WE

WE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_DICE
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5EKBmrthg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that a black man with a mauser c96? What's the context of that video game?

Well on the contrary my friend, believe it or not, there were actually black people in world war 1. The Harlem Hellfighters are merely one example. Most of the countries that served in world war 1 had colonies, so it would be totally reasonable to have a black "person" as a character. I am a bit upset that the main character is Black, but then again, some of the staff members are libcucks. But whether you agree or disagree, there were black people in world war 1.
>WUZ

I was excited for this too.

They wuz trenchmen n sheeeeeet

Fantasy

first world war

He's part of the Harlem Hellfighters, and I guess we stole some dead German's sidearm. DICE had to force the US and blacks into the same game so we get this.

needs more pouches and pockets

A chimp's interpretation of WWI

nobody is denying that, the thing is that probably 99% of the soldiers were white. The inclusion of the dindu soldier as a main character looks dorcedd as fuck and totally unnatural.

I'd rather they recognize the Askaris of German East Africa who have a historically proven record against British infantry.

Wir waren Kaiseren und Scheisse!

Why does he have a club? Is that supposed to represent his primitive African roots?

I agree with your statement, I apologize that I thought you were one of those people who didn't think there were multiple races in world war 1.

I hope this game is fun. I play Verdun a lot, but it is more a death simulator than FPS. Everyone's uniforms look the exact same and blend in with the environment. Combined with no kill-cams so you can't figure out where campers are and 1-shot kill everything, you are lucky to get a .25 KDR most games

My big issue is that they are the first major studio to make a WWI game since the days of Red Baron 3D, and it's the first mainstream FPS. It will have a lot of influence on how this generation of gamers view the war. By omitting Russia and France and emphasizing US effort they literally remove 2/3 of the war.

Base game should be Western Front, Eastern Front, and Italian Front.

Expansions should be American forces, East Africa, and Turkish campaigns against Russia and Commonwealth forces

WW1 was hardcore.

Nobody thinks that and you're fucking retarded for pretending they do.

>By omitting Russia and France and emphasizing US effort they literally remove 2/3 of the war

Sadly almost all ww2 games did the same

>emphasizing US
what are you talking about? we did most of the work!

Don't diss the Africans, they actually fought well in the war for all four years. African Americans only joined in for the closing chapter.

There were less than 10,000 black combatants in a war with 65,000,000 Europeans. That equates to
>0.00015385% of combatants being black
>99.9998462% of combatants being white
Clearly, this is an accurate representation of a WWI soldier and worthy of the role as protagonist.

>Expansions should be American forces, East Africa, and Turkish campaigns against Russia and Commonwealth forces
nah knowing DICE there are going to be maybe a few more expansions on the multiplayer section with a few new maps (most likely western front), guns, but nothing out of the ordinary)
there probably might be a mission where you kill ww1 hitler as the black guy
>who wants to bet you also whip hitler with your bbc before you shoot him? reminder this is a swedish company

Hon Hon Hon! looks like someone's britches are a little tight, whats the matter? Did your Mom leave the house to get spaghetti you fucking libyan? what's the matter mario? You didn't pay your debts to the mafia and know they're beep-a-bop-a-booing to your house?

It really was fucking brutal. Playing Verdun really makes you realize how shitty it was. Battle was a matter of charging across no-mans land, across mines and barbed wire with only bombed out trenches to take cover in, so you can attempt to get into the enemy's trench and kill/force them out of it. Then you repeat over and over until one side completely annihilates the other or is forced to abandon the area entirely.

You had to get up and close to kill people. Stabbing them in the trenches, gassing them, etc. even sniper rifles had shitty zooms so you couldn't be too far away. I would not want to be stuck in that war, ever.

>By omitting Russia and France
What the fuck? Is that confirmed? I could have sworn I saw French soldiers in the trailer.

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSS xD

I did some WWI modding work with Empire Total War, hopefully if I have time I'll mod in some Russian forces or a Balkan front assuming they don't do a greedy DLC pack.

At least they threw in Italy. Most of my family fought in the mountains and nobody ever heard of the horrors those soldiers went through.

Doesn't that make the protagonist more noteworthy? Would you really expect the game to have the totally-average soldier's perspective? Because that would be pretty damn boring.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_DICE

>Electronic Arts Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment AB (commonly known as EA DICE or simply DICE) is a Swedish video game developer based in Stockholm

>a Swedish video game developer based in Stockholm

>Swedish

Don't try to make the rest of us prep the bull with your videogame shenannigans, Swedecucks.

