youtube.com/watch?v=PTVgUrRNM7E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcVhhZYEcg
youtube.com/watch?v=OYxNFmWcPg8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Slayer the original Nu-male SLAYER

Thoughts?

AOTY 2017 so far?

Alestorm

I wont say AOTY, but my favorite one so far has been Ex Deo - The Immortal Wars, but that's because I'm a huge nerd and I love the Roman history.

Nightmare Logic

agreed

>>>/reddit/

Alestorm, Gloryhammer and Twilight Force are false as fvck

youtube.com/watch?v=8QVDWvvFSp8&t=1531s

n i g h t b r i n g e r s

Is there such a thing as technical black metal but with a meatier, heavier sound than what guys like VBE, BAN, and DsO have?

Uh, kind of, if you're OK with mixing black and death.

youtube.com/watch?v=V9u-B6-EFWA

Anyone else watch it? Is it just a coincidence that their very first tv appearance is after Jeff died and Dave quit?

The new Hell (US) album will be AOTY.

>Slayer's very first TV appearance
But that was back in 2008

>Hell
oh shit that will indeed be AOT—
>(US)
fucking nu-male faggot

reave the AOTY to us

Oh oops. And Im showing they were even on Kimmel twice.

DOTY 2017 so far?

>Dave quit
FUCK OFF KING YOU FUCKING FIRED THE POOR MAN TO FEED YOUR EGO YOU JACKASS FAGGOT

thoughts on this album? I adore it, and the vast majority of abigor's discography

Oh, well he's been doing pretty well. His new album with Mike Patton comes out next week.

right here my friendo

Kelle Surut Soi

Have synths ever been used well in metal?

Somewhere in Time

youtube.com/watch?v=9v6iCt8Nk2Y

old abigor is pretty samey and boring, but if one could condense all their pre-comeback material into one album, it'd be one of the best examples of symphonic bm out there. I think the one you posted is the best of their traditional albums, but I'll take Fractal Possession over anything else they've ever done.

fair, fractal (and quintessence, I'd argue) are definitely their best works.

good examples

FP was one of the most INSANE releases of 2007, and that year saw the release of Fas[...], Ordo Ad Chao, Outre', UTD - Beneath The Odd Edge Sounds To The Twilight Contract Of The Black Fascist, De Ware Hond, Hoarse Industrial Viremia and The Epical Trilogy Of Vorlaufen I: Night Master amongst others

damn, 2006 - 2008 was the last truly fresh and exciting period in metal

>UTD - Beneath The Odd Edge Sounds To The Twilight Contract Of The Black Fascist
this is all one album, for those wondering (and that's the abridged title)

>2006 - 2008 was the last truly fresh and exciting period in metal
I really want to feel the excitement I would feel in those days when a band I liked that had at least more than two albums out already were about to release another one, and all these new acts were releasing their debuts, and everything was still new, as it should be, as it had been since ever

and then the 00s came and left us in darkness

I surely miss the mid-to-late 2000

>and then the 10s
sorry chaps, I'm having a moment

>tfw anxiety attack, feel like I'm being watched and house is haunted
metal for this feel?

be persecuted

idk what you lads are talking about
there's still great stuff coming out now if you just ignore all the bedroom atmoshit

Nu-Metal didn't exist back then

It's all very derivative or downright revivalist this decade

>all
Eh, I would say a large part of it is, yes, but not all of it.

Numales did though

ELDRITCH CRIES FROOOOOOOOOOM THE HIIIIIIIIILLLLS

New immolations ok. Its all i heard apart from emperor of sand and that sucked willy.

Grunge isnt invented for another year. Huh. We need another roleplay thread.

This dropped today, crazy as always.

>staytech

should i hand embroider my own patches

Pestilence's Spheres

Looking at how alestorm has evolved fucks me up

They were fucking dope till Back through time and when they finally decided to switch out Danny Evans i thought everything is gonna go uphill with that band.

