Why does this confuse Americans?

Why does this confuse Americans?

Cos they're fat cunts

Why did you use a picture of a right hand on the shifter? If it confused Amerifats then why wouldn't you use a picture of a right hand drive, faggot?

Why do Luddites still use stick shift? CVT and even automatic transmissions are more efficient.

#REKT

Because technology allows you to drive without using that thing, it's way more simple, try it.
The way people complain about this is the same like arguing between PC and Console its just useless

Grew up driving manual. All types of cars and trucks. Even drove a manual in the UK which was interesting. A mushy stick

what you mean 99% in the world has drivers seat on the left side

I don't think you get how national bait threads work, user.

wtf ?? i just random spotted this thread,
are you retarded or what ?
that is a fucking normal car for people who know how to drive not for americans pussyes who need a car to drive himself.

Why does this confuse eurofags

Who the fuck holds a shifter like that, anyway?

I am not confused. I can drive any manual vehicle (besides semi trucks)

I mean, I've never owned an automatic, but a stick shift will absolutely never outperform a dual clutch automatic transmission in anything.

Someone taking a picture of themselves using one

Hell I can talk on a cell phone and smoke a cigarette and drive a manual at the same time, faggot

Wrong.

am american. love manuals. men that can't drive one are just boys.

Why is this confusing?

>can't design or afford automatics
>thinks everyone else can't drive manual

pics or it didn't happen

Can you shift in a millisecond with negligible power loss and added weight?

Amerifag here, who drives stick cause yeah, they're superior
For my friends and sister, the automatic was the same price, not much worse on gas, and was one major less thing to learn trying to get their license.
Pretty much same reason you use a fridge instead of refilling your box of meats with ice. We're lazy.

woah calm down fat angry cut

You have way more control over the engine and power band in manual

I know how to drive manual, but it's just easier to get to point a to point b with auto. I don't see the point in putting forth extra focus n shit just to look cool or some shit

I am sure fucking cavemen said the same about hunting when their job began to be replaced by domestication and agriculture.
>hurr durr you are not a man until you do as I do

automatics are so fucking boring

Speak for yourself fuckface. I'm American, and i work my ass off.

Do all that while drinking a large Dunks coffee in whiteout snow conditions and we'll call it a good start.
t. a Bostonian

people that drive manual like cars

You don't have to focus when driving manual. It becomes (ba-dum) automatic.

Gets mildly annoying in stop and start traffic, but that's about it.

Except with dual clutch transmissions, you can turn off automatic shifting, and still have full control over the engine and power band, while still shifting faster than a human every possibly could. Why do you think they don't make manual super cars anymore?

or actually focus on driving

Well I guess you're right, I guess I was just trying to say why is it such a big deal when people drive automatic

where's the fun in that, faggot?

OH GOD I JUST SHIFTED INTO 2ND HOLY FUCK THIS IS THE BEST SHIT EVER

Me too, but you probly still use a fridge and bought a pre-built house etc instead of doing things the old fashioned manual way, right?

Trucker?

Same reason people brag that they know C or Python and look down on people who don't, I imagine.

You'll never drift your automatic car like a manual transmission could

Oh I could do it. Pussies are afraid to be in control of the transmission.

Vaginal shifting is the best, isn't it?

I am Canadian and I prefer manual/standard cars. I've been driving stick since I was 16, now 28. I just bought my first automatic vehicle, it seems like manuals are becoming rare here and it's unfortunate. Automatic transmissions piss me off because they never shift when I want them to

Lol. Of course, but far from lazy.

I drive a manual nissan, suck it yurop.

>driving automatic econobox
>literally not think
>somehow end up at destination
>driving manual that I actually like
>more focused
>enjoy the ride more
>better
it's not just the transmission. if you have a manual you are much more likely to actually like your car whereas autofags just buy whatever they can afford.

Because Americans are stupid, they can't handle anything with more that two pedals.
Driving in America is as easy as driving a go kart when I was 12. There only go and stop. Not clutch. Easy as fuck to drive

Where you from?

you think that's bad? we'll they go ape shit when they see these

I suppose you are one of those gigantic pussies who buys a car based on it's safety records?

we're confused why you would maintain an unnecessary component AND be smug about it

Don't even give me the shifting feels nice bullshit. My automatic has a sport option where I can shift if I'd like.

he's talking about right hand shift because he assumed it was a British person shitposting and they would have a left hand shift.

That wouldn't be a problem for me. But what the hell is it from?

that retarded sport mode shit isn't the same at all

CVT transmissions actually have potential to deliver power much more efficiently than manual, automatic, and dual clutch transmissions.
They just have issues with breaking under heavy torque loads.

Trust me, you're not really shifting.