Don't Hate me man, I'm not the one making the game

Yep, the wiki doesn't list them as "playable forces". I'm guessing DLC will at least add France since Russia would involving making an Eastern front map or two. That would be cool though since combat there was really mobile.

Calm down Tyrone, everyone knows niggers existed in 1914, no need for your mind blowing lectures

Every fucking day since this piece of shit game has been announced its been more and more news reasons for it not to exist at all in the first place.

They wont cancel it. They're too brave to cancel it.They're just going to suffer a financial loss.

Ita gonna be a nignog shooting game with immortal horses and a shittom of glitches cause the devteam gave up chasing realism after they realised they cant just kill horses.

High budget waste of time done horribly wrong on top of being Star Wars Battlefront except without the Stat Wars.

>GamesBeat: A lot of people have made note of the fact that your cover character is black, even though obviously black people fought in World War One. For you guys, was that a conscious decision, an opportunity to show that there was more breadth to this war than people know about?

>Berlin: That’s the thing. People don’t know that this was the case. We want to show diversity in the game. That’s been a key goal. You can see in the trailer that there’s a Bedouin woman warrior on a horse. She’s a playable character in the single-player campaign.

Battlefield 1 has main characters that are 1. Black and 2. A female Bedouin muslim who is also a badass and wears a hijab.
What a time to be alive.

>everyone knows niggers existed in 1914
clearly, otherwise how else would've you been born.

They're not going to suffer a financial loss. The controversy is just adding to the hype for the game. Most people don't care about whether or not a nigger is on the cover

We are marketing our shit to people who won't buy it unless they have some tie to it.
It's not hard to understand.
The same people want Oldboy and Let the Right One In with familiar actors in English.
I have no problem with people attempting to sell a game to the target audience.
It's retarded but it makes money.
Just don't buy it if it's insulting. It isn't supposted to be a historical representation. They're just milking history.

Also #1 priority for this is making VIP soldiers. I'm thinking of a Josip Broz Tito skin for Austria-Hungary, Hitler for Germany, Hemingway for Italy, and Tolkien for England,

Niggers have nothing to do with what i posted but okay you keep thinking battlefield 1 wont fail. Im sure you and other 20 people who play starwars battlefront will be all over this game too.

>Doesn't that make the protagonist more noteworthy?

No, it doesn't. It just makes it a more noteworthy example of propaganda intended to exaggerate trivial aspects of the war and diminish more important aspects to manipulate the perception of the player.

>Would you really expect the game to have the totally-average soldier's perspective?

I would expect a white European man to be the main face of a WWI game in the same way that I would expect a black man to be the face of a movie about American slavery.

Yeah, how would my father have been born without your grandma washing my grandma's clothes and your grandpa working the fields

>A female Bedouin fighter
Indeed. What a time to be alive. So progressive.

Also just curious how many people are interested in naval combat? I've done some mod work with Silent Hunter 4 and a little with 3. I have a ton of assets already made for a U-boat or merchant raider campaign I made. Would be neat to implement it in a modern engine.

>first black protagonist in a battlefield game has a stolen gun

huh

>I have no problem with people attempting to sell a game to the target audience.
>It's retarded but it makes money.
the problem is when trying to reach a potential new market you lose or alienate your old one. Historical accuracy is probably quite important to world war fags, and I'm going to guess the vast majority of them are not black nor bedouin women with a hijab. Not sure a wwI game is the best scenario for these experiments

It's a gamble, we'll see if it pays off for them

kek

Yep you can sink the Lusitania in the mod. It's random though like in Silent Hunter so it travels various routes until you sink it.

Love how your gov depth-charged the wreck to hide evidence of munitions

KANGZ

Is a videogame based on the film ''Risultati di ricerca
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes''

The protagonists was a chimp studied by the locals and when the scientists that was studying him died he took his firearm as a memento.

>Battlefield 1 trailer
>proud nigger
>stong wumyn muslim warrior charging on horse
>nothing about eastern front

America is the biggest market. Tonnes of african Americans.
The Poles did European lore perfectly with Witcher.
Let them yanks have their corruption of our history.
It's a computer game. It isn't a credible historical rewrite.

The Harlem Hellfighters are a unit worth learning about. They were shit on by the American army, given to the French as replacement troops at a time when the US was adimant about not having us soldiers led by foreign commanders.

They fought longer than any American unit, never giving an inch. They proved their worth because they were given the opportunity to show the world that they were just as capable as the white soldiers. They did this for a country they couldn't vote in, for a country that segregated them.

