/got/ general

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

watchersonthewall.com/latest-belfast-sightings-exclusive-game-thrones-season-7-spoiler-report/
watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-readies-spain-returns-winterfell/
watchersonthewall.com/shipyards-added-game-thrones-location-roster-sightings/
watchersonthewall.com/new-game-thrones-season-7-filming-location-spain/
ew.com/article/2016/08/31/game-thrones-jim-broadbent-season-7
watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-season-7-filming-begins-belfast/
variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-maisie-williams-arya-jon-snow-emmys-1201836344/
watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-spoiler-report-daenerys-season-7/
watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-set-film-trujillo-castle-november/
watchersonthewall.com/details-spain-new-game-thrones-locations/
deadline.com/2016/08/game-of-thrones-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-emmys-interview-1201803698/
watchersonthewall.com/variety-new-roles-cast-game-of-thrones-season-7/
feature.thewrap.com/emmy-feature-kit-harington/
youtube.com/watch?v=3fPRK92TtIY
watchersonthewall.com/comic-con-2016-video-interview-roundup/#more-71431
youtube.com/watch?v=yGYOQpE_k2I
youtube.com/watch?v=2FpgfIGWaFs
youtube.com/watch?v=s3DCFjJYiBg
youtube.com/watch?v=V7Mwgh2rnfo
youtube.com/watch?v=5e4UUPA_1ao
youtube.com/watch?v=FNx3e2LhZdg
youtube.com/watch?v=5aqtC75kWZI
youtube.com/watch?v=TbJs3jsYIUY
youtube.com/watch?v=7VyuEeduCSk
youtube.com/watch?v=D9n2-BONmZE
watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-season-7-casting-begun/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gonna start unloading lots of shit we've gotten so far for season 7 to drum up some discussion

watchersonthewall.com/latest-belfast-sightings-exclusive-game-thrones-season-7-spoiler-report/

>Watchers on the Wall has learned that GoT filming this week centered around Yara and Theon Greyjoy engaging in battle at sea. It appears that their uncle Euron is catching up to the siblings and will capture one of them.

>It looks like a big year is in the works for Euron- we hear that he and Queen Cersei are teaming up in season 7. We’ve also heard that Euron will take out at least one of the Sand Snakes.

>It makes sense that Euron would turn to Cersei for an alliance, since Daenerys is no longer in Meereen and probably not interested in his cock-and-quickly-built-ships marriage proposal. They’re a dangerous duo, and I’m excited to see what Cersei and Euron cook up in season 7.

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-readies-spain-returns-winterfell/

>HBO has arrived in Spain to start their preparations, getting ready for Game of Thrones season 7 by hiring local crews before shooting begins. The company has put out notices in the Basque Country towns of Bermeo and Zumaia, and also in Trujillo and Malpartida, both found in Cáceres province. All the aforementioned places are confirmed shooting locations for the new season.

>Hoy reports that they’re expecting more than 500 production crew members involved in the Cáceres filming, and that it will likely begin in November. They say the local work may last until December, so we’re beginning to get an idea of how long filming may take in the area.

>Up north in Bermeo, it’s expected that filming will only last “two or three days,” which makes sense, since Game of Thrones has opted for only for one shooting location there: the uniquely beautiful San Juan de Gaztelugatxe.

>As Modexpor International noted in August, their extras casting in the northern Basque area will only include men. They’ll publish more specifics in October, closer to casting and filming time.

>But for now we can speculate with that bit. A casting call for only men points in a few directions: a horde of Dothraki warriors, Dany’s Unsullied army, or some other character who has a group of soldiers with them. Bermeo and Zumaia are not locations suitable for battles, though, so I suspect the extras will wind up being Unsullied or Dothraki accompanying Daenerys.

>Back up to Northern Ireland for one last piece of locations news: activity is resuming in the area of Moneyglass.

>The small village is home to the Winterfell set every year, and it looks like crews are getting it ready for filming once again. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for Winterfell-centered cast members in the coming weeks!

watchersonthewall.com/shipyards-added-game-thrones-location-roster-sightings/

>ElCorreo reports today that a new location has been announced for Game of Thrones season 7 filming in Spain. According to the publication, it has been confirmed by Fresco Films via Europa Press that Las Atarazanas, the Royal Dockyards of Seville, are joining the locations roster.

>The location is a medieval shipyard, Gothic in design, built in the 13th century on the order of Ferdinand III of Castile. The warehouses of the dockyard have survived intact over the centuries. They’re located just a few minutes away from the Real Alcázar of Seville, which has served as a shooting location for the past two seasons.

>And what purpose will the Royal Dockyards serve? That’s left up to speculation currently. We certainly have characters on Game of Thrones who are working with a lot of ships at the moment- Daenerys and her crew, for example, but the location doesn’t necessarily have to be used as a shipyard. The aged atmosphere of the space could be some other stop on Dany’s journey, or part of Oldtown for example.

>In other filming news, the sightings continue in Belfast, Northern Ireland with the beginning of season 7 filming.

Seriously hope these rumours are true, would like to see Broraven's older apprentice summon a kraken to fuck Dany and her army of cucks up

watchersonthewall.com/new-game-thrones-season-7-filming-location-spain/

>e have some more Season 7 news for you today in the form of a new filming location in Spain thanks to El Correo! Muriola Beach in Barrika will host the cast and crew of Game of Thrones and set the stage for the newest season.

>We previously reported several new filming locations along the Basque coast in Spain. The crew will be moving to the beaches sometime in October, says El Correo.

>Town Mayor Robert Muñoz is also being kept in the dark saying the filming is “surrounded by mystery” though he is beyond ecstatic the town will get a chance to shine though such an epic series.

>As previously announced, filming will take place October 26th on Itzurun Beach in Zumaia and Modexpor International has stated that extras casting begin around October 5th. We can expect the filming at Muriola to take place shortly after.

Aidan and Hafthor have been spotted

Jim Broadbent is joining the cast

ew.com/article/2016/08/31/game-thrones-jim-broadbent-season-7

>Game of Thrones has cast its first new season 7 role.

>The fantasy hit has signed Oscar winner Jim Broadbent for the eagerly anticipated penultimate season, EW has learned exclusively.

>The veteran British performer’s credits range from the films Time Bandits, Brazil and Bridget Jones’s Diary, to his Emmy-nominated title role on the series Longford, to a recurring role in the Harry Potter franchise (he played Horace Slughorn). Broadbent also won the best supporting actor Oscar for his role in the 2001 film Iris.

>So who does Broadbent play on Game of Thrones?

>That’s where our news stops and your speculation begins. We only know that Broadbent’s role is “significant.” The spoiler-averse GoT team doesn’t want to say anything yet about who the actor is playing on the series. Some vague casting descriptions have leaked in recent weeks, but oftentimes such character rundowns sent to casting agents are deliberately inaccurate because producers assume the notices will wind up online.

Filming has begun

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-season-7-filming-begins-belfast/

>After a long, dry summer- longer than usual, thanks to delayed filming this year– shooting has begun on season 7 on Game of Thrones. In the last week or so, sightings of the show’s stars have ramped up, and starting yesterday, multiple reports trickled in that filming was resuming.

