Explain

Explain.

Oedipus, hands, wombs, god, ???

Neon lights and Refn's waifu.

Only

Refn wanted Gundams. Ain't gotta explain shit.

His arms are an extension of his Dick, he's impotent which may be related to a possible incestuous relationship with his mother, Chang is a mystical figure who's conflicted about using violence to keep the streets safe, he uses karaoke as à catharsis.

It's inspired by Greek tragedy and psychoanalysis.

Does anybody have the photo of Refn with the caption "Is the coconut giving you trouble?"

I want more pictures like this, preferably in HD.

...I'm not even gay but for some reason these two kissing is making me feel happy.

Refn's next movie is a Gundam movie.

most unintentionally cringe worthy movie of all time

You best be joking, fucker!

The film?
>man is forced into taking revenge for his brother's death by his mother, decides to instead show mercy and repents for his sins, has his arms cut off to symbolize him moving forward in a new direction with his life

The reception?
>plebs can't into films without unnecessary dialogue and are angered by the fact that it isn't Drive 2

pure kino desu senpai

So is this movie proper kino, or is it one of those shitty inept pseudo-artistic movies that only plebs who want to look like they know kino but who actually don't know anything about kino say is kino?

It's the first artfilm the majority of the 16 year old redditors on this board watched. it's got pretty colors and nice shots so they think because of this it's some incredible and genius piece of cinema. it's not. just because a film is hard to decipher (this isn't) and it's got pretty cinematography doesn't mean it's kino.

it's just a pretty and stylish movie. it's fine for what it is. but people, specifically the underage faggots here, like to feel superior.

Your description of it is pretty close to what I imagined it would be.

I'll pass on it for the time being.

the policeman is the main character in any cop or hero movie, taking out the bad guys except for one who had some humanity left.
the cop is also an agent of god, trying to purify the streets from the devil's influence

>It's the first artfilm the majority of the 16 year old redditors on this board watched.

Which was your first 9gag'er?

autism

>Wants to be a contrarian cunt
>Uses the word "redditor" to prove his point
>Doesn't give any argument.

That would be awesome. Finally someone would show Bay how to do giant robot kino. No, Pacific Rim is not robot kino. It's robot cinema at best.

It was allright except for the ending.
It was actually kind of punk.
>Fuck you narrative resolution.
>Fuck you audience

I mean Refn could have been a mainstream Hollywood director after Drive, but he had the integrity, the gall to make a "Fuck You" movie.
We don't need another talented director to be pushed through the Hollywood sausage press.

I genuinely think it would have been a good movie if he has some sort of narrative resolution at the end instead of shrouding it in that anti-climactic ambiguity.

I still think the "TAKE IT OOOOOF" is one of the greatest scenes in cinema from a acting and subtext point of view. I mean the fact Gosling could seem so weak, so vulnerable when his charterer was trying to be so macho... fuck! THAT'S GOOD ACTING GOOSE!
In a single gesture it tells you everything about this character, his psychology... way way more than that elevator scene did for the Driver in Drive.
"Take it off" reveals many layers of this character, nuances to his psychology.