What am I in for?

I know the twist.

A mediocre experience. One again a perfect cast is wasted on a dub par plot written to appease action fans instead of Star Trek fans.

>MY NAME IS KHAN

literal DUN DUN DUUUNNN reveal music

except there's been no mention of this character before now, so it's a reveal of nothing, he could have said my name is dan schneider and the film would have been the same (or improved)

if you were a normie that didn't know old star trek it was meaningless.

>he screamed Khan!!! I recognize that from family guy lol!

>Appease Action Fans
>Implying this piece of shit can appease anyone
That's mighty little faith you have in Action Fans.

Also
>dub par plot
>77
Checked

I watched it for the first time a couple months ago, never knowing that Spock dies
I legit thought they really killed him off and that he wouldn't be featured in the 3rd film.

Call me a pleb but it's nice to sometimes watch a movie not knowing the ultimate twist and being shocked by it

sorry that wasn't the ultimate twist. the ultimate twist was with Dr Strange which we all knew

Definitely not Kahn

You're talking about Star Trek 2, right?

Because Kirk "dies" for 45 seconds in Into Darkness.

It's great if you're a woman or a brainless idiot of some other kind

>guys it's totally not Khan I swear
>It's Khan
Fucking JJ

>Kirk
Sorry I messed up the names. I am not Trek fan nor seen any of the old movies

>entire plot ripped from Wrath of Khan with the end twist death flipped, a retarded love subplot with Spock and an autistic three stooges-tier plot to hide people in missles.

Just watch Wrath of Khan, it is a near perfect Star Trek movie if not THE best Star Trek movie ever written

Why is Sup Forums always right? I didn't want to live in this reality.

But Kirk doesn't die in Into Darkness?

What does any of this have to do with Sup Forums?

best kahn

Then you'll be the half of the audience confused by many of the scenes, no doubt wondering what they're referencing at any given time. I honestly am not sure if this movie is better or worse if you're actually a fan.

He Harry Potter dies

Shiftlessness of Judaism etc.

As a fan who grew up with TNG, Voyager and the Next Gen and TOS films, it is worse...

>Dub par
>those digits

Wow, how far did you have to look for that straw diet stormfag?

so kill yourself. it's difficult to imagine anyone missing you

ehh not really

there is no DUN DUN DUNN in the movie
if you didn't know about khan beforehand, the movie doesn't force it unto you (aside from the conversation between Spocks)

This doesnt actually answer my question

>best scenes in the first two JJbrams Star Treks are with both Spocks.
>Into Darkness shits itself, thinking that the torch is already passed, so is afraid to feature more Nimoy

Woah lads, we cant have our new Trek normie films explore anything boring like introspective concepts of self identity or multiple universes or other nerd stuff...just plop Nimoy in to spoonfeed the audience on who Khan is and make the ending "big bad federation militant goes rogue" to wrap ip up with an explosion.

I'm 60 minutes in and so far it's not worse than the 2009 one.Action scenes are still shit, the romance between Spock and the black chick is still forced but casting is almost perfect and Cucumberbach looks like a villain with potential.I have 1 question though, Scotty's alienbro can't talk, right?

no he can't
and the first 60 mins are the better part of the movie in my opinion

Heh, I was just pretending kiddos

peter weller almost carries this movie

Heh, yep, you got me, here I am, laffin

You are the only one

There is literally a musical swell when he reveals his name.

Usually I find attempts like these cheap but that ''Mr. Spock'' line was good and fuck me Cumbucket is charismatic.I really want to see Dr. Strange now.

he looks like such a weird fucking alien meme dude when you see still pictures of him, but in action he does have a lot of charisma yeah.

would have just preferred if he wasn't khan in this for the shitty fanservice and an original character instead.

8 minutes after wroting this Cumberchad made me eat my word.Now he acts like an autist.I think it's an homage to the original Khan character but now it's just weird.

DAE keep thinking this is a superman poster

It wasn't really fan service. The entire new trek verse is an alternative history, so it'd make sense to see elements of the other time line here. I thought it was neat and don't get why people are so pissy about muh rehash trek movie

>borrow almost beat for beat the same plot of Wrath of Khan
>rehash (yes, a literal rehashing) Star Trek's most iconic villain.
>constant normie-tier callbacks to the original films
>same "twist" only reversed for muh nostalgia and pottery

"This isnt fanservice"

*original films and shows

Because it is a rehash...its the textbook rehash skirting under "le alternate timeline" to avoid these very criticisms and lack of actual content

That short white haired chick is hot.I hope she has a bigger role in the third one.

alice eve?

yeah she was good dix candy, and annoyed sjws because that's all that she was, everybody wins.

Sure thing nerd

>that dead space 2 space suit flight through the wreckage

I enjoyed that, mostly because of dead space 2, but yeah, and mccoy's metaphors.

Which Star Trek was it that had the villain from the past hellbent on revenge? I can't recall.

Star Trek 2.

I feel like the way you phrased it, it could be a joke.

>TMP: Ancient probe coming and hell is coming with him (though isn't directly trying to take revenge)
>Wrath of Khan: Old enemy from a forgotten era of human history is here to take revenge on not only humanity but Kirk in particular for fucking him over
>Search for Spock: The great old rivals of the Federation, the Klingons are here to fuck your day up
>Voyage Home: Ancient guardians of the universe are coming to Earth, and will destroy it as vengence for humans wiping out the whales they left there

>First Contact: The Borg will not stand for the Federation actually standing up to them. They will unravel the past and un-make the Federation so that it can never do what it has done to them
>Nemesis: !NotPicard is psychotic and wants to destroy Picard and the Federation(? I'm not sure on the last part, been a while)

>'09: Crazy guy who can somehow retrofit a mining vessel into a functional warship using Borg technology in the amount of time it takes for Spock to get to Romulus (It's canon), is here to fuck shit up and destroy Old Spock, Young Spock, Kirk and the Federation because his wife wasn't saved
>Into Darkness: Khan mad. Khan smash puny federation
>Beyond: Crazy old captain takes revenge for being left on a planet which no one had any good reason to know he was even on and alive

Woah, what an argument chad. Sure showed me