>Local sources around Titanic Studios (the show’s production home in Belfast) tell us that as of yesterday, cars were being rerouted around the Game of Thrones studios so as not to cause a noise disturbance.

>Today, the regular pink GOT filming sign was spotted as well, for the first time this yea

Jon Starkgaryen righteously won thegotparty/com nomination

Maisie Williams interview with Variety

variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-maisie-williams-arya-jon-snow-emmys-1201836344/

She looks like the kid from Lorenzo's Oil. Does she have some rare disease or something?

>What was the most challenging aspect of Season 6?

>The contact lenses, for sure – last season they were really exciting to use and I only had them for one scene and it was a cool thing to be doing on set. I wasn’t really too worried about this year, I didn’t really think it through, I guess, and then I got to set and realized I was gonna be doing all these stunt scenes and I was gonna be fighting Faye [Marsay] — well, actually not fighting, just getting beat to s–t by Faye — and realized there was going to be a lot more to do. We were also out in the sun in Girona and that made it really difficult, because although the contact lenses are opaque so everything is white, the light that comes through is really bright, so it was this strange squinting even though I couldn’t see a thing. Obviously they wanted to see the contact lenses, so there’s no point me wearing them and squinting. Various things made it a lot more challenging – I don’t know how the White Walkers and other people in films do it for so long. Four episodes was enough for me!

>How did you feel about Arya being the one to kill Walder Frey [David Bradley], since fans have been itching to see him die since the Red Wedding?

>I was so thrilled. [Laughs.] Honestly so thrilled. And that was all anyone really said to me – any of the crew. I feel like talking to the crew about the show, there’s so many of them that if you talk to a lot of different people about the show, and find out a lot of their opinions, you get a really good overall consensus as to what the world thinks of the show and what they enjoy and don’t enjoy. There’s so many people and they’re so varied and all from different departments and they’re all watching it for different reasons, so you get a really good idea of what people are rooting for and what they’re excited for.

>Everyone, from all departments, said, “you have got the best kill of any kill ever. I don’t think there’s a single person in the world that won’t be thrilled that Walder Frey is gone,” so it felt very, very good. It was such a fun day – so many things just went so well with that scene. There’s this one take where we did a close-up and I slit his throat and he’s bleeding out and I got this perfect little speck of blood just above my collarbone on my neck. It wasn’t like Tarantino blood everywhere, just this one little speck and it happened naturally, it happened realistically, and you literally couldn’t have flicked a bit of blood on better, a makeup girl couldn’t have done it any more perfectly. And Fabian [Wagner, the show’s director of photography], the way he lit me in that scene, I was so stoic and cool – a lot of things went really right and it got a great reaction.

It's bong genes, 'nough said

>What are the logistics of filming a scene like that?

>We all have changes of outfits, but it’s so time-consuming that you don’t really want it to come to that, so people are just on hand with towels for blood and props people are on hand to change out the pie and get a new pastry crust on top so you can reveal the finger again. There’s so much that goes into it, but people think that very dialoguey scenes would be difficult – which of course they are, but you get a good run at it and everyone gets into the flow of it.

>A scene like that, it’s just a very disjointed day, so we started off doing the little bit of scene beforehand with the servant girl, you get into a normal dialogue scene and then you get into face changing, and Prosthetics steps in and gives me the face, and Hair steps in so I can whip off my wig, and then Props come in with the pies, and then David’s got to go away and put on a big rig and a fake neck and we’re all waiting around for a good hour while he does that. And then he comes back in and we get Armory on set with the knife and cutting him, and we get Special Effects with all the blood and making sure the blood squirts out perfectly – “do you want a dribble or do you want a spray?” – so it just means the day is very long and tedious, but it’s something that I very much enjoy. As an actor, nothing that you train in can prepare you for what you do on set; every day is so different and if you’ve got it down in a classroom, chances are it’s gonna be extremely different once you get onto a film set. It’s just about trying to nail what you want to do with a scene every time, regardless of who else is sat in front of you spilling blood and lighting flames and stuff.

>Do you think it’s a good progression for Arya, that she clearly gets enjoyment from killing the people on her list?

>It does worry me, because – I’m going to steal something that Kit Harington said in an interview, because it sounded really great – it’s sad when our heroes take it too far and they don’t just do their job, they actually enjoy it and you see a twisted spark behind the eyes. It’s worrying. I think it’s worrying because I care about this little girl, and she is still a little girl. As an audience member, you’re just like “Arya’s a badass and she kills people and it’s cool,” and it’s like, “yeah, thank you, I’m flattered,” but from a personal perspective, you can’t just be like, “I play a really cool character, she kills everyone!” That’s got no drive and no reason and no purpose. To me, as an actress, I try not to be like “this scene’s so cool!” I try and go into it like “why is there this weird smile on her face and how long has she thought about this and when did she find out about Walder Frey killing her family?” You have to justify it and make it a realistic thing.

>Season 6 has been particularly troubling for fans of the Starks, given that not only does poor Rickon end up dead, but Arya, Sansa, Jon and Bran all step over that moral line at various points. It really does seem to signify the end of innocence for all of them.

>Right? What did everyone expect, we’ve had it the worst since episode one – literally, one of the youngest Starks gets pushed out of a window in episode one, and every episode since, people have just f—ked us over so badly. [Laughs.] And now, hopefully we get our revenge, but we’re also gonna be a little bit messed up by it all. And who can blame us? Hopefully we stay sane and we stay on the straight and narrow, or we can just become a band of outlaws and just run riot, that’d be fun too!

>The surviving Starks have changed so much since Season 1 – what do you think would surprise her most about Sansa, Jon and Bran when she meets them again?

>I think she would be surprised at how bad they’ve had it too. She feels so alone; they all have for so long. Upon meeting them and discovering that they’ve all had it so bad… she’s almost hoping for a reunion where everyone’s like, “oh, Arya, you’re safe!” But they’re all hoping for that, they’re all hoping for a safe family to stretch their arms out and be like, “oh, thank goodness you’re home,” but actually we’re all just a bit tired, we’re worn out and we’ve lost our naïve, childish fun, and I think that’s what she’d be shocked by the most, that she wasn’t the only one going through hell and no one is quite the same anymore and they never will be again. I think that would be quite sad for her.

Why is Sophie never this smart in interviews?

>Jon and Arya were always the closest Stark children — do you think learning that they’re cousins would change anything for her?

>I feel like they would still very much be close. I feel like Jon would find it difficult to accept Arya for who she is now; he’d want to be loyal and heroic and protect his little sisters, and that’s not a life for her anymore. That was never really what she wanted to have in life and now she’s definitely not going back — she’s far more effective to fight with Jon than any of his other soldiers. She’s been training for years, she’s effectively like a Stark CIA agent, and I think if they would meet again, Jon would brush that off. It’s not a rude thing, I think he would just be trying to take the responsibility of keeping the family alive, seeing as it’s gone pretty badly since we all left — he would feel like he owed that to Ned and he owed that to the Stark name to keep us safe. It wouldn’t be out of cruelty, but I don’t think he would understand that it’s a foolish thing to do and Arya would be an incredible piece in battle and she would be very helpful and effective.

