Memes aside, is this actually a good scene?

Memes aside, is this actually a good scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2015/04/christopher-nolans-favorite-sequence-from-his-movies-is-the-airplane-kidnapping-scene-from-the-dark-knight-rises-264861/
bane.wikia.com/wiki/Post-Credit_Scenes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. Only the first few minutes.

>Memes aside
There is no such thing as life without memes

Watching it was extremely painful.

Yes

First you have to ask what would make the scene good or bad.

>Establish the movie's tone
>Establish Bane's character
>Establish Dr. Pavel's role

It did all of those well, so in that sense it's a good scene.

>so in that sense it's a good scene.
For you. But perhaps I am wondering why anyone would throw in such horrible dialogue before going futher into the movie.

It's the tone for the rest of the movie.

Wooden acting, not a lot of sense and dumb shit happens.

The movie never changes from that. Hothead scene, retarded fist fight between cops and banemen. The other two dark knight movies had some grounding in reality but this one just seems to have gotten a stroke.

The wordplay is key.

So far we've seen Bane's a mercenary leader, with loyal thugs, and a frankly ridiculous mask. Barely a step up from Batman and Robin Bane, not a threat to Batman.

The complex nature of the plane heist and the elaborate taunting wordplay with CIA establish that he's clever as well.

There, now Batman has a real foe.

no, that's why it's memes

Bane goes from knowing that the CIA is lying about his threat to throw all but one of the hostages out of the plane to convincing one of his henchmen to die because they're expecting to find just one body in the wreckage (of a plane that will be full of evidence of a violent hijacking).

This scene, like the rest of the movie that follows, is bad. The only reason it even became a meme is because trolls used it to hammer home the disappointment to all of the Nolan fanboys who had convinced themselves that TDKR was going to be one of the greatest films ever made.

Also, how did the pilots of the CIA plane not only allow a larger plane to hover right over them, but they CONTINUE to fly perfectly straight and level as men attempted to repel down and fire into the cabin.

All they had to do was move the stick slightly to the right and Banes entire plane would have failed.

It's a big scene.

I watched it with the tv on mute, with the stereo blasting 'sabatage' by the beastie boys...fucking brilliant

This. The whole thing became a meme because the scene was ridiculous in the first place.

No. The whole movie was a mess, and this scene is no different.

>Incredibly awkward dialogue, a lot of which makes little sense. (Why would you ask why he wears the mask? That doesn't seem like pertinent information. Wtf did Bane mean by "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask?")

>Incredibly convoluted plan that wouldn't have even accomplished anything. How the fuck would you replace ALL OF A PERSONS BLOOD? Furthermore, wouldn't they likely use dental records? Wouldn't it have been pretty obvious that the plane was crashed intentionally?

The scene is great because of how illogical and awkward it all is, not in spite of it.

You have read the novelization, haven't you?

It would be extremely confronting. Or perhaps I am wondering why I would read the novelization before watching the movie.

If I read it, would I understand?

Tell me about , why did he read the novelization?

Only good scene in the movie.

It would be extremely enlightening

ALOTTA LOYALTY FOR AN ANONYMOUS POSTER

Not to mention this bit:

CIA tells them that only one of the Hired Guns are on the Flight Plan, but then "shoots" one of the guys and his Men drag the guy over away from the exit. When Bane gets his hood removed, he sees this. Since CIA hadn't already killed the guy, it's pretty clear that he had no intention of killing any of them, meaning he was either lying when he said only one of them was on the Flight Plan, he was either lying, or none of them were listed in the first place.

In spite of this, he insists that one of the Hired Guns remain behind in the Wreckage Brother, which means that Bane was either somehow fooled by CIA's ruse, or he just hated that one particular guy for some reason.

>If CIA hadn't lied about throwing two of them out, Bane might have needed all three of them to stay in the wreckage brother WITH NO SURVIVORS, including himself for his incredibly well-thought out plan, ending the movie at the plane scene.

Though he might have just used a rando from his crew.

That's fucking fantastic, just the thought of it, The inner workings of the Master Plan are beyond the kin of we mere small guys.

Now is not the time for facts.

[spoilers]that comes later[/spoilers]

Fuck no, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Why did Bane enact such an elaborate scheme to find out what Dr. Pavel told CIA? Dr. Pavel was already in his grasp.

Those are some big dubs.

It's really cool Bane expects them to perform blood tests on the bodies they find in the crash to determine who was on board while not expecting anybody to question why the plane's wings were found miles away from the fuselage.

yeah this scene was dumb as hell ive watched it like 3 times and still cant tell what exactly the fuck is happening

>Doing blood tests on a pile of charred guts and aluminum

. N
BRAVO
. L
. A
. N

Oh, you expect to know the opening scene from TDKR after seeing it 3 times? But you've merely watched the scene. I have studied it. Engrossed myself in it.

I didn't know there were other movies until I was already a man and by then they were nothing to me but BLINDING

>They call him "The Plane Crasher". He crashes planes over flat plains in fly-over states all over the country. Usually abducts one of the passengers and leaves one of his accomplices in the wreckage. Pathologists say their last moments were extremely painful. he also uses forced perspective shots and body back ups to make him seem bigger than he actually is. Crazy scumbag...

