kinda lost me again.
this is really nice sounding, but the vocals are a bit to AiC for me

idk what to say about this because i started reading about meteor showers. other than the the third track seemed a bit bass heavy, or like you were playing chords through an octave pedal?

this guy is one of the main reasons i don't feel so bad about posting the same shit over and over. (rip foliage)

dude i still get listens from time to time you'd have to put out something pretty damn bad.

expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/
>electronic fuckery

i have an idea for my next release but it feels like something i should actually put time into and i'm a lazy fuck :(

In the middle of recording the follow-up now.

ethanchandler.bandcamp.com
>Americana
>Psychedelic folk

That's a legit production. Almost reminds me of The Necks.
That mix is quite nice. Bass and drums stand out nicely.

>other than the the third track seemed a bit bass heavy, or like you were playing chords through an octave pedal?
I don't really remember too well. The third track was incredibly old and I used a new method at the time, which I don't remember. Actually all but three songs on that album were made years ago.

I'll take what you said about bass into consideration. I'm probably just overcompensating for what I think will make it sound like a denser mix on the songs.

me
I've always heard your stuff on Soundcloud threads. The 2nd half of the song is great on this track, good job.
Never been one for ambient, but this is definite meditation music.
Beautiful stuff right here

new '"dj mix'" coming out tomorrow
its not the thing ive been working on, but i thought u people might enjoy it anyways

yamir.bandcamp.com/
>noise rock, experimental rock
>ambient, spacey reverb stuff with guitars and every sine wave imaginable
>also a "microhouse" or "minimal techno" EP if youre more into electronic music
>physical copies at: cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d

Read an interview conducted by Jakub Tabor! read if you like to make fun of poseurs
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1

>I want to rate your music!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

>I want to listen to you on Spotify!
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p

excited for new raps maybe post them on bandcamp instead of sc?

i listened to the seasongs album, good stuff! yummy ambient loops

(put it out anyway, whats the worst that could happen)

>How far down can you go from here? Not much I believe.

>put it out anyway, whats the worst that could happen

>""""career""""

>career
Career: an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life.

>taking greentext that seriously

>tfw you've made music for 12 years now
>tfw that's almost half of your life by now

top kek

>tfw that's almost half of your life wasted on making shitty noise music

>not making good noise music instead

It's your own fault really.

>It's your own fault really.
>explaining somebody's fault in wasting his life while being on Sup Forums

Oh the irony!

>he thinks Sup Forums is a waste of life

Okay, bud.

>shoegaze w 90s emo and folk influence
>ffo duster, alex g, have a nice life
>take my music

hardest recs are the albums:
she unraveled the heavens
single tage

Well, this thread derailed quite nicely. Let's have some first impressions legit swan on the case for some new music! For all hate go to: Thanks for checking out my ambients! Appreciate it!
I couldn't get into your stuff at all. It's weird for good enough reasons but it somehow way more disjointed than I wanted it to be. I think what rubs me the wrong way is the vocal delivery and the vocal mixing in general. Also, why are we jumping on that "experiemental" bandwagon when the music isn't that? I just can't understand. The balance of the tracks are nice however and you do know how to work with your stuff. But the content and the execution leaves me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

First two tracks are really nice but on the third one you just done goofed. Not that I feel like it's wrong or anything but it's by far the thing that I've expected from "Americana" tag-line. I suppose songs like these works only in a short period of time. Nonetheless the things I hear here are pretty neat.

I've heard the rest so there's no need to repeat myself. So I'll add more to the wounds.

>I've got new stuff in the works but I've got some songs I just know I'll never finish, which I remixed into instrumental vaporwave. Is vaporwave too dead and boring now? Should I still both putting it out?
AFAIK doing anything is better than doing nothing. In the regards of vaporwave - I do feel like it's overblown out of the proportion. To the retrowave - your music is already that in a way so I don't feel like there would be something outside of adding more to the already existing catalog which ain't bad.

>'"dj mix'"
user, I...

AH, you dun goofed with the tags!

>She Unraveled the Heavens

Maybe I should record a song with that title now.

Don't rape my concept album senpai.
Or I kill you.

WHATEVER YOU SAY, ANONYMOUS

>Anonymous
And I thought we were friends

I'm just kidding, my Polish kolega.
Once I've got a bit more time on my hands we could even do a split release on a theme or something.

fuck my phone auto corrected to single tage instead of dunkle rage

o well

and I mixed them up. kill me

no time to do shit

but I'll fix it

>She Unraveled the Heavens
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/she-unraveled-the-heavens-and-the-light-shone-through

r u drunk

>Once I've got a bit more time on my hands we could even do a split release on a theme or something.
>tfw when you are not going to make music anymore for at least a year or so

>shoegaze w 90s emo and folk influence
>ffo duster, alex g, have a nice life
>take my music

hardest recs are the albums:
dunkle tage
she unraveled the heavens

slavebeaverrevolt.bandcamp.com/album/the-abyssal-pit

>progressive
>experimental
>electronic
>guitar

Keep telling you that. After a month or two of not doing anything the music will flow out of you like never before.

I will. After two half a year hiatuses I'm entitled to believe that this is the one!

Yay!

not even

but I did just wake up in Colorado after moving for the last five days (good 30 hours of driving) and I have a ton to do today

Oh boy. Moving is great, though. It works as a reset button and you can get all your creative workspace tidied up again.

mensae.bandcamp.com
>electronic stuff

Yeah, nobody cared if you don't care yourself. What a shock!

calebchase.bandcamp.com/album/indie-3

>synthpop, emo, ethereal wave, dark ambient

Solid 5/10

requiemforvenus.bandcamp.com/

>experimental electronic
>a few noise tracks, electronically layered piano tracks, borderline flashcore tracks. some ambient,
>songs to cry to/fade into the void

also sorry to the people who gave feedback to my music in last thread ! i went to bed and the thread died before i could get a chance to say thank you

how about you faggots contribute to these threads with some crtitiqe and shit?
you are cancer of these threads

mkour.bandcamp.com/album/compost-beats

new sp 404sx beats. please listen

no, fuck off
entitled bag of assholes

ive listened to 90% the things posted already and in the process of listening to others now. i dont like posting feedback with my identity tied to my bandcamp either as i like to be honest in my feedback and not tie in to a circle jerk. id much rather people not post any feedback than post a meaningless "rec" so they will get a "rec" in return with no honest criticism or analysis. it becomes a circle jerk where you look like youre engaging but instead just continually post rec about the same things you heard months ago.

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>depressive/melancholic music
>each release its different, pick your poison
>now you can get all my music for just 0.50usd
>when prozac no longer helps

I'm always late at these posts :(

reccing

>ive listened to 90% the things posted already and in the process of listening to others now
how many anons released a new thing since last month then?

>i dont like posting feedback with my identity tied to my bandcamp
what are separate posts?

> id much rather people not post any feedback than post a meaningless "rec"
what? that doesn't make any sense

>what are separate posts?
thats what im saying i do....

>what? that doesn't make any sense
to clarify i think posting rec is simply a way of promoting your own work by tying yourself to another poster hoping theyll rec you in return. i see it as nothing more than self promotion in the guise of being involved.

me

im not sure if this is an aesthetic decision but i listened to the first track and personally i feel like at some point you sohuld come in with some bass or drums so that it feels more impactful, unless of course it was intended to be a crescendo. pretty cool though i wish i could play guitar that good and good synth choice it has a lot of potential.
P.S. i listened to some of the second track and liked it a lot so i downloaded it
this is real good man. at first i kind of expected you to go the route where it just repeats for four minutes but theres a surprising amount of progression and dynamics in the songs. keep up the good work
not relly my thing but still enjoyable
i listened to the first track and thought it was really good. i love love love how at the 2:30 part that wall of sound thats been building up comes to a stop and the guitar and drums shine through (if that makes sense?). a lot of progression in the songs and dynamics which i dont see often in obscure shoegaze stuff. as i was typing this armadillo came in and i also think its been produced/mixed very well and i enjoyed it enough to download it.
i gotta listen to more of this later because its really good. i listened to some of yamir and all the ambient songs seem to be very layered and usually progress throughout their track lengths. theres also a lot of dynamics in the way you switch between the hazey ambient stuff and the drums and violin type stuff. idk, but good work my dude.
this isn't really my thing but the guitar playing is killer and it achieves the style you're going for well.
ive checked out your stuff a few times. i dont have a lot of advice or comments but i think it has a lot of potential.
FUCK u

