Spending $7,263,179 a day on cigarettes

>spending $7,263,179 a day on cigarettes
>feels bad man
anyone here managed to quit?

My friend is only now realising his girlfriend has a problem. A couple hundred a week on packs. It's just not worth it user.

I managed to quit, it's been 7 days since my last cig

I don't know if you're as addicted to having cash as I am, but if you are, everytime you go to buy a pack, think about where else the money could go. Kept me off picking it up again.

Yes mate it's easy just chose to stop. I know that sounds like I'm being a dickhead but it is that easy user pick a day or wait till you finish the pack you are on and say that's my last I'm not a smoker anymore. It's been over two and a half months for me now.
>you can do it user we Sup Forumselieve in you.

245 days, although I got Champix from my Doctor. I stopped smoking within 3 to 4 days of taking it.

Same story for me. Just stopped. Been seven years now but I don't get all sanctimonious if others around me want to smoke. Just sidle upwind.

I roll my own and smoke only with booze. So I dont spend that much..

Used to smoke a moderate amount, mostly in social situations.
Switched to snus because I started scuba diving and I already don't work out so I thought I'd stop ruining My lungs.

Never had a problem quitting, and i'm 100% sure i could quit snus without any issues. I Guess I'm not that prone to addiction or something.

lol wut

That helped me too. Since I put down the cigarettes finally I can buy up to 5 buttplugs and dragon dildos a week.

On a more serious note I know that this is a bait/spam thread, but since Saturday I'm a part of Nicorette chewing and vaping faggot team. And I pray to Hiroyuki that I won't start smoking again like I did many times before.

>and i'm 100% sure i could quit without any issues
said every addict ever.

get a vape, worked for me..... mostly

>I quit smoking and am happy
>still counts every day without one

Just google what that Champix is.
>Possible side effects: suicidal thoughts
wtf

Damn dude and i thought i smoked a lot.
Then again i dont have 7mil to spare per day

Nah, in Zimbabwe dollars it's like 0.03 USD

I have an app that counts for me, tell me how much tar I havent smoked, money saved ect

Ok, I go to the point. What is the main problem?

It was originally an antidepressant remarketed to what it is because people stopped smoking while taking it. Its an SSRI and most of them have the same side effect warning for people under a certain age.

>still keeps track of a habit he claims to not have

I quit cold turkey. I miss smoking but the smell on my hands was disgusting.
It's been two years.

name of app?

what are you trying to prove? if it helps him, what's the problem?

we all have our ways of managing addiction

My QuitBuddy, its an Australian Government one but it might work for others

i did.
some friends moved to vaping, they got me interested, i tried, i like it.
some months later i bought mine and stopped to use normal cigarettes.
i vaped for like 2 weeks with nicotine, then gradually removed it over another 2 weeks, and since i was not addicted to nicotine anymore i stopped vaping too, too much effort to make it work (prepare the liquid, charge it, clean it...)
it is more than a year now.

>Government software
>Australian government software

noooooooooooo thank you.

your government has a bad track record when it comes to privacy.

I started vaping to quit been 4 months now. In the past I was Albee to just quit this time took a while before I tried camping which worked.

Yes. Do ayahuasca or DMT and you may find it's much easier to quit. I had a 2pk/day habit, had tried to quit 100 times, and after smoking DMT i put them down and never looked back. It just has to click.

please don't recommend DMT or ayahuasca to someone who just want's to quit smoking.

that's very irresponsible even if it worked for you.

Psychedelics aren't a magical solution to ones problems.

I feel you. I really enjoy smoking and it seems like just a little money at a time, but when I think about how much I spend a month I'm floored. Sucks.

Allen Carr "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" has a 90% success rate. It worked for me and everyone I recommended it to.

This.

personally i don't buy into that self help bullshit. it works cuz it's a placebo. it works if you think it works and go through with it and actually stop.

but then again, you can't argue with progress.

gl quitting snus din tönt.

if you have a problem roll your own it's cheap and you decide what you put in them

This is when we start shitting on each other's taste.

take an 8th of mushrooms and at your peak trying smoking a cig. You will feel your body rejecting it as your mind detaches itself from the feeling of addiction. Worked for me 3 months ago and haven't had the urge since

On my 4th day..my gf, my bestfriend and I all decided to stop together..we're quite uptight to eachother but we stay strong

7 year long smoker here,
cigarettes used to cost me around £10 a day.
I quit the Smoking Jew about 5 months ago now, and it was literally the best decision I ever made in my life.

