Does any movie surpass this one in terms of "swerves from great to shit in the last ten minutes"?

Does any movie surpass this one in terms of "swerves from great to shit in the last ten minutes"?

inb4 hurr Sunshine third act durr

I didn't hate the last ten minutes, but it did feel like I was watching a different movie.

Would have been better if the aliens killed her as soon as they saw her and then roll credits.

Not "great to shit" but Dope has a terrible ending.

Dope was shit all the way through

it should have ended when she got on top of the car and saw the ship.

Hollywood Producer ending it should have ended when she was on the Highway leaving you to decide which road she would take
KINO

I honestly don't think so. The aliens being real isn't so bad, but the part where she singlehandedly nukes their ship with a bottle of wine is ridiculous.

this

>IF I WAS WHITE WOULD I HAVE TO WRITE A SCHOLARSHIP PAPER

yes. you would.

>but Dope has a terrible ending.

I think "that part" was still quality in fact it felt better directed, acted and edited than the whole rest of the movie, which was the real problem. The ending just didn't fit the context of the film at all and the whole college thing weighed the fun/wacky atmosphere of the rest of the film. I think whoever made it, made it with that ending in mind and just tried to write a B8 story that would fool people into seeing it.

I watched this movie on an airplane

I have no idea what happened in the last 10min. I literally couldnt not see what was going on on between the tiny ass screen and all the glare crap in the plane

Just loud distorded noises and her deciding to drive back into something at the very end?

Neon Demon

>he completely miss understood the moral

more like the last minute though i guess
what the fuck were they thinking

This movie had no purpose and was seen by people only because it has Cloverfield in it's name.
It was a generic huis clos, it was an episode of the 4th dimension. The twist wasn't a twist because you knew already there was something outside.
Shit movie from begining to end.
Shit shit shit.

>she climbs out of bunker in her shower curtain radiation suit
>looks around
>birds flying
>dude made it up he was just crazy
>remove suit
>hear noise in distance
>stand on truck to see
>alien spacecraft
>bunker explodes
>alien ship comes to investigate
>tentacle alien
>kills it
>finds bottle of scotch
>blows up alien ship
>makes her way in car
>Baton Rouge to hide Houston to fight
>she chooses Houston
>the end

John Wick.

I saw it because I like the actors and enjoy confined one location thriller movies. If anything the fact it was connected to Cloverfield was the most offputting part.

Although on the flipside if it wasn't for the branding I might not have heard about this movie and I definitely wouldn't have got the chance to see it at my local cinema.

>Huur2deep4u
Nope it was shit, faggot

Dreamcatcher

this movie is the KING of final act ruination

This one does. Not only it destroyed the whole movie, it's also undone everything happened in the series and also the reputation of the writer and director.

most horror movies

Hancock
First half
>haha drunk nigger superhero
Second half
>nigger is related to white woman with powers and they fight.

>someone puts this on
>no idea what it's about
>enjoying the buddy-criminal story with the gritty characters
>suddenly vampires
>wat

it fell apart as soon as the main focus of the movie's name came into play, and not because it was bad, but because the stuff that made up the first half was so good in comparison

not related but they were 'soulmates' or something. Fuck what a dip in quality that movie had

The ending to this movie literally felt like you are fucking a fresh tight pussy and then her dad walk in on you. Instaboner killer.

the entire film is mediocre shit

Sup Forums has shit taste

>looking a father in the eye as you creampie his daughter
>not the greatest shit ever
It's okay, you gay folk have gained a lot of ground in the last decade.

THESE
wow what a shit way to ruin the movie(s)

good job RLM shills

>yeah then he smacks you in the head with a bat and drags your body into trash
>y-yeah that was totally worth it man

This ending would have been perfect if they didn't show the aliens and had kept what she was trying to escape from ambiguous.

Cabin in the woods does the opposite.

Except the literal only good moment of the film is within the last fucking minute.

Kill List

It would have also been nice if they kept John Goodman's character morally grey as well. By the end of the film, she's entirely vindicated in everything she does which just kills the atmosphere of the whole thing.

What's that movie where the guy goes comatose about 20minutes before it ends?

