Besides Event Horizon which films would you consider to be unofficial Warhammer 40k films?

Besides Event Horizon which films would you consider to be unofficial Warhammer 40k films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lord Inquisitor, too bad about the shitty voice acting.
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

Mad Max Fury Road had a very strong Age of Strife feel imo

Stranger Things is kinda "what if" scenario for 40k.
>What if Cold War-era US government discoverd becalmed Warp and tried to study/weaponize it.

It also has this /tg/ motive going on.

Upside down = Warp
El = Psyker
Monster = weak ass minor daemon

It wouldn't be as bad if they fixed the lip sync, still excited about it though.

>this 100% fan made

Other than the voice acting, how the fuck?!

Those aren't a totally no-ones
>music is by composer who did ost for official 40k ultramarines movie
>script co-written by A. Dembski-Bowen, one of main Black Library authors right now.
>one of animators was one of senior animators for The Witcher 3
>other probably worked on other games/movies.

This + shitload of dedication.

>Witcher 3 animator

That's probably why. Holy shit, this looks so good.

The Games Workshop hasn't shut this down yet? They don't usually like shit like this

I heard they got really more lenient with fan-made stuff when the new CEO got in.

As for OP, Dredd is a great Arbites movie. The ties are obvious considering GW started 40k after they lost the license to do Judge Dredd games.

It's being released for free and it was just one guy making it. And it looks so goddamn good, it works as promotional material for them. Shit, they should be hiring the guy.

They actually helped by allowing them (dem trips) to help in production for free

I... I don't see it.

The power armour looks nothing like 40k.

They are literally phoned-in lines, the original is in German.

I thought it's all one guy animating it?
And ADB didn't co write the script.
>The short version is that I was in and out of the project over the course of 4-ish years - in tediously amicable ways - but the end result is that I left when I said I couldn't do a script I was happy with, within the boundaries of the storyline. There are some lines of my dialogue in the prologue, and a couple of the characters from various incarnations of the script were mine, but all in all, naw, I didn't write it. The story is all Erasmus, so the credit goes to him.
Got to hand it to him, this is the most polite and nice way of saying "I threw a shitfit when I couldn't get my way"

>shitty voice acting
It's dubbed from German but I can see that the acting needs improvement. Could be worse. They could have featured Captain Boreale.

The Thing was like a Tyrannid scout or something

I always thought event horizon was a unofficial doom movie

Pitch Black, obviously. A planet taken over by Tyranids.

Riddick is obviously about the power in a Hive city for control over the IG

I mean Vin Diesel plays 40k even, obviously they're almost official 40k films heavily inspired by it.

Inquisitor Coldsteel on a mission to bring edge to the grim darkness

Starship troopers captured the feel of the guard vs nids

Universal Soldier definitely.

And Sleepy Hollow has a nice Mordenheim feel about it.

Trust me, in 40k lore, he isn't even close to edgy.

Beat me to it.

>SPESS MEHREENS! SLEH VIS HEREHTIK IN THE NAME OF TEH EMPRAH!
Oh god no...

I'd always imagined it would be cool if the humans (turns out to be like an I.G. exploratory and mining expedition) are all kicked off the planet, and then it's all peace and rainbows and love for Pandora.

Then in a final scene or post credits scene, a ship lands, a ramp lowers, and a proper astartes space marine walks down the ramp.

it's a shame the inquisititor is such a faggoty edgelord because it looks great

BATTLE BROTHERS
SPEEHS MEHREEENS

IT IS THE BEEEEIIIIIINNNBBLLLLAAADE!!!

YOU HAVE CAPTAIN DIOMEDES

METUL BAWKSES

The sound those space marines make when walking is pretty badass.

fifth element?

some parts remind me of a hive city

"Society" (1989) is a pretty good pick if you want a secret Slaaneshi cult.

>that nerdy self insert

seeing those naked prisoners in the parade made me think

Slaanesh is by far the most fucked up Chaos God.
Khorne just kills you quickly.He only wants blood.
Nurgle rots you away slowly but you don't really feel it.He even makes his followers practically immortal.Prolly the nicest chaos god.
Tzeentch just wants to trick you.

Slaanesh on the other hand jerks off on your face while making you suffer in the worst possible way.

would a bug chaser worship Slaaneeh or Nurgle?

They do it for pleasure so Slaanesh.

what if they prefer daddies over twinks and want to get with Papa Nurgle?

Then they're screwed.
Nurgle followers just fear death and wanna be immortal. Most of them also don't wanna feel anything anymore. They just decay kinda.

It would help if the movie wasn't complete shit.

I see you're not familiar with 40K.

They're not prisoners, stop posting.

Needed more dakka

GW is actually helping it. They've changed ever so slightly since getting a new CEO

If GW had a retard asshole level of 10,000 3 years ago, they have a level of 9,998 now.

Doesnt even have to be Nids. Lots of xenos horrors exist in the galaxy.

The thing with 40k is just about every setting is possible

Westeros, Mad Max, Dredd, Pandorum, Total Recall, and Blade Runner could all exist on different planets with almost no story or character changes and stay lore accurate