I'm saving so much money, and my lungs feel great.
Of course, you're gonna miss those nighttime, thoughtful cigarrettes, and cigarretees after a good meal... yeah, there were definitely pros to smoking, but any non-delusional, rational person can conclude that the cons outway the pros. Nothing justifies ingesting that many mystery chemicals into your body.

I feel about 500% fitter and healthier.
Do it, user.

stand strong on the "icky 3's"; by the third day, you'll be tested. by the 3rd week you'll be tested, and by the 3rd month you'll be tested. after that, you're a free man. God speed, user.

>"a day"
You spend 7 mil per day on cigs?!

Anyone tried one of these?
I have 2 packs, and will keep one, open the other
They are really old and have no filter.

oh interesting. what are they like then user?

my father once said to me that the old filterless were the best. not only because they have no filter

Its not that I couldn't stop. I really don't want to.

Its a conversation piece, 2 and a half minutes for something to do like waiting for a car/ taxi, those spare minutes at home before I go to work, breaks with work mates etc. I feel like its part of me, I'm clinging to it like my ex.

i smoked for about 13-14 years, i quit 7 years ago.
i used the nicotine gum and willpower to get me thru it.

i've been tempted every now and then to pick it up again because i do miss it, but it's not worth it. especially now that cigs are ridiculously expensive. i was actually shocked at the prices these days.
i was a carton and a half a week smoker so i would be destitute if still smoked.

Well i tried one, i gotta say they have a very diffrent taste. But i think they would taste better if they were new, i think the ones i have are from 70's

I quit by carrying a full unwrapped pack in my pocket for a few months, as long as I knew they were there I'd always find an excuse to have one "later".

>not vaping 1.1million on coils pussy flavoured juice.

Been a while since a last saw alf garnet, kek

Buy a juul fuckboy. closest thing there is to a cigarette without it being a cigarette. same type of throat feeling and everything.

Trust me snus is X10 worse than quiting smokes.
Pls tell me you don't gut that shit

Depends on the person. I get really addicted to cig so I refuse to buy some myself and only get from friends. Snus I have sitting within arms reach or in my pocket and I never feel an urge to take one, only when drunk :)

Sure, haven't lit a cigarette in over a year, since the end of may last year.
>been smoking for almost 10 years
>finished my project for wooden constructions and turned it in on thursday (I've been working on it the whole semester)
>been smoking 1,5 pack a day during the semester (in the end at least 2 packs a day)
>friday and saturday is student day festival (2 days of free concerts)
>I said I'm quitting after student day
>get shitfaced on friday
>don't remember much
>wake up with ankle swollen, almost triple the size (in the end it turned out it was only a pretty fucked up sprian)
>go to ER
>get cast on leg
>spend next two weeks with cast
>can't really move and it hurts when I move, didn't even think about cigarettes
>after two weeks got cast off and next week on crutches
>didn't smoke for 3 weeks so let's see how long I can endure
>over a year from then and still haven't lit

All you need to know about life is retained in those four walls. You will notice that one of your personalities is seduced by the illusions of grandeur: the gold packet of king-size with a regal insignia, an attractive implication towards glamour and wealth, the subtle suggestion that cigarettes are indeed your royal and loyal friends - and that, Pete, is a lie. Your other personality is trying to draw your attention to the flip side of the discussion: written in boring bold black and white, it's a statement that these neat little soldiers of death are in fact trying to kill you - and that, Pete, is the truth. Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren. That that starts sweet ends bitter, and that which starts bitter ends sweet. THAT is why you and I love the drugs and that is also why I cannot give that painting back. Now please, pass me a light.

I did the same thing, haven't had a smoke in almost 3 years

Yeah true, I used it it for 2 years then quit because of bad gums and breath.
Used around a can per week.
I moved onto snus pouches as not as strong but slightly more expensive.
Keep it in the fridge when possible keeps it fresh, I used to add a little lemon or orange peel to it too

>going through a depressive episode
>semester is ruined for me
>just stay at home on vidya
Should I start?

Not, op but no are you retarded son, the health benefits and money saved from not smoking is paramount.
Fuck I'd bet you'd do herion if it was cool like back in the 90,s.

Easiest wait to quit is probably LSD therapy. In the end, just the thought of smoking makes you ill.

>anyone here managed to quit?

Yup.
Stop quitting and just quit.
Throw the cigs you have with you into the nearest trash bin and don't buy more.

I'll never understand this. If you want to quit, just quit. Stop it. What the fuck is so hard about that?

I do like 3-4 packs while tripping.