>How do you feel about the shorter episode order for Season 7?

>It sucks for the audience because they love the episodes, but what we’ll never do on this show is drag it out, and I’m so thrilled about that. Too many shows start out about making a great show, and by Season 6 it’s about making money and all they want to do is write more episodes and make more money. This show makes a lot of money, and it would be easy for HBO to be like “we’re gonna do four more seasons and we’re gonna extend them to 12 episodes.” I really respect David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] for holding their ground and for HBO to be like “no… we’re gonna tell this story and we’re gonna end it and that’ll be final.”

>Good things must come to an end or they’re not good anymore. It doesn’t last forever and we’ve done what we came to do, it’s time to wrap this up, and it will have the ending it was always supposed to have, and that’s very special. David and Dan started writing this show knowing the end, not knowing that it might actually come around and we might be allowed to make that many [seasons] — at the beginning we were just willing to make one [season]. They started this with an end in sight, and so it’s exciting to be closing it… I’m just excited to see everyone again – we start a lot later this year because winter has arrived, so that can’t happen in sunny Belfast.

>What’s the best part about your Emmy nomination?

>The film industry, any performing industry, is very ageist – for one reason or another, younger people get bypassed for a lot. It’s one of the most difficult things to change, because the only people who fight for it are young people, and by the time anyone’s willing to listen, they’re grown up and they’re not a young person anymore. In the UK at the moment, a lot of 16 year olds are fighting to get the vote, and by the time anyone will listen to them, the ringleaders of that will then be 18 and it’ll be like, “well now you can vote, have fun!” But it’s like, that wasn’t really the point, so it’s really tough, and it’s the hardest thing to fight, because you can only really fight it from being a young person.

>It feels amazing to be acknowledged by the Academy, and just mindblowing, really — it’s not something that happens all the time because I won’t be young forever, so it means an awful lot to be 19 years old. And there will be people younger than me who have been nominated and younger people than me that have won — it’s not about that … just to be a part of young actors being acknowledged is very special.

Dragonpit, GET HYPE

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-spoiler-report-daenerys-season-7/

>Sources tell us that we can look forward to seeing Daenerys at the Dragonpit in season 7.

>In the A Song of Ice and Fire books, the Dragonpit is a massive old building on a hill in King’s Landing. Years before the story as we know it begins, the Dragonpit was used to house the dragons of the Targaryens. Ultimately it was destroyed, with only the ruins remaining.

>After seeing some of the new Spain locations for season 7, we speculated Game of Thrones might be using one for a dragonpit. There is no word yet if that site, the Roman ruins called Italica found in Santiponce, Seville, is the place where the Dragonpit will be filmed.

>Besides the fact that we’ll be seeing another intriguing site, the larger takeaway from this news is that based on the Dragonpit’s established location and what our source told us, we can confirm Daenerys will be arriving in King’s Landing in season 7.

>What comes next, well that we don’t know yet. But I don’t imagine Queen Cersei will be thrilled to find a Targaryen outside her doors…if Cersei still has her crown by this point.

Set for november filming

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-set-film-trujillo-castle-november/

>Today’s update in Game of Thrones location filming comes to us courtesy of Hoy. The publication reports that the show will be shooting scenes for season 7 in the castle located in Trujillo, Cáceres province, Spain. The filming will take place on just one day, November 18th.

>The castle in Trujillo was built between the 9th and 12th centuries, constructed over the remains of a Muslim fortress. The castle has seventeen square defense towers around it, and has preserved four of its gates.

>Hoy reports that shooting will be focused on a courtyard in the castle. It appears that members of production visited the site in late July. They’re potentially looking at other locations as well in the area but those are not confirmed yet, according to Hoy.

>The report further says that Cáceres is being referred to as the headquarters for filming in the area and that there will be a large number of people involved in the production there.

>The new series Still Star-Crossed is being filmed in Cáceres as well, but their filming is happening at the moment, and hopefully will be finished by November. Still, be aware of any confusing filming reports and rumors that aren’t clearly about GoT– there is another production going on in the area!

>And what story will be shot in the castle? That’s not known yet. In past years, we’d see a location like this and jump right to Meereen or somewhere similar in Essos, but has Game of Thrones truly left Essos behind with Dany’s departure? The yards and the walkable walls surrounding the castle also bring to mind some of the King’s Landing scenes from earlier seasons, originally filmed on Dubrovnik’s city walls. The look is not quite the same, though, so it’s unclear what we’re looking at here.

More Spain sets

watchersonthewall.com/details-spain-new-game-thrones-locations/

>Game of Thrones filming on season 7 is set to begin in just a couple weeks, and today we have fresh information about location shooting in Spain.

>Los Siete Reinos is sharing rumors they’ve heard out of Spain, concerning filming locations Cáceres city and Malpartida (located in Cáceres province). The sites were reported as new Game of Thrones filming locations back in July, with Hoy stating filming would take place in November.

>Regarding Malpartida, L7R says they’ve heard that extras casting will take place in early September and filming will actually be starting in October. The extras will reportedly fit the “Dothraki” description that we’ve seen in past seasons: people with darker skin and hair, long hair and no tattoos. However, this information has not yet been officially confirmed.

>L7R is also reporting the rumor that Thrones director Mark Mylod was seen in Malpartida a few weeks ago. Our own sources confirm that during July, director Jeremy Podeswa has been scouting Cáceres, as well as Cordoba, Seville, and other places in the country.

>It’s believed that Game of Thrones will be filming aquatic scenes in Malpartida’s Los Barruecos. The beautiful and rocky coastal point could provide an interesting location for a landing scene, since Daenerys has set sail and may be landing in new and unusual places. The Dothraki casting call, if it’s accurate, would gel with that theory.

1/2

>Filming will be taking place in the city of Cáceres itself as well, focusing on the Old Town district. El Periodico de Cáceres says that filming will be happening within that area, around the Plaza de la Veletas. They report that HBO’s people visited several places in the district, including the Torre de Bujaco and the Torre de los Púlpitos. They may also have stopped by the Mayoralgo Palace, but only to check out the views it affords of the Plaza de Santa Maria. The photo snapped by El Periodico certainly looks like Mylod.

>Given the well-preserved look of the place, it would make a fine replacement for Dubrovnik, Croatia and Girona, Spain, the cities that have previously been the centers of location shooting for King’s Landing and cities like Braavos.

2/2

D&D interview

deadline.com/2016/08/game-of-thrones-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-emmys-interview-1201803698/

>How has throwing yourselves into an all-consuming show factored into the progression of your lives, including family and other professional pursuits?

