Has Sup Forums ever been ina mental hospital?

Has Sup Forums ever been ina mental hospital?

How was like?
Why you were there?
You saw some creepy or spooky shit?

Bump

I've been to one twice. Two very different experiences due to the fact that the first time I went, I was underage, and the second time I was an adult. Both for suicide attempts.

When I went the first time I was showed much sympathy and was treated with the utmost care. The nurses babied me, they were all like Mothers to me who loved me very much, they wouldnt leave me alone. Woke me up in the mornings for breakfast and if I didnt leave my room they'd bring it to me and sit and talk with me. The doctor seemed to have made it his life's goal to get me better.

Fast forward to when I was 24 I go in for a suicide attempt. (To the same place mind you) and I was treated like a dangerous rapist. It was literally like Jail-Lite. The Nurses didnt give a shit about me and I was pretty much ignored unless I went up to the front desk and stood there for 5 minutes. The whole time I felt like I had done something horribly wrong and was being punished.

Its no wonder people try to stay out of those places. I understand why now. Once you become an adult no one gives a shit about you. Suck it up and go to work or kill yourself somewhere where someone doesnt have to clean up your fucking mess.

when i was 12. it wasnt a hospital like that, it waspretty fucked up though. lot of fucked up kids in there and rampant pedophilia. i remember a lot of needles in my first week or so there.. for some reason. fuck them

I tried to kill myself like 16 years ago and I was meant to be admitted to a mental hospital but I flat out refused and I never ended up going there.

I had to get a close friend of mine admitted once and it was the worst experience of my life, he went mental from ketamine use and he went literally fucking MENTAL, was living on my sofa for a few months and he didn't get any better and it's the only thing we could do for him.
I couldn't even visit him apart from once... I didn't want to see a close friend of mine in a place like that even though he probably needed me to see him for some sort of normality.

I work in a hospital with a mental wing. The patients get treated like ghosts and as if they aren't humans, hate that staff.

boring as shit, sometimes get medication. nothing to do but sleep, eat, TV, and like an hour of therapy a day. sucks ass. some nurse has to look at your dick before youre admitted.

>some nurse has to look at your dick before youre admitted.
Lol,why?

Yes for two instances. One I loss excessive amounts of sleep because of school and my studies. Second time it was just redundant and I was being abused. Mental wards suck because some kids end up there for the dumbest reasons, and you meet some weird people. Its sucks even more because one you come back, people at school look at you like a ghost.

Terence Mckenna said that the environments are designed to make and keep you crazy.

Hey,
please never do this just stay alive, there will be always ppl who will love you aswell,

If you are dead you cannot eat and play games :D

start a community of Sup Forums weirdos. all get on SSD or SSI and rent and share a mansion.

>no work
>good life

:D

>How was like?
Comfy, good food, friendly staff. Was unhappy not being able to leave, feeling like a prisoner though. Also didn't like that I was forced to attend sessions to be allowed release. I mean I get the shit but fuck.
>Why you were there?
I have schizophrenia. It wasn't bad until my weed smoking triggered it. Had been smoking a few years, but depression had me going through a gram of shatter every couple of days. Then I stopped eating, blood sugar dropped to 50, and I was hallucinating hard. Thought the world was ending, aliens were gonna destroy our shit, got super wrapped up in conspiracy theories, started hearing "God" through people (people were responding to the thoughts in my head), and he made it out like I was supposed to be like Neo from the matrix or whatever and man up to save humanity from our alien slave keepers. Thankfully my brain is mostly fixed now since I got my nutrition in check and stopped smoking. I also learned that drinking can effectively stop my hallucinatory states.
>You saw some creepy or spooky shit?
Saw a dude flip his lid and get violent, got taken down by the guards. Also met this Native American princess who had mental disorders, was wheelchair bound, and had spent her life being passed between guardians, sexually abused, mistreated, etc. Poor girl.

There are some truths in that, I can definitely reconcile with. But thank God that I made out okay. My parents cared enough for me to abstain from any kind of prescription drugs as I truly didn't need them. I guess it boils down to; how tough your mind is because its incredibly fucked up being in those stances. I just wish those 2-3 weeks of me being hospitalized were better spent living life. I could've enjoyed hs more honestly. The worst part is that some of my old friends think that I'm the type to use depression as a means for pity, which is clearly untrue. Im far better now, but my relationships would've been improved if I never got sent in the first place. It really sucks being held back.

>some nurse has to look at your dick before youre admitted.

Dafuq.

>spooky shit
holy fuck dude its so scary. This one time there was this chick who was literally insane, and they tied her down to a chair and forced her to watch family movies. This went on for a good 4 hours during the night and I felt like I was at a prison camp. The nurses wondered why I had trouble sleeping at night and I couldn't say shit.

5 or 6 times, multiple hospitals

my only complaint is how boring it is.

90%+ of the time you're not doing anything, but you can't even have a phone/gameboy/your own fucking books, couldn't even smoke at one of the hospitals you had to go cold turkey

LOL why do they need to see your dick before you get admitted im intrigued to know

Yeah it is 6 times.

