World’s first head transplant to be carried out next year

>Italian neurosurgeon Dr. Sergio Canavero has announced that a Chinese patient will receive the world’s first head transplant in December 2017 - if the surgeon can receive the funding and approval.

>Head transplant doctor asks ‘billionaires like Zuckerberg’ to help give Russian man new body

What kind of body will you choose when this operation becomes routine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mY8tx4huoqM&feature=youtu.be
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_and_Mary_(short_story)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None, because im not disabled and my body is fine

He'll be fine.

>What kind of body will you choose when this operation becomes routine.

10/10 woman's body
/thread

None because I'm not a disabled, leech on society.

Catgirl K-Pop Idol. On one hand muh fetish, on the other its a rather unassuming body type that likely wouldnt draw attention from the cops.

Stroke-softly stroke chan!

can someone please make a cute stroke chan one of these days

Interesting thought. Would a male mind have to make new neural pathways to control different mechanisms of a female body?

Stroke softly, Stroke-chan!
Keep on rolling.

new meaning on the rich eating the poor.

but I doubt you could move a man's body onto a woman's for now.

the body needs to line up with the nervous system where it will be attached. They are going to wait for someone with a similar body type to the patient.

how is a head transplant even possible?

I'm afraid it will take 9 years to perfect it.

All liberals will then become fully transniggers, what a time

Stroke softly stroke chan

So this might seem like a dumb question, but are they gonna use a cadaver for the body or will they chop some poor bastard's head off for this?

Man, of your body is weak and frail cant you transplant your head to a fresh young body and live way longer?

>China
Guess

i think it's a russian death row inmate

I used to think this was just a huge set up for a Metal Gear Solid V ruse.

Now this doctor brings back painful memories.

you will still have your ugly neckbeard head though

>Head transplant.
But wait, since you ARE your head, isn't this a body transplant?

Sup Forumsweenies will get mad when men transfer their head to the body of a woman, giving them the ability to bear children

What excuse will lgbt-hating white trash regurgitate when this happens?

The body of Jonathan Joestar

Only correct answer

>transplant is successful
>buddy has to take anti rejection pills forever
>gets constant infections
>still can't walk

why bother?

The body's nervous system affects the brain, so I can't see this going over that good at all. His brain might start to be affected by the new body and create a new personality.
That's considering if the body even accepts the head and it doesn't just kill him.

Well, if they're gonna execute them anyway, might as well make them good for something.

>being able to bear children on anti-rejection drugs
everyone laugh at the fool

youtube.com/watch?v=mY8tx4huoqM&feature=youtu.be

Undoubtedly a chinese political prisioner.

>glueing your cervical-spine together

Yeah, it seems like a pretty shit deal for the "donor", right?

I was thinking maybe someone who is legally braindead on life support? But that would raise even more ethical questions, and the family would probably have real issues with it

literally a bear

It's when people like sorros start getting new bodies, that's when the real problems will start.

Not just figuratively a bear, like a fat hairy homosex zangief?

Black so I can more effectively cuck dainty little Europeans

>trusting an italian doctor
kek

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_and_Mary_(short_story)

oldfag here --- i read the short story in the 70s

Just looked it up, they're gonna use the donated body of a brain dead person.

spend monday through friday as a bear, weekends beast mode

Does this mean I could finally cure my manletism in the future?

Oy vey, my friend the slippery slope is just a fallacy, nothing liek it will ever happen

>ugly neckbeard head
That's where Islam comes to the rescue!

Well, thats mighty generous of the donor. I could consider organ donation myself, but someone walking around with my whole body... No thanks.

Also, this is how 'transracial' will become a thing. Screencap this.

Yep. We Shaq now

I thought the ruse was over once Kojima left Konami?

>get head transplant
>wake up
>transplanted body has smaller dick
>kill self

I don't see how this is even remotely possible. If you sever your spine it is impossible to reconnect it to your own nervous system let alone the foreign nervous system of another body.

Stroke softley stroke-chan

>A shiny leafless has appeared

WOuld you put your head in a robots body?

>X is impossible
daily reminder you faggots have been wrong literally every single time for over five thousand years

As long as I get to keep my dick.

Russia hasn't had an execution for like 20 years senpai

You would, but you would only be 5 feet tall and have the strength of 10 gorillas.

This guy is the only one asking the real questions.

I said: as long as I can keep my dick.

you just rub some stem cells on the spinal cords like a paste and they fuse together

And if you pet a kitty, you'll crush them.

THIS

You don't transplant a head, your head just gets put onto a new body. It's a fucking body transplant.

It has been done with monkeys before. I imagine it will be successful but the person will die pretty quickly

kek

Good, cats are assholes, and I'll have an excuse.

Still get to keep my dick though.

Might as well transplant your head onto your dick and leave it at that, I guess

Fucking kek. Underrated

Don't hold your breath user. Throw enough money that way and who knows what can be achieved?

You'll be exterminated when the robot wars some. The price for killing a human will be a thousand years frozen in carbonite.

Nah my head is kind of girly. Even then I was implying I'd wait for it to be brain only being put into an artificial body.

No thanks, I don't want to just stick my head on a different body. Now if I could implant my brain into a sexy leotard-wearing 10/10 special agent robot, I might do it.

Still have my dick though.

But if I die, I can't enjoy muh dick.

i'm still in love with rose

I'm on a mobile. What the hell country are you?

if you think that's the first you are retarded

So if this is possible, why can't we fix paralyzed people? They have to connect nerves in the spinal cord for a transplant to be a success so why can't they fix or reattach nerves in a paralyzed person?

I wonder if Carson could do a head transplant

I would clone myself and kill my clone over and over so I could always be 22.

Doesn't work like that. Using your cells (which have already aged) to culture a new body is pointless since the accumulated DNA damage will still be in every cell of your "new" body.

Wasn't this part of some fake arg people on Sup Forums thought was happening for MGSV?

Stem cells, I'm assuming by the time this shit is cheap and routine we will have cloning fairly cheap as well.

>im 12 and what are Induced Pluripotent Stem cells

yes.

What evidence do you have that it was done before?
Legit curious.

Rub some dirt on it, pussy!

It was done on a monkey in 1970
He lived for eight days.

Hm I didn't remember them being able to undo DNA damage. I knew they can be reverted to a pre-differentiated state, and maybe re-elongate telomeres, but I did not know they could rebuild lost non-telomere regions.

Stroke-softly stroke chan

that post has guatemala flag

monkeys are not humans

What do you think an old head on a young, fit body would look like?

If you get the Clover app ot tells you what country the flags are

I'd imagine they should be able to(one day) look at your DNA and immediate relatives to see where permanent change has taken place. Some sort of 10^umpteenth puzzle piece.

Stroke softly, stroke-chan!

How the fuck can you walk if you do this surgery? I thought once youve severe your spine, youre pretty much fucked for the rest of your life? I mean if what this man claims is possible with current tech, that would mean that they found a successful treatment for people with paralysis.

You're right. They're even less complicated.

>tfw the theories were better than actual game's story

>because I'm not a disabled, leech on society.

improper place to put a comma nigga