>Benioff & Weiss: When we pitched this show, we were both unmarried, without children, and one of us (David) had made a 20 minute short film on which the other (Dan) did craft service. We now have two wives who have chosen to stay married to us for some reason. And five children, one of whom was born at the Ulster Hospital in Belfast, all of whom are raised together, travel together, and speak their own secret language like carnies. Actually, the kids do go home when school starts. And the three months or so during the fall school year while we’re shooting involve us doing a lot of flying between Belfast and Los Angeles, which isn’t normal, especially as far as sleep patterns are concerned. But we are on set as often as possible, every day we’re not visiting home. It felt important for us to be there when we started, and it still feels important.

>D&D: As much as we miss our families, which is a lot for those months, production can be the most enjoyable part of the year. The Irish countryside—hills, forests, coasts—is beautiful. Spain’s castles totally make you understand why people were so hellbent on sacking each other’s castles. Turns out castles are really enjoyable places to work. And the glaciers in Iceland are awesome in the serious old-timey sense. There are challenges everywhere… but these are glorious places. People seek these places out just for the privilege of seeing them. Having your job take you to these places… next year we may actually take the kids out of school for a semester and have the families travel with us, so they can all experience it too. Teach them to wield swords. It’s time.

>The signature set piece for Season 6 was the Battle of the Bastards, pitting Jon Snow against Ramsay Bolton and his army. Snow watched his brother Rickon die and angrily charged his troops into Bolton’s trap. The depiction of the formation of a back wall of bodies felled by Bolton’s archers, followed by a vise-like frontal assault with shields and spears, made an unforgettable visual. The famous battle of Agincourt was mentioned as inspiration. Explain how you meld history to frame these epic battle scenes that in earlier seasons included Blackwater and Hardhome.

>Benioff & Weiss: The Battle of the Bastards started as Agincourt in the first version; or Agincourt and Crecy. The beginning is still Agincourt-y. Not Ramsay’s specific “game” with Rickon, but the basic strategic layout of the thing. The body pile: that’s inspired by accounts of Agincourt. When we scheduled that original version, however, it ended up being 50% more expensive and time-consuming than what we ended up shooting. Which was itself 50% more expensive and time-consuming than what we initially thought we could afford, and we were being generous.

>D&D: So we reconfigured it, with lots of directorial input from Miguel Sapochnik, and chose the battle of Cannae, in which the Carthaginians lured the Romans into an encirclement and massacred an almost unimaginable number of them. We made the body pile the fourth wall of this encirclement. The Carthaginians were mounted, however, and having that many horses on top of all the other horse stuff we had already was also breaking the bank. So we brought the Bolton cavalry in to serve that purpose, and Mig had the great idea to use their shields not only as a part of the encirclement strategy, but as a strong visual element as well, to help define the general geography and layout of the battle.

1/2

2/2

>D&D: And that is more about the genesis of a fake battle than anyone probably needs to know. We both do read and listen to a lot of history. Not only military history, by any means. On the contrary, it’s nice to remember that the past did not consist entirely of people murdering each other to take each other’s stuff. Mostly, but not entirely.

>Your background was books and features and you once said early on that your unfamiliarity with episodic TV sometimes left you short of scenes that had to be written hastily. What other learned lessons will help you the rest of your career?

>Benioff & Weiss: One practical thing we’ve learned as writers is how to work almost anywhere. We had specific, persnickety routines, before. This chair, this coffee mug, this time of day. When we started Thrones, it quickly became apparent that our old ways of working would prevent us from getting the scripts done on time, and that this in itself could destroy the show. So we got better at working wherever we were, whenever we could. And that’s been really helpful, realizing that what we thought we “needed” to work effectively was really just a kind of magical thinking, and that we could get words down anywhere. They weren’t always good words. They often needed to be rewritten, and rewritten again. But they fed the machine, and kept things moving.

>What’s the most enjoyable and challenging parts of working on this large a canvas, week after week?

>Benioff & Weiss: The source of the joy and the challenge are the same: the opportunity to tell a story encompassing so many characters and so many places, over such a long stretch of time. To be able to bring a world to life, and actually have it be a world, as in, one with different continents, the one that George bequeathed to us. We try to maintain a strong sense of forward momentum, especially at this late stage in the story.

>D&D: But even with all that, the scope of the thing gives us time to let characters spend a few minutes with each other here and there without propelling the plot forward.

>Dan, what is David’s great strength, have you found, and David, please answer the same thing about Dan?

>Benioff & Weiss: Dan: pull ups. David: deadlift.

>Jaime returns in triumph, racing home to his love, Cersei, only to see part of King’s Landing smoldering, and a steely Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne. Jaime’s glare is memorable. When you or the director told him what his motivation was to focus what was he thinking, what was the message given to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau?

>Benioff & Weiss: We don’t remember the specific wording, but it’s definitely a moment where Jaime has to start coming to terms with how drastically and irrevocably everything in his world has changed—political arrangements, his personal life, everything. He knew his sister was capable of big plays, but this is another level. And Cersei’s look back to him… well, he’s probably always known that she was in charge in their relationship. Now he really knows it.

>Every time Cersei vindictively settled a score, she paid a high price. In trying to get back at her daughter-in-law Margaery, she empowered the High Sparrow and his religious fanatics who put her in a prison cell and forced her humiliating nude walk of shame. In the Season 6 finale, she exacts unimaginable cruel revenge on the High Sparrow’s tormenter Septa Unella by making her the plaything of her half-dead bodyguard The Mountain. So he’s not babysitting her king son Tommen, who jumps out a castle window to his death. Was Cersei heartbroken? Has she got any heart left?

>Benioff & Weiss: We had intended the connection you just made, so we’re glad you made it. If she had been more focused on her family, and less focused on enjoying her revenge on someone who had done her wrong, then Tommen’s suicide probably never would have happened. That’s what so much of next season is going to be about; finding out what Cersei’s mindset is, and who is she? Cersei has certainly done a lot of horrible things in her life and she could be a very cruel person, but the one thing that was redemptive about her was she genuinely loved her children. Now they’re all gone, and I think that is very interesting for us. Who is she, without her children? The answer is something you’ll find out about next season.

>Which characters did you find most fun to write in Season 6?

>Benioff & Weiss: In the past season or two, things have finally started to contract in a very positive way. It was such an expansive world for such a long time, but things have really started coming together. Obviously, we had to say goodbye to a lot of characters and storylines we loved a lot. The ones that are left are ones we’ve been engaged in so long. Writing for Maisie [Williams] is always great, writing for Peter [Dinklage] and Emilia [Clarke] is great, especially now that they’ve come together in the same storyline. Writing all the stuff for Kit [Harington] and all of the epic stuff he gets to go through now. There isn’t anyone left we don’t love writing for, because we’ve been writing for them for so long. We know them so well at this point.

>Red Wedding architect Walder Frey and Ramsay Bolton were two of your most deliciously evil villains, and they met their end. Your clear villain is the White Walker leader The Night King. Both Frey and Bolton established their loathsomeness through dialogue as much as action. How much of a challenge has it been, writing a Night King character who doesn’t speak?

>Benioff & Weiss: We don’t think of The Night King as a villain as much as Death. He is not someone who’s like Joffrey or Ramsay. He’s not really human anymore. Evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn’t have a choice; he was created in that way, and that’s what he is. In some ways, he’s just Death, coming for everyone in the story, and for all of us.