When I was waiting in a holding area of the hospital waiting to get into the actual psych ward a couple of the staff were cunts (all shitskins).

Almost all of the staff at every hospital was VERY nice.

I've been to 3 different hospitals none made you get naked, down to boxers was the most at one of the places

yeah so have i, i don't recall ever having to be naked ever

>Has Sup Forums ever been ina mental hospital?
yes multiple times
>How was like?
kinda depressing
>Why you were there?
I was a paramedic and had some patients which had to be admitted
>You saw some creepy or spooky shit?
Only one time. A huge guy (like 7 feet tall) with weird glasses, wearing a bathrobe who steared at me.

Eh not to bad if you're in the adolescent wing. Can't speak for adult wing tho. Went to YPI for suicide 2-3 years ago back in Feb. 2015

>some nurse has to look at your dick before youre admitted

I conclude that the nurse was horny and wanted to see user's dick, so she/he took advantage of user's vunerable mentally weak self

I wish I could be permanently committed to a place. I can't take care of myself. If it is as nice as the ones I've been to it would be better than being homeless in the fetal position starving to death. Only thing I wish I could do was use the internet.

this is one i've been to

lol silver hill i read that as silent hill at first i was like shiiieeeettt

Kinda hot

I ended up in a mental hospital for about 2 months or so after a long period of depression and a suicide attempt.

For some reason I ended up in the psychosis ward rather than the depression ward and I got to see some really lulzy people there, but also sadness.

One I went to.

I went to a mental ward when I was 17. I met a fuckbuddy there, didn't fix any of my problems. I'm still with said fuckbuddy.
Quirky as hell.

Pt1/2
I got sent to a few when i was 15. I have adhd and got bullied really bad. Dexedrine through puberty + all the bad feels turned into me being on antidepressents then antipsychotics pretty quick. After not too long i wasn't fit to live in a normal home after a lot of explosive incidents... One day i pushed my sister, not even hard and that was it for my mom. She called the police and they arrested me for assault.

I ended up in some young offenders jail thing then was released into a group home and ran away then ended up in a mental hospital cause they found me by train tracks broken down and really fucked up emotionally. They pumped me full of more shit then sent me back to another youth jail. When i got out of there they sent me to another group home and I tried to end it but they caught me and stopped me so I ended up in another hospital. Apparently attempted suicide is a breach of the conditions set by the judge so back to another jail place...

Ended up in another group home until a really serious hospital could take me. They took me off all the meds and i talked to a psychologist a lot. They determined I never had bipolar just adhd and the pills caused it all. It wasn't just that though... Being in all these shitty places with such strict rules, policies really... They were so inhuman and clinical. It taught me too behave in a normal household setting and to be understand that compared to being on lockdown my mom was actually really easy going.

Pt2/2
Going to a mental hospital is aweful. It makes you accept that you're fucked up and that will make things worse for you in a way. I was really messed up when i went through all that shit. If it never happened things might not have ever changed for me though. When i got back there was still bullying but it wasnt as bad and I was stronger from my experience and less emotionally weak from being off all the mood altering substances I was forced to take.

Since i went my mom let me live back at home. I finished high school. Made friends. Had a few girlfriends. Put myself through college. Got a good job. Fucked my way through a bunch of different females. Found a girl and lived with her. We bought a house together this year. I feel so lucky... When I think back to how hopeless things seemed... I always thought I'd kill myself and everyone would be glad I was gone. I couldn't have been more wrong.

>Hang in there
>try to grow as a person and learn what you can do to make your life better.
>you are loved

I'm 29 now.

Same Sup Forumsro. And good luck to you. I'm still in the process of finding my way in life. Hope I can be as lucky as you.

Cool story and nice dubs.

was in a fairly low-security psych ward for one week when i was 25

they had security, but there was no doubt in my mind that i could have just got up and walked out of the building without anyone noticing. the problem with doing that is that there was nowhere for me to go to

(this was in a town 90 minutes away from where i actually lived, there's no public transport between the two towns, and i don't have a driver's license)

also if you leave without permission they can get the police to arrest you and bring you back, and then you're stuck in there for even longer

most of the time it was just boring. there was approx 7 or 8 other people there, mostly geriatrics.
one old guy was constantly tapping spoons on the communal table. he never spoke to anyone, he just only tapped spoons all day

nothing exciting happened. an old woman accused me of being in her room (it was actually the other way round; she was in mine) and i told her to get out. She went out into the hallway and pissed on the floor

there's no privacy and you have to ask to borrow a razor if you want to shave.
they check your room during the night to make sure you are in there and are not doing anything wrong

Ive got send there because my psychodoc said Im a "thread to myself and others". Sucks to be there. Ive read a lot but youre not allowed to have any electronics tho. Just dont take the meds, they dont want you to be awake or active so they just give you stuff so that you sleep all the time. Second time i got there was less fun because they made sure i took all the pills and had no fun whatsoever

Just keep trying. The thing that keeps me going is that I survived it. It'll probably be the worst stage of your life and it's behind you now. Everything else is easy (not easy but definitely would be hard to compare to the difficulty of that stage of our lives).