So I give no fucks about seeing them in a game.

Remember that guy

I-i thought I was the only one...
You beautiful Italian you.

>They fought longer than any American unit

Who fucking cares? Want to learn about something really impressive, read about Serbs during WW1 for example.

I'll probably still get the game if I'm being honest.

I only saved these two though

It's a video game. I swear we can be just as bad as the fucking SJWs about being triggered.

Like seriously senpai how much does a fucking game effect your life?

Go play one of the autism sims about WW1 on steam ffs

I saved a few. Not that one though. Cheers my brother.

Never heard of a Trench club?

I wonder what that Straya lad did.
I told him to publish these.

Its a fucking Battlefield game. It was going to be watered down and disrespectful to the setting no matter the ethnicities of the main characters.

Expect
>WWII "Prototype" automatic weapons and sub-machine guns
>Bolt action rifles relegated to the sniper class
>As many machine gunners as you want
>Stupid "Personal" story where a small group of Americans and token Europeans take down a named, most likely German officer who's trying to put some kind of cartoonish superweapon in play

Wait until Tripwire gets around to WW1.

It was a guy who moved to australia after ww1 or something, right?

These are pretty cool, I either skipped them or he made multiple threads

I don't know, you should go ask the developers in Stockholm.

do you have the 360 brick scope one

>You will never, EVER own or fire a Mauser C96

WE WUZ TOMMIES!

a few years ago on Sup Forums now. it was quality Sup Forums bread
his great grandfathers sketches.

You autist need to fuck off already their were lots of black as waffen troops

When the Serbs make a ww1 game let me know. Fucking bongs man... It isn't America's duty to push other people's culture.

>I know how things were like because I played a multiplayer shooter

Fuck off

Not on the western front. Not in any large numbers anyway. And that's the basis for the game.

>ww1 game
>no Russia
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5EKBmrthg

Yep
I wish they'd do something about the generals, I mean the situation was already bad some years ago but now it's ridiculous
Hiro also ran /asp/ to the ground with wwe

Generals are a natural progression. You can't fight it. We all nip into each others generals and say hello occasionally. I like it.
Granted I get raus too lol.

WE WUZ WURL STAR HEROS N SHEEEEIT

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS.

Now that I checked it's not even that bad, I guess the worst comes around midnight

>While on guard duty on May 14, 1918, Private Johnson came under attack by a large German raider party, which may have numbered as many as 24 German soldiers. Johnson displayed uncommon heroism when, using grenades, the butt of his rifle, a bolo knife, and his bare fists, he repelled the Germans, thereby rescuing Needham Roberts from capture and saving the lives of his fellow soldiers. Johnson suffered 21 wounds during this ordeal.[7][2] This act of valor earned him the nickname of "Black Death", as a sign of respect for his prowess in combat.

Badass desu

Fixed the cover

This would piss me off if they were in the main game but the niggers are just DLC so there's no major reason to be upset

The cucks will buy the nigger DLC, everyone else will wait for the the Espionage/Eastern Front/Gallipoli/Asian Campaign DLC

Bottom right image is staged btw. Nearly every WW1 image that had ground "combat" with an aircraft flying over is staged.

It wasn't enough that Idris Elba had to become Heimdall, now this guy wants to be Thor.

If you're an Sup Forumslad you use Sup Forums as a playground when things are slow at home.
We are Sup Forumslite.. Intelligent evolved Sup Forums. We are the brains behind the chaos.

There's almost no pictures of live WWI combat in the first place since the action was blurry and photographers were pussies

>white title over white background
fuck off tyronne

Most photos in general are staged. My parents have some my great-grandfather took which were not staged and was generally just them screwing around but there's a few with explosions and activity.

Favorite one is that since he fought with Austria-Hungary on the Italian front he fought against British troops. They captured an African porter and that was the first time anyone in his unit had seen a black person before so they took a ton of pictures and sent them to their family as proof. Really wish I had them scanned, they're pretty funny

terrible, can hardly see the titles letters

3/10

>negro soldiers from new york
>opconed to the french
>next to a trench full of Francois
>of course they look heroic!
>europenis think hellfighters are great
>they assume the rest of american negroes are great too!
>europenis don't understand these were volunteers
>the rest of them ... the ones that dindu nuffin during the war
>remain the dregs of american society
>b-but the tuskegee airmen!
>same fucking story

Lets keep all this war history revisionism in context.

This game comes out 2 weeks before Call of Dooty and I would rather play that tbvh

This hypothetical greenposter is 117 years old?