Why Jesus is the Messiah

Why Jesus is the Messiah

8/6/-3914

Why Jesus is the Messiah (From Prophecy to the Rapture)

Notes:
- How scripture is quoted: Name-of-Book Chapter:Verse(s) Ex. John 3:16-18
- Words in red are Jesus’s words. (Can't copy and paste red. Tough)
- “Son of Man” is one of many titles referring to Jesus.
- A prophecy is a divinely inspired foretelling of what is to come.
- The title “Messiah” means “chosen one of God.”
- The Bible is the divinely inspired, infallible, Holy written word of the most high God. While it was “written” by men, it would be accurate to think of these men as gloves that God wore while he wrote the Bible.
- Get yourself a 1611 Authorized Version King James Bible and read it daily. This is the version where God preserved his Holy Word specifically for the English language. All others are corrupt.

Why Jesus Is The Messiah

- The price of sinning is death.

Romans 5:12 (The man being spoken of was the first man ever created, Adam)
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

- All men have sinned.

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

- It takes the shedding of innocent blood to make an atonement for sin and Jesus lived without sinning. His blood was shed for us so that we may be forgiven of our own sins.

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 9:22
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 Peter 2:22
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Prophesies of the Birth of Jesus the Messiah

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Micah 5:2 (Prophecy of Jesus being born in Bethlehem)
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Matthew 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Birth of Jesus

Matthew 2:1-2
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Luke 2:7 & 11 (Note: The city of David is another name for Bethlehem)
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus’s Mission On Earth

Luke 5:32
I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 19:10
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 12:44-50
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 17:1-3
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1 John 4:14-15
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Jesus’s Death

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

1 Peter 3:18 (The word “quicken” means “to make alive”)
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Jesus’s Resurrection

Luke 24:5
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

Luke 24:23
And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 10:9-11
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Fuck off you cunt

sage

Jesus’s Ascension to Heaven

Mark 16:19
So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Luke 24:51
And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Acts 1:9-11
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rapture

Revelation 12:1-5
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

We truly know we’re at the end of the age of grace due to the words of the prophet Isaiah informing us that God has told us the end from the beginning.

Isaiah 46:9-11
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Isaiah 48:5
I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Revelation 22:6
And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

6,000 years ago, in the beginning, this sign appeared in the heavens. Now, this sign which signifies the rapture is scheduled to appear once more, the final time, on September 23rd, 2017 seven years before Jesus begins his 1,000 year reign on earth. At no other point in history does this sign appear than at the beginning and the end. Here is a visual of the verses of the Revelation 12 sign then and now:

In verse 5 the phrase “caught up” is translated from the Latin word “raptus” (which is where we get our modern English word of rapture from) which means: carrying off, abduction, violent snatching or dragging away. In the Greek (The New Testament was originally written in Greek) the phrase “caught up” is “harpazo” which means: to seize, to carry off by force, claim for one's self eagerly. This event takes place so suddenly that the children of darkness are caught completely unawares, but the children of light will know that the rapture is coming and will be ready.

Matthew 24:37-39
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

From these verses we know that the believer is expected to be waiting and watching for a specific point in time and that believers will know when the rapture is to occur. The scriptures go even further to suggest that we already know the times and seasons when the rapture is to take place.

God, the Most High, has given us for the observation of times and seasons the very heavens themselves. We are told that the sun, moon, and stars are designed so that we may know times and seasons.

Genesis 1:14
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Psalms 104:19
He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

A common argument against the authenticity of the rapture is that Jesus stated that no man knows the day or hour when he will return.

Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Firstly, this verse was referring to when heaven and earth shall pass away had nothing to do with the rapture. Secondly, Jesus was speaking to a Jewish audience so it is only appropriate that we attempt to understand what he said in a Jewish context. One thing that stands out to us is that the Jews observed a feast called the Feast of Trumpets which was known as two things to them: 1) the day and hour that no man knows and 2) the last trump. It is then immediately followed by the sabbath of returning (which is on the same day as the last day of the Feast of Trumpets if we look at both the ancient Biblical calendar and our modern Gregorian calendar).

It is important to understand the Biblical feasts because God himself declared that they are his feasts which clearly mean they are important.