Oh yeah and the spooky shit was why i was in there btw. So yeah...check that too

Wouldnt

>kill yourself somewhere where someone doesnt have to clean up your fucking mess.

got an idea where would be ideal?

Countryside.

No, do it and make a mess.
Cleanup crew is a 30/hr wage.

This is England that'll be easy.

Jump off Grand Canyon? Always thought pushing someone would be best way to get away with murder. It's remote and no one could ever prove it was you. You could say they slipped. Probably fine for suicide, and great view.

Bitch friend thought I wanted to kill myself because things were bad in my life, called 911. I was unaware and about to go to bed. Cops and EMT arrive, say I can go to hospital or jail (suicide is illegal). I chose hospital. Patients were really nice, admins were total cunts, nurses were polite but strictly business, shrinks were nice, doctors (psychiatrists, physicians, etc) were washed up niggerfaggots. Basically it was like prison light, I was worried about going homeless because I wasn't allowed to manage my outside affairs like bill arrangements and I had no family. They weren't there to help, just make money by satisfying legal mandates. Gave me drugs that made me feel fucky. Got a $15k bill I never paid because I couldn't. Official paperwork said I was admitted for attempted suicide even though I told probably a dozen people I had zero intention to and there's no supporting evidence for it.

So basically I feel like I was ripped out of my home for no reason, thrown in a cage, then given a xboxhueg bill for fucking nothing. The only thing I learned is that if you ever want to actually kill yourself, don't give any one a reason to think you will and don't fuck it up.

I too have schizophrenia and it was triggered through weed use, do you take medication? I'm dealing with some pretty shitty side effects like emotional numbing, mental blunting, difficulty orgasming and when I do I don't ejaculate, and difficulty playing and focusing on video games which is all I can fucking do while I sit at home collecting autismbux.

And to keep it relevant I've been to many psych wards over the years and there's two very different wards depending on whether you have insurance or not. If you have insurance it's like you're living in a hotel with food brought to you and tv and even once had a pc to fk around on. With no insurance it's like a white walled jail, and they treat you like a dog.

actually had this happen even at the time i was like this isnt necessary i know somethings up with this..

No I faked my way out and don't take meds. I just drink heavily and try to forget the fact that life was almost interesting until realizing my delusions were just that.

I was depressed through junior to senior year of high school. I was blissfully unaware of my social status/life, as I was still a child at heart. Basically all through junior year I slowly realized I had no really close friends, I spent most of my time alone, and I was used a lot by other people.

I went to a summer program for music at Berklee, and long story short it was the best week of my life. I felt like I had real friends, and I felt like I belonged somewhere for the first time in my life. The program was only 5 days long, and at the end of it I felt incredibly alone. All of my new friends were gone, and I spent the rest of the summer in my room, sometimes not sleeping for a few days, just rotting away.

pt 1/2

I met some chick that lit her dog on fire and threw it threw it out the window!

Where do you live?

I wish the best of luck to you user, I hear your brain gets fked the more psychotic breaks you have while not on medication. I'd stop taking meds too but every time I do I have a psychotic break and end up in the hospital. I feel even tho the side effects crush me I fear the alternative. Like I would walk in the middle of the road thinking I was invincible and would almost get run over and shit. But idk maybe I have a worse case of schizophrenia than you do

read the side effects of pills like chlonazepam and rethink your statement

I wish the same for you. And probably. When I smoked I go back to full blown voices and thought projection and whatnot. As long as I don't smoke I just have occasional suspicions when I notice things that strike me as "glitch in the matrix"-y.

Fucking boring as shit.
Suicide attempt.
Nope. Just bored out of my fucking tree. Only so many times you can play Solitaire.

When school started in August (senior year) I only got 2-5 hours of sleep every night until December. I was literally going insane, and eventually I had planned to hang myself by the pond near my house. I wrote a note for my friends and family (which I still have), and then one day in school I was called down to the office because one of my friends had reported I was suicidal/depressed. When my parents found out they brought me to my psychiatrist (which I had had since 7th grade, because I missed a lot of school due to illness and they thought I needed someone to talk to) and she forced me to go down to the emergency room and then to a mental hospital.

My first time there was.. rather interesting. I was really afraid of everyone and everything, I was mad at my parents and the doctors for making me go there. There was basically therapy all day and most of the nurses were rather nice. Definitely quite a few assholes, but I ignored there snide comments and eventually they were nice to me as well. I thought things would change once I got out but it honestly made me 10 times worse.

If anyone cares enough I'll continue my story to the second time I had to go.

The fuck are you talking about clonazepam isn't an antipsychotic it's for muscle disorders

continue?

They are much more well lit than your pic except after 9pm. Also orderlies and nurses would be in hallways.