What does Sup Forums think of Tool?

What does Sup Forums think of Tool?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've heard the soundtrack for Half Life 3 and it's the new Tool album.

They're good but a little long winded when compared to prog acts of the 70s. They used to be my favourite band for a while but... it's been done, and done better. Danny is cool though.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

i listened to them once but they didnt impress me, im guessing it probably wasnt heavy enough for me given the stuff i was listening to then

what the fuck was that shit?

Mediocre, but juuusst clever enough to get people to think they're better than they actually are--playing the fibonacci sequence, weird album art, holding off on releasing new material, etc.

They get boring pretty quick

this

>shitty intro
>autobiography for no reason
>constant idiot praise
>"more emotion than 30 weezer albums"
>still a 1.9/10
what the fuck

also
>"which is in the United England"

shitty fans and culture

I grew up on them. Danny is pretty top notch, big reason i got into drumming.

Overrated, soft rock drone fest desu

Maynard's Dick is a good song

honestly, if i'm not in the right frame of mind their music gives me a headache.

WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE TOOL

It's just creed with some odd metered sections and psuedo-esoteric lyric.

Their bassist and drummer are pretty good, I guess

Death Grips of their time

They were my favorite band in high-school. Would get high and cheese out on Danny's drumming. Saw them live quite a few times in the late 90s.

Now I find them pretty much unlistenable.

Maynard's a douche and his lyrics are worse than any emo middle-schooler's diary-poems. It's embarrassing desu that he thinks that shit is deep.

They're trying to do something which they should know better than to try - they have a prog-minded drummer paired with a stoner-metal guitarist with holes in his brain from so much ketamine (and who really never had much musical skill to begin with). And so you end up with 10 minute meandering bullshit. They were best when they were a hard-rock band (Undertow).

>Maynard's a douche and his lyrics are worse than any emo middle-schooler's diary-poems. It's embarrassing desu that he thinks that shit is deep.
You know they specifically joke about it and don't take themselves too seriously right? He literally whispers "suck my dick fag" in Stinkfist for fuck's sake, their music is loaded with humor. Who gives a shit if a bunch of cunts rave about how deeeeeep they are on internet forums.

>They were best when they were a hard-rock band (Undertow)
This I can agree with, Opiate and Undertow were their best.