>D&D: In some ways, it’s appropriate he doesn’t speak. What’s Death going to say? Anything would diminish him. He’s just a force of destruction. I don’t think we’ve ever been tempted to write dialogue for The Night King. Anything he said would be anticlimactic.

>You’ve said that Iwan Rheon was runner up to Kit Harington when you cast Jon Snow. He doesn’t seem to have the heartthrob vibe, the liquid brown eyes, the empathy present in Harington’s character. What did he bring to the table that made you consider him for the hero role that was so opposite the villainous character he played in Ramsay Bolton?

>Benioff & Weiss: Iwan, this interviewer here just said that you don’t have a heartthrob vibe. How would you reply? What? You’re going to do what to him? But Iwan… wait, Iwan, not the dogs, Iwan, noooo!

>D&D: Iwan Rheon is a great actor, and he’s going to go on to a long brilliant career. And most of the characters he’ll play will not be evil. He’s not one of those who can only play a bad guy. We first saw him when he auditioned for Jon Snow. He was incredible and went down to the very end, in terms of our pick for Jon Snow. He’s an incredibly versatile actor.

>D&D: It was so much fun to write for him because he’s such a charismatic kid and he’s got such intelligence and a sense of humor, so he never just played it like the snarling villain. He put a little spin on every line and so it was great to write for him and to watch him perform, especially in these last couple of episodes. That last scene with Ramsay and Sansa probably goes down as one of our favorite scenes. To watch the two of them alone, with the dogs… He could very well have been a boring character, because he’s so evil and beyond redemption. And Iwan kept him interesting the whole way.

>After killing off so many fan favorite characters, what did it mean to bring back The Hound? Why did the gruff disfigured brute make such an impression and what are you most excited to explore with him?

>Benioff & Weiss: So much of this comes down to the casting. I doubt we would have cared nearly as much for The Hound if anyone but Rory McCann was playing the part. What’s been exciting is seeing the glimmers of humanity behind The Hound’s scarred exterior. And then seeing him shove aside those glimmers, when necessary, and murk motherfuckers that need to be murked.

>Bran’s half uncle, who is half undead and who rescued his nephew from the White Walkers, said he couldn’t go to The Wall; that it keeps out The Night King’s forces and isn’t just ice and rock, but contains spells that keep the dead North. Book fans talk about the Horn of Joramun, which the Wildlings dug for at one time and that has the power to destroy the wall. Can you give us a hint where this is going?

>Benioff & Weiss: We don’t want to give away too much. There are the books, and the show, and it would be a disservice to both if we went into too much detail of, we’re going to use this or that. We’re not using that. What’s laid out in this season is, very clearly, The Wall isn’t just a physical structure that is keeping the army of the dead out. If it were, and if the Wildlings managed to make it over, at least in theory someone like The Night King has so much more in the way of both power and troops who’ll do literally anything he says. We have been laying out the likelihood that it’s going to be more difficult to get past The Wall than that, but we wanted to put that basic prospect out there. We’ll keep it at that for now.

Don't expect the Horn.

CHESS PIECES

>While Benioff & Weiss won’t give up their secrets as they write the final two seasons of Game of Thrones, they did shed a little light on the strengths and vulnerabilities of the finalists for rule of the Seven Kingdoms.

DAENERYS TARGARYEN

>Benioff & Weiss: Dany has a boundless confidence in herself and her mission in this world. Her sense of destiny makes her a compelling, charismatic leader, a messianic figure for multitudes. She has arguably the cleverest advisor on the planet in Tyrion Lannister. She has three dragons, an army of Unsullied, and a great Dothraki horde.

>What could possibly go wrong?

CERSEI LANNISTER

>Benioff & Weiss: Cersei will do anything to win. In the past, the only factor limiting her ruthlessness was her love for her children. Now that her children are gone, nothing restrains her. As she herself said, “love is weakness.” A loveless Cersei is a fearsome thing.

JON SNOW

>Benioff & Weiss: Jon’s honorable nature has proven a disadvantage in some regards: a man who plays by the rules will have a harder time defeating men and women who don’t. But Jon’s nature also provides one of his great strengths: his ability to win others to his cause. Men who respected his courage and honesty elected him Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. The Free Folk, who had never before aligned themselves with kneelers, chose to fight for Jon Snow because they believed in him. The lords of the north named him King in the North because they realized he was their last, best chance to survive the wars to come.

>The question will be whether an honorable man can overcome dishonorable enemies. As E.O. Wilson wrote, “Within a group, selfish individuals always win. But in contests between groups, groups of altruists always beat groups of selfish individuals.” So Jon Snow better hope this is a contest between groups.

THE NIGHT KING

>Benioff & Weiss: Strength: He can raise the dead and have them do his bidding. Weakness: He’ll never be as funny as The Ice King.

Didn't Jon already have a selfish person within the group by the name of Sansa? Or is she gonna formally team up with Littlefinger who's selfish and lose?

>Early on, you described your ambition for Game of Thrones as The Sopranos meets The Lord of the Rings and spent years regretting that you had invoked that watershed series and film trilogy. Many feel when you finish, Game of Thrones will fare favorably in the conversation about the most ambitious TV series ever made. What in your minds is the greatest ever TV series?

>David Benioff & D.B. Weiss: First of all: thank you! We hope many are right, but we have to recuse ourselves from that conversation.

>D&D: So, the conversation about the greatest TV series ever made. Man, it’d be great to say something original here. Not to talk about the total game changer that was The Sopranos, or The Wire’s dead eye and ear for every layer of Baltimore’s dysfunctional society, or Deadwood’s brilliant recreation of the true West, or the way Seinfeld both encapsulated and swallowed a culture, or Cheers or The X-Files or I Love Lucy or The Honeymooners or any of those. Everyone always talks about those, and it’s hard to say anything that hasn’t been said before and said better. And that’s not even touching on the cartoons. Don’t get us started on the cartoons.

1/2

>D&D: Okay, fine, we can talk about cartoons if you like. Working on a drama 363 days a year really makes us appreciate animation. Because you know what it’s not? Live action drama. On which we spend 363 days a year. At least once, one of us went on a long, drunken rant about why Adventure Time was the best TV series ever made. Unfortunately, we can’t remember the specifics of that rant, but it’s entirely possible that it was correct. South Park has maintained its high level of excellence for much longer than should be possible. Rick and Morty is one of the funniest, smartest things ever put on TV; every one of its 22-minute plots is more ambitious than 99% of the science fiction films that will be made in the next ten years. Of course, these are all current shows. But like George Harrison once said about Beethoven, “Beethoven’s great, man, but he’s dead! What’s happening now?”

2/2

Casting calls

watchersonthewall.com/variety-new-roles-cast-game-of-thrones-season-7/

>Casting speculation for Game of Thrones is a little funny this year. Being so far off the books, we’re a bit lost! But there’s still fun to be had, and thankfully our sources are still providing. We’ve just received a nice batch of season 7 casting breakdowns, offering up info about a variety of roles the show has recently been casting. Let’s see what we can glean from the new casting info!

>As has become the standard, there are no names on the roles, only generic titles.

>If you don’t like potential spoilers, then this is not the post for you.

>General, in the age range 40 – 55. He’s a senior military officer, and they’re looking for a white actor who uses the British RP accent. The actor is needed for the week of September 6th.

>Priest, in his 60’s. He’s a venerable priest with moral authority and gravitas. The show is seeking a white actor, using an RP accent, with characterful face for this part. He’s scheduled to shoot one week, from September 22nd.

>Warrior, in the 35 – 45 age range. The character is a tough-looking bruiser with the attack skills of a pit bull, and the actor needs to be great at fighting. He has a “considerable” amount of dialogue as well. It’s described as an “excellent part for a top-end actor.” Helpful clues in the description? We know it’s not a Dothraki character as the actor for the role is required to be white, and they’re asking for a neutral and non-posh English accent. This role is currently scheduled to shoot across October.

>Gate Guard, in his 20’s. The character is described as a “Confident, characterful, straight-talking Northern lad with a great face to play across a very excellent series of scenes.” They’re looking someone with wit, timing, and charisma. He’s currently scheduled to film between mid-October and mid-November.

>City Guard, in his 30’s. The show is casting for a city guard who intercepts a suspicious-looking person on his nightly patrol. They require an RP accent for this one. He’s set to shoot for a week in mid-October.

>Merchant, in his 40’s. The merchant appears at an inn during a busy evening. They’re seeking a character actor, for a non-combatant role. His appearance is more open, including ethnicity/race. That suggests a character appearing somewhere in Essos- or a place we’ve never been before, since Daenerys is now on the move. This part is scheduled to shoot the first week of November.

>Lovely Lady. Ah yes, what would Game of Thrones be without its courtesans and nudity. The show is casting for an attractive young courtesan who is sure of her own mind. It’s described as a “good speaking part” and casting notes that full nudity is required for the role. Similar to the merchant, the lovely lady’s physical appearance is open, indicating this role is for somewhere on Essos, or at a new location. She’s scheduled to shoot for one week in early October.

>Young Lord in his late 20’s. He’s a tall, handsome young lord, and the show is looking for a white actor who uses the RP accent. He’s scheduled to shoot in the week commencing September 20th.

>Lieutenant, in his 20’s. The character is described as an athletic, physically fit, and disciplined warrior. Appearance-wise, they’re looking for someone not white, with Middle Eastern descent mentioned. This bears the hallmarks of a Dothraki character description. He’s set to shoot several days across three weeks, between mid-September and mid-November.

>There’s a lot of mention of RP this time around. To explain, the show tends to use RP accent around King’s Landing for its major well-to-do characters. People from the lower class like Davos use a different accent, and Northerners sound more well, northern. So RP often points toward King’s Landing but it’s not a guarantee.

Interview with Kit

feature.thewrap.com/emmy-feature-kit-harington/

>Last year at this time you were trying not to talk to anybody, right?

>[Laughs] Yeah. I tell you what, it was kind of nice, having an excuse not to talk about it or do any press. I could observe the circus that surrounds it from the outside, but at the same time be front and center in the cliffhanger that was my death, or not my death.

>Sophie Turner came into our office and jokingly said that you were a real bastard to her, because you lied to her about Jon being dead for a long time.

>I don’t know why I chose Sophie, of all people, to deceive the most. I let her in on the secret last of anyone, really, and she was so sweet. She wrote me a letter about my leaving the show, and she bought that I wouldn’t be coming back. We’re all very pally with each other on our set, we’re like family, and she genuinely feels like a little sister to me. So I guess I kind of played tricks on her like an older brother would.

>I understand your goodbye speech to the cast and crew on what was supposed to have been your last day of shooting was not one of your favorite moments.

>No. It wasn’t one of my proudest moments as an actor, either. I wasn’t convincing at all. I didn’t want to do a big speech and start crying, because I knew I’d be seeing these people next year. So I did a bit of a hash job on it, and I could tell a lot of them didn’t buy it.

>30+ post of dumping.
Not sure how i feel about this.

Are all english kids that inbred looking?

>Between seasons, did you think about how being dead and coming back would affect your performance? Obviously, that experience has to profoundly change Jon.

>I did—but at the same time, you don’t get the scripts until about two weeks before you start shooting the new season. I knew I was coming back to life, but I didn’t know if I’d come back as a changed person, as a villain. So I couldn’t pre-plan anything, which was hard.
>And then I got the scripts, and actually, he comes back as himself, as the Jon that everyone knows. Which at first I found disappointing. But it’s more subtle than that. He has an insight into what lies beyond that very few people in his world do, and that no one in our world does—he knows that there’s no afterlife. Which does quietly drive who he is and what he wants to do.

>But you started the season with almost two full episodes of just lying on a table dead.

>Yeah. I was on that flipping table… I thought it would be quite nice just to have a couple of episodes lying down, but it was really frustrating. Everyone’s getting on with the job around you, and you just have to be still, and naked, for weeks. I drifted off a few times on that table, and woke up in the middle of Game of Thrones world, which was terrifying.

>How long did it take to nail the waking-up scene? All you’re doing is opening your eyes and gasping, but it’s a pretty crucial gasp.

>It’s a very crucial gasp, and that’s why we did it about a thousand times. They wanted it every single which way. They were right to do it that way, but I got very bored with it.

>The Battle of the Bastards episode, much of which is a huge battle between Jon Snow and Ramsay Bolton’s armies, was enormous, logistically. What were the toughest parts for you?

>It was chaos filming that, really. It was cut together beautifully and really well thought out, but once we got out in that field and realized the scale of what we were trying to do, we had to start improvising. And that got confusing at times, just trying to put together the chronology of it, and map his emotional journey through it.

>The whole battle scene was so much fun in some ways, and so arduous in others. I don’t doubt this is one of the tougher things to film on TV. Just the nature of the location work can be brutal. And I’m always in the mud. [Laughs] Everyone else gets a nice warm castle, and I’m somewhere in a field getting trodden on by horses.

Anything to keep /got/ alive friend. Plus some people don't bother to look at previous threads or read all the new unless it's posted here, so gives people a chance to see something they might not have seen before

Season six was pretty dull for me compared to the rest of the series due to no more Stannis who was far and away the redeemer of season five but Euron and Cercei team up is really exciting to me.

HBO going to Spain to prep the bull ring again, this time to be the dragon pit instead of the fighting pit.

>whole thread is just dumping

For what purpose?

>For years there have been fan theories about Jon Snow’s true parentage, and now it appears that the main theory is true: His mother is Lyanna Stark, Ned Stark’s brother, and his father is Rhaegar Targaryen. Do you have your own theories about what that’s going to mean in the long run?

>I do, and I never really like expressing them. If I say what my theory is, then some people will take it as gospel because I play the character. And I also find it unhelpful in playing the character to theorize about it, because he doesn’t think too much about it. If he gets to know that truth at some point, which I hope he will, it will be a really fascinating moment to play.

>So are you now waiting and wondering when Jon Snow is going to die for good?

