>rock music

who cares

larks, never really cared for red

larks tongues in aspic
exiles is too good

probably red

no song on larks' is as good as starless or one more red nightmare

Red

All their albums before were just intro/verse/chorus pop music with long instrumental sections. Red is where they get heavy and structurally interesting as well.

Wtf I was literally having a convo with my parents about this probably around the time this thread was posted. Me and my dad both agree Red

Larks

>the ijlntro and riff to ltia pt1
How could anyone choose Red

Intro* tf

Out of those two, Red.

But pic related is my favorite KC project

Red

Tough. Lark's part 1 and 2 are amazing. The only song I dislike is Easy Money. I'd say tie. Discipline is underrated. Just as good or better than Lark's and Red

Lark's

How does one dislike Easy Money?

hey bb, check this shit out, I just got it delivered a couple weeks ago.

ooooh shit, where'd you get that? looks awesome

It's the Steven Wilson remaster collection, got it from his website. Has Discipline, Beat, and three of a perfect pair, plus like 14 or so live concerts all remastered. Also has dvd audio and blu-ray audio of the main three albums in 24/96 and stereo/5.1 respectively. It sounds so nice im able to hear all the imperfections in my sennheiser 598hd 's. Im looking into getting a better pair of headphones specifically for these recordings

SAME. Only track on Red I like is Starless

red by far

>sold out

Red's title track is so much better than the rest of the album

I would like prog a lot more if it was primarily an instrumental genre

holy shit, sounds amazing. I'm gonna have to search for those remasters. hopefully they'll push my sennheiser hd700s to the limit

Starless is better than anything on Lark's, but Lark's as a whole is better.

The important part of it is still for sale though, the dvd/bluray audio of discipline/beat/toapp. The rest of the live recording remasters are not done by Steven Wilson and I think you can get them from dgm live. Also the dvd/blurays have some live shows in 24/48

Also the mlp files i ripped from the dvds are like 100mb for 5 minutes. Frame by frame is 108mb

This

I second this

Why aren't these albums streaming anywhere?

>All their albums before were just intro/verse/chorus pop music with long instrumental sections. Red is where they get heavy and structurally interesting as well.
Have you heard Larks' Tongues or Starless and Bible Black? Or even Lizard for that matter?
Over half of Larks' is instrumental and a good portion is improvised besides some themes they use.
'Long instrumental sections' is a vast understatement to the complexity of some of their songs.

Funny you mention those, they are the headphones i was planning on getting.

send me an email at [email protected] (guerilla mail) if you want a mega link to the dvd audio of frame by frame. I'll have that email for the next hour

Because Fripp logic

Why doesn't the Frippster want as many people as possible to listen to his music? I'm a law abiding citizen, and I want to listen to both of these albums, but I have higher priorities than spending $20 for them. I'd be more than happy to stream them both. He'd make money from that. A very tiny amount, but probably not much smaller than if I bought the albums. Plus, with more people listening, he'd probably make more money that way.

hes old school, doesn't really understand. He's started to embrace it, I think, as he put out an album on spotify. It's one of their new recordings though and none of their studio stuff. I think he's still salty over that kanye business

I don't know, live versions of their stuff are available on YouTube but the live versions often surpass the studio ones, and it's always a little disappointing when you physically get the album

am i allowed to post a mega link here? I don't know if that is bannable

I heard from somewhere that he's gonna put some KC stuff on spotify soon. Don't know how true that is though

>I think he's still salty over that kanye business
Oh, is he not fond of being sampled on one of the all time GOAT hip hop albums?

it's not bannable, we have sharethreads all the time

what did you upload?

>implying mbdtf even comes close to late registration or dropout

haven't been on Sup Forums in a while, wasn't sure if the rules changed at all

mega.nz/#!oX5TTAaI!7cFmA4DMjtHWm5q0i0Oht86AX5cJuetj65kLx0Wao8Q

this is the 24/96 stereo Steven Wilson remaster of Frame by Frame. I looked all over the fucking place for his remasters online in lossless, but they are nowhere.

file is mlp. it's kind of a weird format, but i didn't want to compress the files at all, even lossless-ly. I'm able to play it with vlc

thanks for the share

it sounds a lot cleaner, but the guitars don't sound as raw as the original, which i liked

That doesn't change the fact that it's much simpler structurally, and honestly even harmonically once you peep their note choices and how those progress.

Red is the better album, Lark's Tongues is the better song.

Red is just so tight and consistent. I love larks, but it wanders a bit; not every track is as interesting as the others. Red also has starless.

Fripp is a fucking spazz. He won't even let any of his album artwork be uploaded onto last.fm