How do you feel about product placement in film?

How do you feel about product placement in film?

youtube.com/watch?v=8VK7TeW6XKU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5XHsDJ-9EDs
youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0
youtube.com/watch?v=gGJbEPm9vI0
youtu.be/NdvO0tmNjGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doesn't bother me, it makes the movies feel more real

Bullshit, that's how I feel. Total fucking bullshit.

depends on how overt it is.

>:\

Jesus christ Adam must be rich

The best kind of product placement is when the characters are self aware

this as long as it's not obviously forced.
youtube.com/watch?v=5XHsDJ-9EDs

Depends on how its used. Shit like world war z, or man of steel were obnoxiously blatant about it, while kino's like josie and the pussy cats or waynes world lean into it so hard it becomes a genius subversion of it.

So its all about intent and execution.

can you give an example of it from Wayne's World?

Depends on how its used. Shit like world war z, or man of steel were obnoxiously blatant about it, while kino's like josie and the pussy cats or waynes world lean into it so hard it becomes a genius subversion of it.

The matrix did it well with all the cars being Cadillacs, its there, and subtle enough that it doesn't beat you over the head with it, and transformers, for all its flaws, did a good job of using chevys.

So its all about intent, context, and execution.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

I didn't have any issue whastoever with the vast majority of those.

This mexican film is basically a Coca Cola Commercial. youtube.com/watch?v=gGJbEPm9vI0

This american film is literally a coca cola and mcdonalds commercial.
youtu.be/NdvO0tmNjGo

To be fair, there's nothing literally nothing wrong with the McDonalds breakfast one

If its natural and organic its completely fine. Makes the world more believable. There's even a couple in that video that are fine by me.

>Oh did you learn that at Hooters?

Stuff like that is fine, because it was established she used to work at Hooters. Its when they blatantly shove shit onto the screen and make it super fucking obvious that it becomes obnoxious

Have you never seen Waynes World? That's one of the most popular bits.

I miss how subway used to cut the bread.

You can still ask them to cut it that way

I-its not the same senpai

I remember in SWAT there was a scene in a locker room or some shit where a dude randomly slams down a Dr. Pepper and says "man, I can't get enough of this stuff!" and it always felt really odd to me until I tried Dr. Pepper.