Regardless of the merits of automatic v. manual, your sport shift is complete shit without a real clutch.

because if I wanted the South African experience I'd just go get shot and raped in Chicago

If I want to shift I'll just ride my motorcycle

why the fuck would you freeze your food with a fucking ice box. Get with the times you lazy fuck. Fridges were invented in the fucking 1800's.
>pic related, it's you

>we're confused why you would maintain an unnecessary component AND be smug about it

>be european
>battery runs flat for whatever reason
>push car until it's at 15-20km/h
>jump in
>second gear
>full throttle, clutch up, clutch down
>engine magically starts
>took 15 seconds

>be american
>call (((service))) truck
>wait 2 hours
>pay 200$

>eurofag here
>rent a car here
>"We only have automatic here, sir"
>never used an automatic car
>take a couple of minute to understand
>it's easy I think, "user just act like your left leg ha been amputated" I repeat every now and then.
>start to feel confortable after few kilometers.
>Driving around 70-80 km/h
>I was thinking about someone else and not my left leg, because is fucking boring only to start and stop while driving.
>push the brake thinking it was the clutch.
>from 70-80 km/h to 0 in 1 second.
>lucky enough that nobody was behind me...
>never used these toys again, only automatic.

>invent cars with shitty manual transmissions
>rest of the world makes them also because they are fucking incredible, youre welcome rest of the world
>invent better system that changes gears for you, system is so much better it becomes the norm and people stop needing to know manual
>rest of the world is poor and shitty and shames you for having better things.

OP it confuses Americans the same way old technology would confuse anyone who only knows the newer, better system. Your transmissions are inferior and will be extinct soon.

Dicksuck, Nebraska

man you sure love saying faggot huh
just found out about Sup Forums you old smelly hilbilly 50 year old fuck?

>only manual

>be american
>pull out portable jump starter because I'm not europoor
>engine magically starts
>took 15 seconds.

>Be you
>too stupid to figure out easier, simpler car model
>Go back to primitive britbong stone wheel and cart
Literal Retard

kek

Calm down, faggot.

Don't get me wrong, every time I drive an automatic, I hit the brake a couple times aiming for the clutch.

That's just stupid, user. I drive a stick, and I never have a problem with automatics.

>muh manual master race
>iunno how car works, just push it a while I guess.

And yea, like other user said, I just carry a starter/aircompressor combo because I don't have to boil bark for sustenance

>"automatics are for children who can't figure out how to actually drive!"
>can't figure out the simpler driver-experience system

You're just a fucking moron.

I've driven an automatic maybe 10 times in my entire life.

I drive them when traveling. Not a lot of manual rentals.

I've seen vids of Ausifags and Eurotrash that can't work the stick either. It's this modern generation, has nothing to do with country of origin.

I can drive both, and since I don't do stupid shit like drifting and drag racing in my vehicles, I prefer automatic. To me operating a manual is like knowing how to work a rotary dial phone, nice to know but unnecessary to my life.

> thinks using a rotary phone is a special skill that people have to learn.

They sure do break. I work at a Nissan dealer, and the ammount of CVT replacements we do is amazing. Average about 20/ month.
However, they are incredibly smooth and efficient when they do work.

Of course you'd have to learn it. Were you born with the dexterity an knowledge of numbers to do it? I never said it was hard to master.

Would you like to know why l can't drive this kinda car? l'm used to luxury cars.
Have you ever heard of a luxury car? Ever heard of Cadillac, Cadillac Eldorado? That's what l drive.
l drive cars that shift themselves.
My cars shift themselves.

The luxury cars, they shift themselves.

> confuses basic motor skills with having to specifically learn a skill

> nigger detected

LOL. People pay a lot of money for manual luxury cars buddyyyyy

It doesn't. Next.....

At least 90% of people in this thread who say manuals suck, cannot actually drive a manual.Lol

Let's see, what do you have to do to shift a gear? Stomp your left foot and push a lever to a number 1 higher or 1 lower. The only skill here requiring any practice is finding out how hard to stomp on the pedal. I learned manual on my motorcycle. Adding the shift lever to that in a car isn't the rocket science you seem to think it is

Dude, you compared it to putting your finger in a dial and moving it in a circle. I never said that driving a stick was hard, just that it's an actual skill that require practice. You just compared it to a non-skill.

yeah, white people are weird. like, why do britbongs eat this as a mainstream meal?
its a crisp butty for anyone who is curious

Nothing to do with confusion mate, it's just easier to eat a burger and wash it down with half a gallon of coke if you're not having to change gear

A lot of people don't know how to drive a manual, so it kills the resale value.

Paddle shifters perform better than a normal manual anyways. There's no reason to get one these days.

it;s a bit more involved. the timing is important and takes practice; you could grind gears, roll backwards, stall, etc if you fuck it up. then you also have to know what gear for what speeds, because you can't just brake in gear then resume in the same gear at a much different speed.
it sounds like motorcycles are different, or youre lying.
-another american that drives stick

not a very good comparison. Manual is only kind of better than auto

the luxury cars, they shift themselves.

Timing only matters when you shift without the clutch. Manuals haven't been difficult to learn or drive for 60+ years.

Sometimes I wonder if europoors know that up until the 90s everybody here in the US used stick.

We drive automatic because we can easily afford it, why drive a manual unless your car is also a hobby or you like the feel of it?

Ironically, European manufacturers are starting to drop manual transmissions

the fuck are you talking about. the clutch pedal on a manual car has to be released at a certain point, you can't just stomp and release, it has to be timed right. maybe not on the new fake manuals, but a real clutch pedal definitely

You're off by a bit. People were shifting to automatics in the 1960s, then switched back to manuals with the 1970s oil crisis (because better mileage), then flipped back to automatics when that stopped mattering.