>[Laughs] Yeah. But here’s the thing: I feel like one of the safest people on Thrones now. Maybe I shouldn’t say that. He could die next season, but I felt very safe this season. Because if I come back to life in Episode 2, it would be awful storytelling if you kill me in Episode 4. So I felt a bit cocky this season.

>Obviously Game of Thrones has made you more visible as an actor, even if it does mean you can’t cut your hair or change your look between seasons. How significant has the impact been on your career?

>It’s been a huge help. When it’s expressed to me that maybe I could in some ways be resentful of not being able to do other jobs because of Thrones, not being able to change my appearance, it’s a no-brainer. If I were to go back and choose whether to do Thrones again, of course I would, 100 percent of the time. >Because it’s opened up so many doors for me, and put me on the map in a way I couldn’t have dreamed of in drama school. I love it, and I’ll deeply miss it when it’s gone

>Coming out of drama school, what kind of career did you want?

>I wanted to be in the theater. I’d done classical theater training. I’d had absolutely no training in screen acting whatsoever, as you don’t in British drama schools. So I envisioned maybe doing a stint at the RSC, or getting a job at the National, or one of those major theaters in London. That was the plan—just work and work and see if I can survive.
>But I didn’t see this coming. I really didn’t.

Refer to

VFX breakdown for the Sept of Baelor Wildfire Explosion

youtube.com/watch?v=3fPRK92TtIY

>tfw no one will ever do cool pixel arts of Bran

Because it sure as hell won't be me doing it ;^)

Comic Con individual and dual interviews

watchersonthewall.com/comic-con-2016-video-interview-roundup/#more-71431

Iwan

youtube.com/watch?v=yGYOQpE_k2I

Liam

youtube.com/watch?v=2FpgfIGWaFs

Isaac

John Bradley (Sam)

youtube.com/watch?v=V7Mwgh2rnfo

youtube.com/watch?v=5e4UUPA_1ao

John played Wed, Bed, Dead between Cersei, Sansa and Daenerys and said he'd marry Sansa, bed Dany, dead Cersei

youtube.com/watch?v=FNx3e2LhZdg

Sophie Turner

youtube.com/watch?v=5aqtC75kWZI

youtube.com/watch?v=TbJs3jsYIUY

Kristian Nairn (Hodor)

youtube.com/watch?v=7VyuEeduCSk

Liam and Isaac

youtube.com/watch?v=D9n2-BONmZE

And another casting call

watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-season-7-casting-begun/

>According to our sources, the show is currently casting two young Northern characters. Their names are unknown, with Game of Thrones being just as careful on their notices as they were last year.

>The first is a 16-year-old Northern girl. They’re looking for an actress with a northern accent to take part in what’s being called “a high-stakes scene with leading cast members.” Her physical description isn’t specified, except for her needing to be white.

>The second role is for a 10-year-old Northern boy. He appears to be a part of the same “high-stakes” scene as the teenage girl.

>(Info added 6/18: ) These particular roles will be filming in September and October. We’ve also heard there are other child roles being cast at the moment, but we haven’t received any more details on them.

Book Loras

>I buried him with mine own hands, in a place he showed me once when I was a squire at Storm's End. No one shall ever find him there to disturb his rest." He looked at Jaime defiantly. "I will defend King Tommen with all my strength, I swear it. I will give my life for his if need be. But I will never betray Renly, by word or deed. He was the king that should have been. He was the best of them."

Show Loras

>I lay with other men including the traitor Renly Baratheon.
>I perjured myself before the gods. I am guilty of depravity... dishonesty, profligacy, and arrogance.

What did D&D mean by this?

Literally our ship

Literally the best political match taking into account fertility, succession and age.

Literally North and South right down to personality and where they were born and yet poetically opposite of that

Literally a figurative Ice and Fire.

Literally covers all scenarios

>turn renly into a pussy afraid of his own blood
>turn loras into a turboslut who gets mindbroken
>cut connington
>cut satin

What indeed.

>Literally our ship
No that Cercei x Euron

Book Euron would eat Cersei for dinner. Euron x Mel is the spookiest, most blood magic fueled ship.

it's like when the first 3-4 posts in every thread were Azor[shit character] and you'd just scroll past the retards.

Only now you have to scroll multiple pages.

>posting show related news and info is the same as or even worse than azor posting

What did user mean by this?

protip, if you want to spark a discussion you don't overwhelm people with 40 posts, no one will read all of that shit, pick one.

If Dany sided with Asha/Yara in the show and now in season seven she will get btfo (at least her fleet will if Theon is captured instead of her which is more likely because in the books he escapes and is captured by Stannis) does that means it is possible that Dany does align with Victarion in the books, and then he gets btfo by Euron? Seems likely to me.

That's probably book 7 material though.

I'm not asking people to read all of that shit.

each post has in the first sentence of two or in the very first link, something that tells you what the post will be about, if the subject doesn't interest you, skip it by all means and onto the next post. If you don't care at all about info or set shit, skip it all.

At best there'll be discussion bout the post subject or my posting it, at worse you'll have skipped it. Either way, at least the thread got bumped and there's something ontopic there people can later on discuss if they want to or not.

Ignore him there's nothing wrong with bumping the thread with on topic content

it's not that it's wrong.
it's that it won't work.

no one will read all of this, so they won't reply to it.

You'd get better on-topic discussion by discussing just 1 interesting thing, rather than spamming 50 that no one will care about.

The only discussion you'll get with that is people talking about how much you spam.

> if Theon is captured instead of her

I think it'll be Yara who gets caught. They're making Theon regain his confidence and a great way of doing that is to have Yara, who's the strong one, get captured and Theon has to take charge and man up and lead the surviving Ironborn on his side to get her back and beat Euron.

Him being Euron's prisoner doesn't help much. Sure he might hold up against any torture Euron inflicts since Ramsay did more and worse, but being a prisoner again doesn't help his character with how he's been going

>does that means it is possible that Dany does align with Victarion in the books, and then he gets btfo by Euron?

Most likely.

Victarion is opposed to Euron and Euron knows it, even with his tricky horn business about who owns the horn, he probably has some plan to take out Dany and Vic if he needs to.

I think the show is wayyyyyy past trying to see which character get that other character,s part, and so on.

It might just be entirely different, 100% another story.

Emmy's next week, Sophie's still blonde so she's not filming yet it seems and Kit's gonna be presenting something which should be funny cause any woman they put next to him is gonna have a couple inches on his manlet self

>wake up
>its a bran thread

looks like its going to be a good day everyone

>dead thread
>good day

only Night King can save us

>she’s far more effective to fight with Jon than any of his other soldiers. She’s been training for years, she’s effectively like a Stark CIA agent, and I think if they would meet again

are you kidding me? no she fucking isnt, she's a mediocre swordsman if you're being generous, who can only really fight in pitch black which will never happen in a real battle. Stealing faces is only effective when you're not actually in a fight like a soldier, otherwise its a fucking useless skill that takes too much time to use at all.

You dont honestly think she sounds smart in this interview, do you? the whole thing is her verbally fellating her own character.

