Should i get back to world of warcraft?

Should i get back to world of warcraft?

Other urls found in this thread:

project-ascension.com/
elysium-project.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

I've been pondering this also, i quite around 9 months ago and am feeling like the game has changed way too much for me to be able to return and feel comfortable with it still

I thought about it after 3 years off. For some reason late summer and fall always makes me want to play.

yes

Any good private server than ?

yes

wow in 2017

I wonder if pvp is still awesome. I quit during wotlk.

Ehh
Lore this expansion was great. Content still got old fast because guilds are dead, server communities are meaningless, pvp is stagnant

It's nothing but an endless fucking Artifact Power grind.

I hope you enjoy running Mythic+ dungeons over and over and over so you can billions of Artifact Power.

>mmo
>grindy
shocked, shocked i say!

PvP is laughable. It was never really balanced but PvP is a clusterfuck in Legion.

AP grind is kinda irrelevant right now.

If you have literally nothing else to do, go for it.

winter for me

That week when your class and build is op (:

>Doing a tower quest
>Get jumped by a Druid
>Dead in two hits
k

Well i bought the expansion and 60 days of gametime a few months ago, took me less than a wèek to regret it

did you play pvp in early expansions? 3 minute mage anyone? pvp is as balanced as it has ever been, it's just very meh feeling. doesn't have the same skill cap as it used to, and every class now feels the same. But, as far as balance is concerned, pvp in great spot.

Fuck wow, garrisons ruined farming. I liked flying or riding around sniping lowbies on pvp servers while making bank on the weekends in the AH for my week's "work"

I quit a long time ago, and glad I did. The game took too many wrong turns, and there's so much better out there for far less money.

If you really miss WoW I suggest a free public server supporting a release from when the game was still good. At least until Blizz gets off their ass and recreates the servers themselves.

>pvp is as balanced as it has ever been
LOL no it's fucking not. PvP is a huge clusterfuck of imbalance.

Well the warcraft isn't what it once was anymore, its soulless now, everything is so sterile and devoid of any life or communication.

I play it because of nostalgia but I can see that it's losing its grasp on me, call me a nostalgic but vanilla had a soul, there was life in the game, communities, events... Now its all about "920+ or no inv".

>did you play pvp in early expansions? 3 minute mage anyone? pvp is as balanced as it has ever been, it's just very meh feeling. doesn't have the same skill cap as it used to, and every class now feels the same. But, as far as balance is concerned, pvp in great spot.

you obviously dont pvp in this expac

I hope the person that decided the text colour died of cancer

This. 3 minute mages were cheap, not OP. If you caught that same mage (usually decked out in pve gear for maximum powah) you could wreck them even if you were 8 levels below them because all they were was a cooldown. The crit ratio on some classes in legion is just insane and the health is too normalized. Some classes are OP in general, not just for their gimmick

ok, when has it not been? Read, buddy. PvP has always been a clusterfuck, and it is less of a clusterfuck now than it was in any other expansion. it's just boring. that's why no one plays it anymore.

project-ascension.com/

/Thread

itt; 870 ilvl raid finder heroes who have never been above 2.2k in arena talking shit about how the game is 'ez' and 'boring;

It has never been balanced, nor will it ever be

Look, people love to hate wow nowadays. The fact is legion is a very high quality expansion, with a shit load of content, especially compared to WOD.

However, it is a different game to what it was once. Whether you like what it is now or not is opinion. But the fact still stands.

I would say if you are into raiding at least to heroic level it may be worth it. Raiding is best it's ever been imo

pvp is boring. and straightforward. pve is awesome this xpac; mechanically and lore wise

Try Guild Wars 2 for free

>870 lfr
>2.2k arena

Doesn't even correlate?

The game is fine right now, PvP is decent, PvE is the same as it's always been, the newest raid has a few interesting bosses but nothing special.
I actually like farming M+, and I do like the concept, the game is grindy but hell, it's an MMO after all.

I wanted to try it but quit before it let me play because of the bs password gauntlet

>World of Warcraft is dead!

