The songs all sound the same: A fucking wall of sound with zero dynamics that crushes your ears...

The songs all sound the same: A fucking wall of sound with zero dynamics that crushes your ears. And Sup Forums always claims that it needs to be played loud. The album is loud by itself for fuck sake, good luck with your tinnitus. This album is absolute dogshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think it's dogshit, but it's definitely incredibly overrated. Just like SILY. 4 or 5/10

Come In Alone is one of the most accessible song in it. Give it a try again.

To Here Knows When is the greatest song ever.

The pleb filter is working as intended

>Loveless and Since I Left You
>4 or 5 out of 10
Genuinely curious what albums merit a 7 or an 8 from you, user.

Explain what's good about this album

We literally get this thread every other day. You aren't special or anything.

it's gateway into merzbow, which, as we all know, is the pinnacle of avant garde music

Look, maybe you should try listening to an album more than one time before you decide to make a thread about it. Friendly advice

the textures and experimentation and reinvention of the guitar

what your favorite album

Having a wall of sound with one or two textures crushing everything is not reinvention, is literally regression

I don't have a favourite album.

I'm just stating why i don't think this album is that great. It's called having an opinion and express it. Not trying to be special or anything.

I learned this years ago, thanks.

Yes this is true. Why do people think When You Sleep is the greatest?

To Here Knows When is the most relaxing song ever to me

Shields' songwriting and playing consists of diatonic modulation and effect pedals which contributes to an otherworldly effect through syncopation on songs like I Only Said.

Songs like To Here Knows When allow you to get lost in the music through a false phase effect. It is stretched to over five minutes to give it an almost minimalist vibe to the music. You can easily get caught under the wave of sound if you stop focusing on a particular instrument. It's soothing if you're not immediately weirded out by the music.

>one or two textures

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY

I Only Said is the only song I remember really liking in this album

>The songs all sound the same
>A fucking wall of sound with zero dynamics that crushes your ears
How many times have you listened to it?
>Sup Forums always claims that it needs to be played loud
No it doesn't, it's just easier to hear the textures and chord progression and what not. I prefer it at medium volume.

might be true