Terrible taste fampai. Wick is a near-perfect film.

Like Don't Breathe, I hated how they had to try to vilify him. He was a weird fucking guy. If he wasn't such a weird fucking guy, he wouldn't have a bomb shelter. The paranoia of "maybe this guy is lying" is enough.

The whole movie is about her not running away anymore.

not necessarily Sup Forums but most stephen king stories are great in the beginning and middle, and then by the end, its almost as if he forgot where he was going, realized he already wrote like sixteen-hundred pages, and decides, "fuck it, ill just kill every character in the book and call it a wrap"

The book of Eli

>He was blind all along. Something something Jesus. Something something faith.

Even if you are religious, it doesn't make a lick of fucking sense. Genuinely made me angry.

Don't even watch that nerd shit bro.

I don't think he was blind all along. His eyes at the end look different from when you see them earlier in the movie.

agreed

I was extremely disappointed she didn't become a sex slave. Damn liberals I tell ya making the world a shitty place.

anime is for fucking retards

post her feet

I think it was implied that he was blind before the apocalypse, and then God gave him sight so that he could give the bible to Malcolm McDowell, and when that was done God took away his sight because God is a huge asshole.

That ending was a fucking mess.

>implying

Not Sup Forums, and not the last 10 minutes.
But it needs to be said.

>i will never be trapped in a bunker with her
she would be forced to settle for me since every one is dead, r-right?

It's a far-fetched twist and kinda spoils the ending a little, but watching the movie again, the director covered his bases.

Example:
>Eli is fighting some group in a Shanty town
>Baddie being all slow and quiet
>You think Eli would notice, but he hasn't shot the dude yet
>Baddie makes noise (yells or something)
>Eli hears this and kills him.

Don't Breathe

>great survival movie with entertaining premise
>Last 10 minutes
>I'm not a rapist, but I'm gonna inject this turkey buster full of my cum to your asshole lmao

Most of it was boring filler shit desu. At least the ending was interesting.

I liked the ending

fite me

The thing with keeping the girl hostage was fine, but you're right. It felt like some executive said "Throw in a super edgy twist or no one will care".

>movies that go from shit to great in the last ten minutes?

Sunshine third act is atrocious. would love to hear the opinion of someone who liked it.

I feel the same way about the second half of Martyrs but I might be willing to try that one again.

TENDER
MEW

FOOTPUSSY

MEW lad

>Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Fine arts teacher, and part time dancing instructor. A college friend of Annie, she occasionally visits during your guitar lessons to chat, drink wine, and sometimes dance with the either of you.

MCU
C
U

I get the feeling he can't decide how to end it, so he ends it several times.

you guys are all fucking plebs.
the entire bunker plot was so fucking stupid and contrived. cinematography was garbage too.

the only redeeming factor of the entire movie WAS the last 20 minutes which elevated it to a funny action flick from a fucking snooze fest.

That was the best part of the movie. Everyone in my theater laughed hysterically when she shoved it into his mouth

If it ended with the trumpets and left the apocalypse ambiguous it could have been great

This.

Are audiences such plebs, or filmmakers such cowards, they can't just end a fucking movie where it needs to end, and throw extra shit in...like an extraneous action sequence where a fucking booze-bomb blows up an alien dropship capable of besting the US military?

DELETE THIS!

>he didn't leave the theatre as soon as the aliens showed up

I was bursting for a piss for the last third of the film and heard that the last 10 minutes was CGI monster nonsense that had nothing to do with the actaul movie, so I just went to the bathroom and didn't bother going back in.

Cliffhanger endings are the worst.

the last 1/3 of sunshine is fucking garbage

and the last 10 minutes of 21 cloverfield were literally a joke, the movie pretty much ends when she exits the bunker

And...back to plebbit with you. Go.

jesus, i'm still mad about this

nah, it was great

cliffhanger endings are hard to pull off

I liked it, but I recognize it's flawed (granted I think I dislike it for different reasons than most). I feel it's rushed and I thought Pinbacker was poorly developed, but it wraps up the character arcs of most characters pretty nicely.

This is the second MEW thread I've seen you post that reaction pic in and now I'm gonna be disappointed if I never see it in another MEW thread again