here with some feedback

I surprisingly really enjoyed this. The reason I say this is because its quite avant garde and scattered, the vocals are twisted but they really fit with what you are going for. It is actually a really good effort, liked the second track, the background synth is menacing.

Some very nice guitar work, love the chords you are using on the tracks. Very chill

Always like a bit of shoegaze, liked Nobody Home, some pretty epic moments on that one. I kinda wished that the drums were a bit louder at some points but I think that was a choice that you made with some thinking behind it so fair enough.

Some parts of this reminds me of Flying Lotus, love some of the samples you used. Definitely some creativity in your production that I wished I had, and definitely something I would put in the background to chill with.

Thanks for your feedback man, shame you arent a fan of my vocals, to be fair I am not a proper vocalist. Its because we used to be an instrumental band and I got sick of doing that shit and wanted to challenge myself. I do sing more in the grunge style and this new album is experimental/industrial so it probably would clash. Hearing your stuff, you definitely have some creative ideas, loved some of the sounds you were experimenting with, as someone said it has ton of potential but probably needs more standout moments to grab my attention.

Some things I have heard in previous threads that I liked and you should give a try:
very creative stuff, especially The Hole Inside
incredible atmospheric stuff
batshit crazy stuff, worth a listen
another incredible moody listen

Always nice to see a lot of talent on these threads, it would be nice to keep this one alive longer than usual and just basically share our thoughts on each others music, critical or praise.

>batshit crazy stuff, worth a listen
thanks man im glad you like it!

also
B U M P

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Buds

rigglethor.bandcamp.com/
> Acoustic folk polyrhythm singer songwriter ep

beautiful lyrics
Listened to transient life, love the instrumental balance/variety in this one so far.
you're definitely going somewhere with the aesthetic I like that image too.
good shit
not quite what I had in mind going in its not bad either

Its a soundcloud but whatever.

soundcloud.com/m_oliva/save

Thoughts on where I could take this kind of vibe?

fuck off soundcloud fag, go back to your scrubby threads

Two bandcamp bros are on the same bill at an upcoming l.a. show (Foliage, Eye Candy) Has this ever happened before?

no.

>im not sure if this is an aesthetic decision but i listened to the first track and personally i feel like at some point you sohuld come in with some bass or drums so that it feels more impactful, unless of course it was intended to be a crescendo. pretty cool though i wish i could play guitar that good and good synth choice it has a lot of potential.
>P.S. i listened to some of the second track and liked it a lot so i downloaded it
thanks for listening. i am attatched to lo-fi and amateur, unrefined "bedroom" practices and examining aesthetic qualities of different recording techniques as they tie into anti capitalist industry standards and as they reference histories of music and audio equipment in a cultural sense. dispite my interest and intentions the lack of low end tends ot be a common thread in my work that comes out by accident. lacking low end or feeling hollow is a common criticism ive received. perhaps as i am used to playing back and mixing my own music through bookshelf speakers, i dont think about it or notice. other tracks do feature electronic drums or synthesized bass but writing bass parts is something i should work on.

"Silence" out now worldwide. Get it on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, EVERYWHERE. Buy it on disc, buy it on tape, come see us at a show.
Help us book a tour please. Thank you

Bandcamp:
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence

iTunes/Apple Music:
itunes.apple.com/us/album/silence/id1258931565

Spotify:
open.spotify.com/album/0p2LmoXnulreHvP2CBOodg

Soundcloud:
soundcloud.com/foliagemusic/dont-come-back-anymore-1

the amount of shilling on this one is fucking horrendous

bump