They released the facebook video where Máté played the captain morgans revenge lead line and shit was suddenly high quality and dope

then they released sunset on the golden age which i thought was a huge dissapointment.
Suddenly you got those le meme duckshirts everywhere and the band just became a joke.

They got an amazing guitarist but aren't making any use of it at that point - they are focusing way too much on the keyboards

But then again the memething made em big and if they enjoy having all those 13 year old "trve metalhead fans" who am i to judge

black sails > sunset > no grave > morgan's > back through time
:)

Are Solstafir and Myruk worth seeing live? They're coming here in a few months.

>shitty post-rock and gay indie atmoshit
You decide

Myruk was a meme here some time ago, right? Probably gonna go just for the fuck of it.

Hell IV this year? You got a source for that?

youtube.com/watch?v=BpaxTjogp0E

have you heard Cryptworm?

Bitch im already there

BLASTING OUR WAY THROUGH THE BOUNDARIES OF HELL
NO-ONE CAN STOP US TONIGHT

LOSING GROUND THE FATE YOU FEEL IT DRAWS NEAR
FATALITY REALITY YOU AWAIT THE FINAL
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

Thoughts on the final Rainbow album? Listening through it for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, it's a ton better than I remember it being.

the way that you've found
it's alright

Any reccs for some memetier pv/grind albums?

only the best
youtube.com/watch?v=hwCwDf7zWlk

youtube.com/watch?v=g2_Yx6lzS1E

post weaboo-core
youtu.be/2XTI3hIGCTk

anime tiddy

I feel like Ex Deo are a little overlooked, but yeah if you aren't into the Roman schtick that album doesn't do a whole lot to blow you away.

>DJ Mann
youtu.be/aShV9i9fH1A

youtube.com/watch?v=pYpEw7fWWx4

youtube.com/watch?v=ychsn-MPV48&t
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ5XitXHtCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TquwNTcYvKc
youtube.com/watch?v=bl8vJ6jWOQY

more catchy tremolo riffs like these
youtube.com/watch?v=rjoM7fVH7F0

youtube.com/watch?v=cup9zJeBFbU

LIKE I DO
NO MORE LIES
UNLEASH THE BEAST INSIDE
youtube.com/watch?v=PTVgUrRNM7E

SA SA SA SA SA
SAMURAI SPIRIT
SA SA SA SA SA
SAMURAI SPIRIT
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcVhhZYEcg

I miss ROTNS posting

Enslaved, Emperor, Children of Bodom, Burzum and a lot of other less popular I can't think of atm

Phew, i was getting worried when ctrl+f 'Havukruunu' didnt yield any results. Genuinely the only great album this year... so far.

A lot of good ones already mentioned but Windir is missing, very synth heavy, yet great stuff.

This. Not that it is groundbreaking in any way, it's just as good as bread.

Nocturnus-s album The Key

Why am I so negative metal, I always doubt people are legit about metal, especially if girls are the subject. I would like to stop being so hateful towards entry tier faggots and let them enjoy their shit but I just can-t something about it just rubs me the wrong way and I can-t pin why that is.

this is fucking good

It's a sign, you should go join the Metal Archives, shitpost in their forums and make garbage reviews.

released today.

subtle Metal archives shitposting is the best shitposting. The amount of butthurt you can generate by taking a shit on the windscreen of a bandwagon is glorious.

I have not fallen that low not yet at least and I always recommend people shit they have not heard and steer them more beneath the surface but I don-t know why I-m even typing here about it instead of shitposting about some band, album or whatever.
/blogpost

What's the consensus on Gorguts—Obscura? Sounds like 2artsy4u music which just happens to be metal

It's pretty good. It only sounds weird if you don't like/aren't used to atonal music, but a lot of death metal is atonal.

Power metal recommendations for newbie gf?

Post what you're blastin' lads.

Any '90s Stratovarius.

Thanks.

Will listening to metal get me sex from girls?

Glam will, but most people who listen to it are flaming faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYxNFmWcPg8