Why does this confuse americans?

why does this confuse americans?

Because their daddies didn't love them enough to teach them so their mothers had to teach them to drive.

Also I have never seen a 6 speed with reverse on the right side, it's normally to the left of 1st on 6 speeds.

Looks pretty simple to me. First gear, second gear, third gear etc. And I'm an American and haven't even sat behind the wheel of a car in my life.

Lolwut maybe it confuses West Coast fags who are too stoned to do anything correct but where I live and in central USA most everyone drives a standard or at least knows how

Haha thinking its that simple. You need to know what a clutch is first before you even pay attention to the gears.

I'm not confused? Does this confuse you? Pic related

why do you keep making this thread?

Isn't it the extra pedal that fucks people up?

Backhoe or forklift
There would be one for pitch yaw and the like. Or else two for the arm and bucket and the rest for the tread controls.

Itt eurofag thinking hes high and mighty for driving stick. All my previous cars have been hand me down sticks and i purposely got an automatic this time around. Sticks are outdatted and useless unless you want to pretend youre in the fast and furious movies.

ive only owned manual and been an american all my life.

that being said, new double clutch automatics are significantly better/faster than manual.

I have driven more standards than automatics, my woman has driven standard her whole life, her lil sister (17) has only driven standard

your fukin downsy if you think America is confused by standards

it varies. sometimes its 6, sometimes its 5, sometimes the reverse is on the right, sometimes its on the left

doesn't matter really T:eurofag

Double clutches are great, although not technically an automatic, because there is no torque converter *Adjusts nerd glasses*

The problem with standard autos, for me, is in the cold weather we get here. In a manual, you can drive in a higher gear than the auto would have you in, and cut down on wheel spin. Also, engine braking is a massive advantage too, when needed.

1/3rd of americans don't know the sun is a star.
Get the fuck out. you're a nation of inbred retarded mongoloid children.

As long as it has a mechanism for stopping you going into reverse by accident. I used to work in car rentals, a long time ago. One year we got in a lot of a particular type of car, where people would got into reverse by accident, and kill the car. Fun, fun times.

Horrendously expensive when they go wrong though. Heavy too.

I had a Datsun where first was down, so FUCK YOU

this

Amerifag here.

I drive a stick and I know several others who do too. Is it so hard to come up with a better lame insult for us?

I kinda enjoy the stick driving, I don't know. I admit the driving gets smoother and shit with an automatic, but I prefer the good ol' stick. Helps me staying focused.

Terrible thread, Americans love their driving. automatic transmissions don't cost more here unlike the third world so they're in everything. A better question would be why americans are confused about the metric system.

Why are you obsessed with sticking with an antiquated, manual appliance? Do you hand crank your car to start it? Do you wash your clothes on a washboard? Churn your own butter? Surf the web with Windows 95 and a modem?

It's an automobile, asshole. The word "auto" is in it's name.

I've never seen an automatic gearbox to be honest

What's wrong with Windows 95?

As far as I know, driving schools here in Finland don't teach automatics very often. Or at least you can't get a proper driver's license if you do your driving lessons with an automatic.

That aside, having driven stick all my life and recently occasionally having driven my mom's automatic, it is good for driving in the city,for shopping runs and all that. Smooth.

Wouldn't get an automatic myself for any price tho.

What's confusing about it? It's all base ten. Two and a half centimeters per inch, miles to kilometers is a 5/8 ratio, celsius freezes at 0 and boils at 100, a yard is a little less than a meter. Most Americans know that shit, the just don't fucking give a shit about the metric system.

Bitch, do you even heel toe?

No, it's just more fun than driving with an automatic. Also I live in Colorado, so having control over my gears in the mountains is clutch in a snow storm.
>pic related
>my baby
>6 speed manual

Britfag here, learnt to drive with a manual, easily passed test using a manual, only ever drove automatics since. Brainless, so simple, don't have to worry about stalling.

Mind you, I do think you're an idiot if you don't ever learn to use a manual.

Most Americans don't know that shit, you're tripping.

2468 never too late....
Because Tom Robinson

What year? I've have a 2011 cruze and the fucker is a fucking lemon. Just had AC leak two months after spending 1800 bucks fixing the turbo.

Seriously I'll never buy chevy again. Hurts me more than it'll hurt them.

>why does this confuse americans?

Why would you want to drive a manual in an hour of stop and go traffic twice a day?

I work at a GM dealership. Stay well clear of anything with the baby Ecotec 1.4 turbo engine. I've seen so many of those things with oil and coolant leaks after only 2-3 years it's ridiculous. GM can also claim "global architecture" all they want but the Cruze, Sonic, Spark (not that anyone buys those), Trax, etc. are all the same South Korean Daewoo garbage they've been passing off as Chevy's since the buyout. When buying a Chevy, do NOT look at anything less than a Malibu in the lineup.

Of all the things you can hold against Americans, their preference for automatic gearboxes should be pretty low on the list.

Americans are fucking retarded that's why

Its funny that as a nation of mongoloids, we could kick your fucking ass. Imagine that. Mongoloid children just beating the shit out of you and your countrymen. Fucking you all up in the streets. Ah, the dream.

because these threads are stupid

>When buying a Chevy, do NOT look at anything less than a Malibu in the lineup.

Forgot to mention, avoid the 1.5 Ecotec in the Malibu. It's too much car for that engine and they have a habit of self destructing.

It won't exist in 20 years so it doesn't matter. As we migrate to EV nobody will be changing gears.

itt: 18yo eurodudes who think they're cooool cause they just learnt how to drive a manual

(btw, i'm european, drove a manual for a long time and ditched it for an auto…)

Doesn't confuse us we just are with modern technology not being cheap and getting a old ass car that's still stick it's called money faggots

This is nothing. Americans cant even handle subtitles. No dub, no watch

>Post
False faggot

>Itt eurofag thinking hes high and mighty for driving stick. All my previous cars have been hand me down sticks and i purposely got an automatic this time around. Sticks are outdatted and useless unless you want to pretend youre in the fast and furious movies.