Did quit some like 2 years ago, I miss them but I'd never get back, seriously. Saving some like 1600 euros by year

The fucking "addiction" part, you retarded diarrhea golem.

economic one

You don't even get how hard can it be, it's like asking a fag to stop being rammed because being straight is healthier.

exactly what i wonder here

>know it's running my lungs, heart, and tastebuds
>pack/half pack a day smoker
>Just don't want to quit
Anyone else feel me?

Stops making nigger dick then fagot.

7m in OSRS GP

For me the hard part is my environment. When I put down the cigarette for a day or two, I become an asshole. I mean I'm an asshole by default, but without cigarette even I hate myself. I started to smoke again each time to avoid being fired, or to avoid being kicked out of my home.

Even though my state recently added a $2 per pack tax I still smoke. I also have no intention of quitting. Boils down to being to pussy to kill self but still want to die. Cancer is how I choose to die what have you done with your life

Yeah, I don't get it. Just stop.
Apparently not. The closest things I've had to addictions are caffeine and sugar, and it's fucking easy as shit to give them up.
u wot

>heroin
I'm not into trends, I'm always waiting for the things to end before getting into it. Since this is the time when smoking isn't cool anymore, maybe I'll pick it up huh.

Sorry, smoking nigger dicks, my bad

Oh god. Everyone who has ever said those lines around me was a huge douche.

Caffeine and sugar are pussy compared to nicotine mate, no contest. I've seen people go insane for lack of cigarettes, never seen someone go on rampart because no sugar or coffee.

Too true man. Hit me in the feels

Okay, I just don't get it. I tried a cig once too and it tasted like ass. Shit is beyond me.

>quitting is hard
???
I've been smoking for years and I still don't get cravings when I don't smoke.

You are lucky. It's an acquired taste. Nobody likes the first cigarette. Nor the second one. But they keep trying until they get used to it. And learn to like it. And this how we fuck ourselves. The stupidest shit in the world.

Quit 3 times using champix.. shit is totally legit and I had lucid dreams that were so amazing it's hard to deceive .. highly recommended ... but just know you're always be quitting .. I haven't had a cig for 2 years but still think about it ..it's not that bad though.. the hardest bit is the first day without .. then the first few days... after that it's actually not terrible

>wanting to acquire a taste for cigs
lolwut

Sounds like someone went in to psychosis. Nice mental illness downy fuck, psychedelics are the way to go user

>nobody likes their first cigarette
That's a lie though.

Switch to weed.
Peace out.

I was smoking for nearly 10 years and one I woke up and said enough is enough. I smoked and drank a lot the night before. I wanted a cigarette in the morning but just said "meh, too much work". I was smoking an average of 12 cigarettes a day. It wasnt very difficult to quit. the first week I always caught myself reaching for my lighter every time I went outside and making sure I had a lighter before leaving the house. I feel that continuing to smoke weed really helped me quit. Being able to smoke atleast something helps and being high makes me forget about cigarettes. I've been tested many times and honestly it has been very easy to turn down offers of cigarettes. two weeks ago I was on vacation and one night when we were drinking, my girlfriend even said "its ok if you smoke one tonight, I know you wont just keep smoking." nope.

82 days without a smoke(app keeps track)

The same as whisky for example.
If you liked your first cigarette (inhaled to the lungs, not only in the mouth), then congrats.

First cig stories
>Be 13
>On holiday with extended family
>Sleep in a hotel room with 2 uncles, 1 aunt, and my 2 brothers
>Both uncles smoke, one of leaves his cig next to him
>Steal one and head to the balcony; windy tonight
>Try that thing in the movies where the guy would smoke, enjoy the scenery, contemplate life, etc.
>End up coughing too much I dropped the cig, went inside and grab a drink, came back to find the cig got swept off the balcony
>Go take a shower to remove the smell before going to sleep

When I was young (12-13), I got so raging boners every time I smoked a cigarette, it's unbelievable. I was dizzy, trying to jack off, and could not cum for the sake of god.

smoke weed, not cigs. But don't plunge into weed like it's free either. buy a gram and smoke a bowl once every 3 days. you'll feel better

are you in love with a particular brand?

weed is hard to come by being in the suburbs and all, also my country implements the death penalty for dealers so kinda hard to find any.

The king of cigarettes

if youre in the usa, you can call 1-800-quit now and they'll ship you free nicotine patches or nicotine gum to help you quit. no catch; it's just some jews trying to help out.

they have to use better tobacco because the taste isnt toned down

Too bad i guess..

Did you have an innervision?

M-my nigga...