I cannot believe that Nolan thinks this is his best work. Not praising Nolan or anything, but what the fuck.
>CIA not looking under the hoods of the prisoners before he brings them on the plane.
> Dr. Pavel could, at any point, reveal that Bane is in fact one of the prisoners after he is in CIA custody. There is no reason why he doesn’t do this.
> Pilots of CIA's plane not aware of another (gigantic) aircraft on their tail until it's right on top of them
>The blood transfusion, specifically, the fact that no forensic worker would ever check the blood of each passenger, as there would be no passengers, only charred lumps of flesh. If anything, they would check dental records. Pulling out Dr. Pavel’s teeth make more sense than a fucking thirty second blood transfusion.
> Bane leaving his own brother in the plane to die, even though CIA was clearly bluffing about “only one of” them being on the flight plan.
> Bane attempting to cover any of this up, when it the plane’s black box will immediately show foul play. Also the missing wings and the bullet holes and the man with a liter of Dr. Pavel’s blood in his system.

I had never noticed this!

I feel disappointed in myself now. All this time baneposting and I hadn't noticed something so simple...

Also, who the fuck is the masketta man in relation to CIA? Why do they have Dr. Pavel? Why is CIA paying for them to hand over Dr. Pavel? Why does CIA accept masked prisoners from such a shady fucking character?

Only explanation is that Nolan intentionally wanted this scene not to make sense.

On top of that, if CIA hadn't bluffed and actually killed off the other two men, how could Bane be sure that he would be last?
I mean, what if CIA had picked Bane first, pulled him out of the airplane and gone "tell me about Bane why does he wear the mask" and then shot and killed him?

Lads what's happening here

It's a cool concept, if a bit nonsensical. It's impossible to take seriously now though. The way its edited almost makes it seem like it's supposed to legitimately be a comedic scene, like the cutaway to the plane flying after the "For you" line almost seems like it's supposed to give the audience time to laugh before moving on. All that aside it's serviceable, not particularly great outside of meme magic, but I wasn't a big fan of the movie in general.

It kind of reminds me of my first time seeing Star Wars Episode 1 as a kid. Like, you just watch shit go on in front of you and you don't really think about it, but then later you realize the plot was needlessly convoluted, makes no sense, and was more or less the equivalent of a goodlooking homeless guy rambling on about nothing.

Are you talking about the crown jewel of kino?
L'Ascension du Chevalier Noir?

Bane was working with CIA to root out a mole in his organization.

That's why he waited for CIA to interrogate the second man, to see which of his hired guns would break.

That's why CIA ignores "Sir?", because he knows the plane is going to crash anyway.

That's why Bane only stuns CIA at the end.

Serious talk though, does anyone involved (Nolan, CIA, Hardy) know about Baneposting? Do they know how huge this is 4 years after the movie's release?

Aiden Gillen never talks about it, but apparently he hates it.
Makes sense though. Half of the meme is mocking his shitty acting and intonation

>go to Sup Forums looking for bane
>first post

you guys don't disappoint

Of course! But perhaps he is wondering why anyone would meme about this after Mr. Gillen refused to laugh about it. He had to find out what Hardy was laughing about. It was extremely funny!

for nolan

Source? I'm curious

Was disregarding the lore part of your plan?

Bane was the one that almost got thrown out at the beginning of that scene though

For all concerned parties!

Every year Sup Forums sends Gillen a birthday card with baneposting all over it

Apparently his wife manages his Twitter for him, so at least she is very aware of it

Nobody cared about Gillen before he put on this role.

He has a twitter?

>could be interpretted as bantz OR banes
porettrey

I hate you

>No one cared who I was til I put on the pants

>This close to quads

>board while not expecting anybody to question why the plane's wings were found miles away from the fuselage.
Obviously the plane began to break up in mid air. It's not that unlikely.

Wait, wait, wait.

There's something after the plane scene? What's it about?

I'm fucking checking your dubs brother.

4 u

tfw it was Nolans favorite scene to direct in his career

>indiewire.com/2015/04/christopher-nolans-favorite-sequence-from-his-movies-is-the-airplane-kidnapping-scene-from-the-dark-knight-rises-264861/

No.

Nolan's first Batman film was bretty good. I think people liked the change from the old style cape. So people were real hyped for the next movie.

The Dark Knight came round and they released the opening scene of the bank robbery as a bit of a hype preview or something and it was great for what it was. An intro to the film.

They tried to do the same 5 minute set piece again only this time it didn't fly so good. Didn't they re-do all Bane's lines because of how poorly received Bane's ridiculous voice was. They didn't exactly fix it in the final cut.

this is unrelated but i live in dublin and see aiden gillen fairly frequently, and i had to say somewhere that he dyes his hair pretty blatantly. He has this little white streak going above his ears and then deep brown hair everywhere else

>Him, I need healthy. You present no such problem.

Bane couldn't torture Pavel because he needed him to work on the bomb.

Did you ever call him a big guy?

So are we making fifty Bane threads again tonight?

didnt we have some guy here who bought joseph gordon levitt's clothes from some shit movie he was in?

why can't we buy the authentic CIA outfit?

bane.wikia.com/wiki/Post-Credit_Scenes

It doesn't matter what the lore says, what matters is the scenes portrayed in the film.

>"memes aside"
>probably the longest running meme in /tv history