Lol that's how bad americans are at driving, thinking you get a better experience with automatic transmissions.

They are the reason that the sub vs dub debate even exist in the first place. Wich is retarded because subs are obviously superior

why does this confuse Eurofags?

I get it. Thanks, Op.

Try France. Everything is dubbed. It is horrible.

Funnier was a business trip I took to Lithuania. Had time to kill, so I went to see that "Clint Eastwood war movie". Made sure to check it was subtitles, and not dubbed. They confirmed it was subtitled.

Turns out I mixed up Flags of Our Fathers, and Letters from Iwo Jima. So it was Japanese audio, and Lithuanian Subtitles.

Because you are not part of a well regulated militia?

Doesn't confuse us at all. On the other hand, Amerifags get confused to the point of being completely unable to read the first two lines. Why is that ?

>tfw this will be listed as "optional" in a few years.

Hey, at least you tried... but "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

mines got reverse to the right with 6 speed. I personally don't like it because if the reverse lockout solenoid ever goes out or doesn't engage and i'm flying down a highway in fourth and go for fifth and miss i'm in reverse. I'd rather it be to the left.

I bet your drive is pretty boring too, probably sit and play on your phone while driving. To those that still drive manuals its more about the feel, you'r not so diconnected from the car, know the car better, what it likes and doesn't like.

don't live somewhere with stop and go traffic?

I won't even look at a car if it doesn't have a manual option. I'm not talking the double clutch bulshit i mean a full on only manual transmission.

it means that should the right of the citizens to keep and bear arms be placed in jeopardy, that those very citizens should form a militia in order to protect their already established right.

Because killing bears for their arms is just cruel and unnecessary, you fat fuck

I know not a single person who can't drive a manual, how did this myth begin?

because americans are stupid.

my current truck is automatic trans. i couldn't find a new one with manual trans. it would have been special order and take 30 to 60 days before i could take delivery.

i hate automatic transmissions.

Jealousy that Americans are objectively superior in every way possible so they literally make shit up instead

Thays obvoiusly a combination lock . What could be so confusing about this, you unlock your car and you go.

[Confused grinding]

2018 F150s are going to have 10sp automatics
why use outdated technology?

jfc, dude..are you seriously pulling for automatic transmissions? I'm at a loss for where to begin pointing out all the ways in which you're a fucking idiot

If this isn't a double clutch, the shift time could be annoying.

Not confused yuropoor

You act like its the first

At least it is a metric number of gears.

>yuropoor
>posts filthy piss poor car interior
kek

it doesn't. i have only driven manual transmission vehicles. The brakes are fucked up and stupid on automatics and it makes you drive like a fat lazy retard.

My company only buys 3 stick case backhos, and I can operate those as well.

>americans

okay bud.

Not amerifag, but why would auto shift confuse anyone?

Clean your car you disgusting fat fuck.
Americans fam smh

I have one hand on the wheel, other hand is holding my doobie so i need the autoshift

hes supposed to post a picture of the petal setup, which is how the thread has been for the last 10 years, but hes new as fuck and not afraid to let everyone know

why does this confuse americans?

gr8 b8 m8

Because that shit is 15 years obsolete.

Because cars can do that for us now. We don't have to bother.

What kind of horse is this?

petal setup?

Well, as everything goes electric, the traditional auto and manual will both go out the door. Part of me will be sad that day.

True. My dad is a bum and I can't drive stick.

>Don't have to bother

>Lighter
>Fewer moving parts
>More efficient
>Fun to drive

EPA estimates for manual transmissions generally place the fuel economy noticeably higher than automatic counterparts. The 0-60 times are almost always better, the engine is generally capable of getting more power to the wheels, and the RPM band isn't being watered down.

Amerifag here, and I refuse to buy an automatic, because I believe they are a cancer that is killing the automotive industry for car enthusiasts. I'd rather have an electric than an automatic gas.

>car enthusiasts
you mean FAGS?

Your bait is bad and you should feel bad.

it doesn't.

Fuckin owned

Now if only you wouldn't have those moronic speed limits that are higher in almost every other country, your argument might be valid.

It confuses me why anyone is retarded enough to drive a manual. There is absolutely no way that manual is better and many ways where it's worse, and yet people spend thousands of dollars on clearly inferior cars. Not only that, but manual cars are more expensive.

Around half of everyone in Midwest can drive one, the statistic is that only 3% of people DO. It's a misnomer.

what? everybody i know; knows that. are you retarded? must be nice living in an ignorant paradise. stop watching so much t.v kid

I'm more likely to give a shit about what an ant thinks of me than what a fucking piece of eurotrash thinks. Am i supposed to give a fuck? Kys

>manual cars are more expensive
in what universe?

Is this a shifter car? I cannot drive a shifter car, alright, so we got a little situation here. I can't drive these kinda cars! What the fuck is goin' on! You think that's funny? Would you like to know, smartass? Would you like to know why I can't drive this kinda car? I'll tell you why, I'm used to *luxury* cars. Have you ever heard of a luxury car? You know what luxury means? Ever heard of Cadillac, Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that *shift* themselves.

The luxury cars, they *shift* themselves.

Just teach yourselves... Your grandparents had to learn it and its extremely easy to drive manual with a car after the 80s

Non-american here

why anyone would want to drive a manual over an Auto for day to day use is beyond me.

I fucking love my auto, I can just put some music on, wind the windows down, and chill the fuck out as I drive.

Worst bait in a minute

ancient technology is ancient.
and wears down the tranny faster stick plebs