> Arya would be an incredible piece in battle and she would be very helpful and effective.

Yeah, very insightful thought.

>who can only really fight in pitch black which will never happen in a real battle

With the Long Night coming, it might

>You dont honestly think she sounds smart in this interview, do you?

I was more referring to her views of how Jon would react to Arya in trying to still see her as a little sister he has to protect and who needs him to survive

>someone lights one torch

>suddenly she sucks at swordfighting again

Good thing she knows how to run

Seriously though what is the point of arya

jons point is obvious, robbs was obvious, sansa is teetering on the edge of not having a point but will probably die anyway, brans is obvious, they never pretended rickon had a point, but arya has been stealing so much screen time for 6 seasons and has almost nothing to contribute to the main plot as far as skills or relevance as a character. you could have eliminated her entirely from the story and basically nothing would be different.

Jon could really be the glue to hold the family together, or a great way of setting them apart.

He's been through so much shit and losses, but is still the same guy under it all.

Sansa goes through shit, now she's cruel, distrustful of even her own family, manipulative and still selfish

Bran goes through shit, he's now 3 Eyed Raven and doesn't mourn the losses of Summer, Hodor, the previous 3 Eyed Raven, the Children, or Jojen previously

Arya goes through shit, more book stuff but she starts killing people as she sees fit and kills them in cruel ways in the show.

Reuniting with Jon, they can either learn from his example to still hold onto a part of themselves they'd buried or thought they lost, or fully reject it in the presence of the ultimate symbol of that part of themselves, Jon.

Frumpy af

season 6 was dogshit but episode 8 was the straw that broke the camels back, the two following episodes were trash too. flashy visuals and nonsensical plot

prove me wrong, you cant. the same person who directed e8 will direct 1 or more episodes in season 7. pile of shit, i hate this show

World building and I have a strange feeling George planned out more for her but stuff that she needs to be older for and so he's just been giving her "filler" till she eventually gets old enough and the other pieces in the story get together enough for her eventual role.

Like George said Arya was one of the first characters he created and she has a role as love interest for Jon in the original outline, and I think he once said that she wasn't supposed to go to Braavos originally and would've gone to Castle Black but that he couldn't figure out what to do with her from there so he had to come up with stuff.

Snaketits still manages to look cute.

But yeah, Ellaria's a mess, what the fuck is she wearing?

In the book:
>when the sun has set, no candle can replace it
In the show
>ayyylmao lets fuck

Is she legally retarded do you think

You can't be retarded or autistic and be a good actor so -no

You're right there isn't any, but she's extremely popular anyway. Most people love the character/actress just for existing so we have to put up with her pointless extended story arcs while more plot relevant stuff gets shortchanged.

If her character was removed I wouldn't be so worried about a shorter season next year as everything seems to be coming together, but you can bet that Arya is gonna be the outlier there as she always is. There's already enough going to be going on in King's Landing that to throw a faceless assassin in and get an easy kill would just detract from the drama in that subplot, so she'll stay away from there and I certainly can't see her having a Stark reunion or doing anything in the War for Dawn against the White Walkers.

I think she will probably see Jon and Sansa from a distance but decide to go south. Then she'll probably converge with the Hound's story and take out the Brotherhood and Melisandre and they will spend way more screen time than they need to on it. After that I don't know what the fuck they're gonna do with her. Maybe take out Littlefinger?

>The film industry, any performing industry, is very ageist – for one reason or another, younger people get bypassed for a lot. It’s one of the most difficult things to change, because the only people who fight for it are young people, and by the time anyone’s willing to listen, they’re grown up and they’re not a young person anymore. In the UK at the moment, a lot of 16 year olds are fighting to get the vote, and by the time anyone will listen to them, the ringleaders of that will then be 18 and it’ll be like, “well now you can vote, have fun!” But it’s like, that wasn’t really the point, so it’s really tough, and it’s the hardest thing to fight, because you can only really fight it from being a young person.

top kek at self absorbed teenagers who complain about shit they want to see changed but never actively do anything about it. & this idiot actually acting like her nomination was a win for young people everywhere when at the end of the day that has nothing to fucking do with it. Its not as if young white actors get shafted during award season yearly, give me a break. plus you have years and years left in the industry. if you're going to complain about ageism in the industry, the real issue is not with entitled teenagers who aren't getting the leading roles they want right this fucking second, its with older actors and actresses. And as far as the voting age, youre rich and have nothing else going on in your life for work outside of GoT, if you actually care then do something about it. She wants to be a social justice icon so bad she's reaching to find ways to make her own career success applicable to real current issues.

Arya should have died in 6x08. even if it meant everything shes been doing for the last 2 seasons was a colossal waste of time. it was still a waste of time regardless, but unfortunately now we have to put up with her long scenes in almost every episode doing nothing of importance for two more seasons.

I really cant think of any use for her in the final battles. sneaking up behind people and assassinating them is a good meme but what character that matters does she actually have a real chance of doing that to? cersei? not going to happen. jaime is going to kill cersei. inb4 she takes jaimes face and kills cersei. not going to happen.

>Maybe take out Littlefinger?

Not that user but I have a feeling that she'll do some of the stuff you're talking about in regards to the Brotherhood and Melisandre, but that she'll get wounded and decide to head home.

Storm will hit her on the way to Winterfell, wound will get worse and worse until she dies with needle in her hands dreaming of home.

And maybe the point of her was that once revenge or hate has taken over your life and life goals from such a young age, that it's not easy or always possible to go back

Will we see this lad in S7? How big will his arms be?

I dont see the arya/jon relationship ever happening. and that was her main point in the original outline, but now that thats probably gone, she has no real point except for being the le tomboyish cool girl that doesnt like girly stuff stereotype that plebs love so much.

Can you believe I saw a jonaryafag who said Gendry was the rightful heir to the Iron Throne cause the Baratheons were dead?

he technically is but nobody will follow him and he's never coming back on the show anyway so who gives a shit

Could be George's take on a child soldier.

Bran in his own way is a soldier as his battles will be against the Walkers, except Bran will use magic for that.

Maybe Arya is a more "realistic" take on it where sure there's magic to make it more interesting, but she's killing regular people with her own hands and devices in her own personal revenge scheme and her own "war" vs Bran being a soldier for a large cause.

No he fucking isn't.

He's a bastard, and an unlegitimized and unackowledged one at that, bastards don't inherit.

>can you believe
Knowing the autism in this fan base, yes I can

how long until the inevitable male rape scene dabid will throw in for no reason other than pandering to social media feminists. i was fully expecting one in season 6 but they went the 'no rape or sex at all for a year' route instead

>no rape or sex at all for a year
i have bad news for you user...

>implying she's a good actress

>I think it'll be Yara who gets caught. They're making Theon regain his confidence and a great way of doing that is to have Yara, who's the strong one, get captured and Theon has to take charge and man up and lead the surviving Ironborn on his side to get her back and beat Euron.
That's a good point. Theon defeating Euron would be a good conclusion to his character.

daily reminder that there wasn't any female rape in GoT ever.

only character who got raped was Theon.