These were the cries heard by the loud, salty, minority.

But the numbers say otherwise.

>4,633,066 level 110 players across all servers

Info gotten from realmpop.

You are probably just a retarded fag if you can't deal with with setting a password

Every change since Burning Crusade has made WoW a lonely grind with zero social interaction - culminating into the boredom of garrisons.

No need for guilds. Gear no longer carries status of accomplishment.

Might as well run raids on follow in Crusaders of light.

yup

If the PTR is actibe, you can always download that and play for free to see if you're interested in going back.

I've done this a few times when I've gotten the itch to play again.

Grinding out dailies became digital chores for me, and the game became more of an obligation than something fun.

thats a bit of a drop over the years. Wasn't WOTLK a 12M subscriber high?

4.6M lvl 110's would be a lot lower than that considering the number of alts.

Can you still get exalted with timbermaw and bloodsail?

I miss the game so much from time to time, but I feel so free then raiding 6 nights a week for 4 hours and on top of that grinding for every little thing, I miss it, but I'm glad I left in February.

Bloodsail yeah not sure about timbermaw

yes you can still get exalted with both, love getting the transformation item from the Timbermaw.

See you, going to work on my Zandalar Tribe reputation. Need that Brilliant Wizard Oil formula.

its pretty good right now.

no you shouldnt. Coming from someone that played wow from launch till legion including almost all realm firsts and also scarab lord...wow is dead. its a glorified facebook game now. You want an mmorpg thats good and still requires skill? go FFXIV

nah

this
transmogs and lfg/lfr rekt wow
that was 10 years ago though, i cant imagine how shitty its become
last time i saw my brother play retail he was playing bejeweled in his garrison (in the game)

I agree, however, a valid counter point would be that the next highest played/populated mmo -esq game is RuneScape with a 1.6m player count.

As a side note, steam had just released 5 years prior to wrath. With Cata's failure in the player approval/enjoyment department it made people seek new games right at the time steam was really getting it's framework and library solidified. PC gaming took off right around that time and old school WoW players moved on to other things. Now a days, there is so much shit other than WoW to choose from it's not suprising that it's player count is not at the 10m+ bracket anymore, though, anything more than probably 200k is nothing to scoff at.

yup thats how I pretty much feel about it now.

on retail? no
on vanilla servers? yes

No, WoW is dead. Only good MMO now that requires actual skill and is fun is [insert biased opinion here].

>Guilds are dead

you mean your guild is dead. there are many active guilds

Go read a book or exercise, ask yourself this and answer honestly. Looking back 5-10 years from now would you have spent your time, improving yourself, reading, exercising and getting in shape, meeting women, or sitting in front of screen collecting pixels. Sure doing the formal will be harder and more challenging than the latter but what kind of life do you want to live? That of a loser who can't get out of his comfort zone, or someone who really challenged themselves and made the most out of life?

No but the concept of guilds are dead.
If you don't plan to do heroic/mythic raiding you don't need a guild.

What vanilla server do you play on? how much do you play? do you raid?

tfw schizoid

In vanilla, if you didn't raid you didn't need a guild

I'm playing on a WOTLK private server. I have sunk about 48 hours into my first toon. Having a blast so far

not the user you replied to, but
elysium-project.org/
6 hours a day, raid two days a week, pretty comfy

Not OP but:

What if the answer is no?

I'm not in shape, no, but I'm not unhappy or ignorant of the fact that being in shape is better for my health.

I have a woman whom I love dearly and have been with for 7 years.

I have a good job with PTO, great pay, and extraordinary benefits.

I have friends who I see, not often mind you, and hang out with. (Mostly due to the fact that I work 3rd shift and 60+ hours a week).

But I also sit at my computer when I have the time and play video games "collecting pixels" as you put it.

Kill yourself.

If you like to get everything on a silver platter, then yes.
If you want some challenges in your game, then no.

