Bought a ticket to one of this old dog's shows

Bought a ticket to one of this old dog's shows

What am I in for, lads

high school

Highschool kids smoking cigs and college radio DJs wishing they were at a Father John Misty or Sun Kil Moon show instead.

Dubs he dies this year

A Mac Demarco concert

phew

>buying tickets for shows
is it to socialize with your friends at the event or just listening to the performer live? because if it is the latter, why? you can listen to the music anywhere, why spend money to be crumpled in a sweaty crowd to listen to a performer sing a song you can barely understand?
if it's a smaller occasion and you have to chance to talk with the performers then yes, i see no problem with that, but with bigger events, it's just pure money waste.

god you suck lol

Small ethnic girls with colored hair and lanky white kids blowing cigarette smoke in everyone's faces

wow bet youre a fun person

what a nerd

A bunch of Mac demarco cosplay

>some cool people
>a lot of faggots that like dressing like him
>a really good show

A goodie good time
Also lots of cigarette smoke

Last one I went to was ~80% high schoolers that were dressed exactly like him. They were mainly running around and heckling.
I usually don't complain about all-ages concerts but it gets pretty annoying.

So I'd just focus on enjoying the music, there won't be much of an atmosphere to enjoy

The crowd is exactly what you'd expect. He puts on a good show though.

If you're lucky he'll put a drumstick up his ass

>on Sup Forums
>doesn't like live music
You kind of people make this a fucking shit board.

I saw Mac at FYF last Sunday after listening to his Bandcamp once or twice. Most of the crowd was early to late 20s, a few kids very obviously highschool, but not too many. I'm 20 and I felt pretty young in that crowd. The venue was covered with cigarette butts after he played but it was maybe 15% of the audience chain-smoking the whole show (myself included, I was honestly surprised at how out of placed I looked passing cigs around with my friends.) He's a real nice guy, offered to hang out with the other festival-goers wherever they ended up after their set, and half way through he sent a highschool friend crowd surfing to a surf rock tune. At the end he rode the crowd all the way to the back of the crowd while smoking a cigarette and holding up a pink parasol.

If you're looking for deep indie rock, stay home. If you don't take his character seriously and go for a good time and some good music, it'll be one of the most relaxed and fun shows you'll go to. And don't hang around in the back of the venue, that's where most of the underage kids were according to others who went. It was much more exciting near the middle of the crowd.

It must suck balls to be this poor. Hope you die.

actually this guy is right. the atmosphere is usually shitty and it takes away from the performer to hear plebs sing next to you, clap their hands, scream WOOO, etc

smaller, more intimate venues are great though

only on Sup Forums

boredom

because you hear with your eyes too. when you see a silent video of a tree blowing in the wind - you can hear what that sounds like. when you see a band live - watching them play adds more colour and layers to the things you hear. you clearly haven't gone to enough gigs.
saw him at primavera sound
was shit
hes fake and american and teenage - felt so rehearsed - like he was a stadium rocker.