Leviticus 23:2
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

The Day & Hour No Man Knows:
The Jews require the light from the sliver of the new moon to be seen with their own eyes before they would begin a new month and the Feast of Trumpets. On the 7th month of their calendar is a two day window where the new moon could be seen at any moment. No one ever knew precisely when it would appear, but they did know the general time. This is why it was known as the day and hour no man knows. This year the Feast of Trumpets falls on September 23rd, 2017 using the Biblical interpretation of days. (Biblically, a new day begins at evening).

The Last Trump:
Once the new moon was seen the Jews would blow a trumpet 100 times. They would divide the trumpet blasts into 33 blasts of one specific tone, 33 blasts of a second specific tone, and 33 blasts of a third tone. Finally they would blast the trumpet in a unique tone called the last trump where the trumpeter would blow the trumpet long and increasing in volume. This represents the events of Exodus 19 where God called Moses up the mountain to him. It was done as practice and preparation for when Jesus returns to rapture believers.

Exodus 19:13
There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.

Exodus 19:16
And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

Exodus 19:19-20
19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.
20 And the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up.

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The Sabbath of Returning:
This is the sabbath between the Feast of Trumpets and the Feast of Atonement. It is the expected time of the return of Jesus which this year falls on September 23rd, 2017 exactly when we’re being warned his return will be.

The Wedding Ceremony

The Jews also went by a peculiar wedding ceremony that is unlike anything modern western nations observe. This wedding ceremony was yet more practice for the Jews to understand what the rapture and second coming of Jesus would be like.

Jewish Wedding Ceremony Outline

1) The groom goes to the bride's home and is betrothed to her.
2) The groom pays the purchase price for his bride.
3) The groom returns to his father to prepare a home for his bride.
4) The groom returns for the bride.
5) The groom takes his bride to his father’s house and gives her gifts.
6) The wedding takes place before the father and witnesses.
7) The groom appears with his bride.
8) The wedding feast takes place.

1) Jesus was born in the flesh for those who would believe in him.
2) Jesus was slain for our sins so that we may be with him forever.
3) Jesus ascended to right hand of the Father in heaven to prepare a place for us.
x 4) Jesus will return in the clouds for his bride, the believers.
x 5) Jesus will take believers to heaven for seven years to escape the great tribulation.
x 6) Believers and Jesus are married.
x 7) Jesus returns to earth with his bride.
x 8) The wedding feast is enjoyed by Jesus and his new bride with witnesses.

As we can see, the Jewish wedding ceremony is a perfect representation of what was to be done and what is still to be accomplished by Jesus.

Of a surety, true believers in Jesus will be raptured. First, all those who died while believing in Christ (Verse 25 below) will burst forth from their graves to meet Jesus in the air, then those who believe in Christ and are still alive (Verse 26 below) will be caught up in the clouds with them exactly as Jesus tells us it will be.

John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

From this study we learn that it is possible to know precisely when to expect the rapture which is on September 23rd, 2017. This is great and joyous news for all believers in Jesus. The King is coming back soon and we’re going home!

Mark 13:37
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

How To Be Saved

As believers we have our sins completely blotted out so that they are no more remembered. Believers will escape the terrible punishment that is coming upon the earth and receive the free gift of salvation by believing in Jesus and confessing him with our mouths as the son of God and that he died for our sins and was resurrected by God three days later and that he then ascended to heaven. Jesus is the one and only way to get to heaven.

Isaiah 44:22
I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Luke 11:9-10
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:9-13
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 11:36
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 8:12
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Revelation 22:20-21
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Prayer

Why do we pray?

Prayer is a very vital part of being saved. As Romans 10 states, if we confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus and believe in our hearts that God has raised him from the dead, then we shall be saved. This is a finality and a sure thing, without exception.

Romans 10:9-10

There is no specific structure that must be prayed, but you can pray a prayer like this:

Heavenly Father,

I know I am a sinner and cannot enter into heaven based on my own deeds. I call out to you begging that you forgive my sins. I believe your son Jesus died and shed his blood to wash away my sins and that you raised him up again three days later.

My salvation is not based on anything that I can do, but was paid in full by the blood Jesus shed for me on the cross. From this day forward I repent of my sins and turn to a life of following and living for Jesus. Amen.

Thank you Jesus for everything you have done for me.