Some gook managed to steal my account, I wasn't mad though because I hated the game

So this is just the standard progression of aging with a game? Your image says more about the person that wrote it then it does wow.

There is so much lag and the view distance is like 6 feet. How is this playable?

Not true. You needed a guild for LBRS, strat in early vanilla, and it reeeeeally fucking helped to have a guild for heroics and pvp in BC. Vanilla had some serious crafting. Sure you could get carried through AQ but that was much later in the run

Nah dude fuck that, Join the gym
Best decision I have ever made in my life
Quit wow, join gym, sub to a bunch of gym channels like broscience or something stick to a meal plan
You'll thank me in a year or two

I still have 30 bucks on my battle.net account and never going to use it

gtfo

LBRS was closer to a raid then a dungeon by current standards and It was pretty easily pugged by the time my server got the scarab gate open.

Yeah but vanilla attunement/gearing was so drawn out that stating what you could pug by AQ doesn't really say much. A fresh 60 and a MC geared 60 had a huuuuge stat difference. Was basically the same gap as a 70 BC raid geared player compared to a fresh 80 in WOTLK

are you an overweight fat fucking tard who lives at home with ma?

then yes

>The quest to balance pvp is what I think ultimately killed the game. They watered down the mechanics so much to make end game pvp equal that it ruined pvm. PVM and PVP should be kept completely separate otherwise you always wind up fucking one up trying to fix the other.

PvP is balanced in INSTANCED PvP. Arena and Battlegrounds are relatively balanced. World PvP is an absolute flaming garbage truck of one-shotting bullshit or companion fuckery. A mage companion can one-shot RNG you to death with an ability that hits you 20 times in one global. A druid companion can put a player to sleep for 10 seconds and doesn't break on damage while the druid murders you.

Instanced PvP feels meh because there is no end goal worth achieving anymore. The PvP template stats make gear acquisition 90% meaningless, and the prestige progression is just a measure of how much time you put into the system for a few shitty cosmetic rewards in return. Gone are the days were you could kick ass in arena or rated battlegrounds for sweet gear and then stomp the shit out of noobs for fun in regular BGs or world PvP.

The image sucks ass, and I hope the person that decided the colours got stabbed to the ass. Only Cata and WoD sucked, MoP was alright expansion, Legion is pretty good too.

If you don't want to exercise that's fine, I would highly recommend it, and people once they get into it don't regret it and wish they would have had started sooner but it's up to you.
Like I said read more book, you will get much more deeper satisfaction a good book than you ever would from a video game.
Since you have a woman you love dearly, have children together or adopt, or if that is too much then volunteer to be a mentor.
Honestly you sound like you have a defeatist attitude, you live an average comfortable life, and you are set in a groove. To get the most out of life you have to get out of your comfort zone and do something that will make you grow as a person, I can sit here and keep making suggestions all day while you keep making excuses but take an honest look at your life and think of something that you have always dreamed of doing but haven't for whatever reason and push towards that goal. If you keep up this same lifestyle you are going to wake up one day old and having not accomplished anything.

And we are supposed to justt assume that you were one of the very few people who did something that took the effort of entire guilds gathering things and doing raids for weeks. Without any evidence to back it up?

>LOGo

>Legion is pretty good
>Legion
>good
Pick one, nice gated content, blizzard had to make us work for abilities we had but then they took away so we would have something to grind to keep players busy.

Warmane TBC server

Not true. Ever since ToC patch of WotLK the game has gone down hill. People forget that the first patch or two of Wrath you had to fill 5 mans with guild and trade chat spams, lvling didn't get the speed boost yet and basically nothing from BC to Wrath was different. At least what I remember.

>Haven't played since January
>used gold to log in to check things out again
>talked with guildies, seen their raid progress and stuff
>realize I'd have to grind 24/7 for the next few months to catch up
>log off, don't look back.

I disagree.

A fresh 110 without any assistance can get geared up to easily do Normal Tomb of Sargeras (ilvl 900+) in probably 21-25 hours.

Source: I just did that solo without a guild a few days ago

Playtime of course