writerduet.com/
celtx.com/

>Active Contests
screencraft.org/screenwriting-contests/
tblaunchpad.com/
filmfreeway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

filmmakerutopia.blogspot.com/2008/05/stanislavskys-7-questions-for-actors.html
the-hardyest-critic.tumblr.com/post/51444755180/character-and-role-analysis-questions
backstage.com/advice-for-actors/backstage-experts/2-most-important-questions-ask-scene/
thescriptlab.com/screenwriting/story/development/26-story-questionnaire#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Y'know it'd be easier if you had a more identifiable OP pic.

Anyway, repost from the last thread.

>Doing Sundance Ignite, with the "guy wakes up dead in a ditch and has to figure how to get to the afterlife" story.

>I've got a general plan ready, but no legitimate script. Since it'll be 90% dialogue-free (the few actual dialogues I have are gonna be voice-overs of my MC reading) with meticulous sound design, I feel like I can get away with that.

>Anyone here doing something for Ignite?

>Y'know it'd be easier if you had a more identifiable OP pic.
I thought that might come back to bite me in the ass, but I thought it went well with the edition.

When's the deadline for Ignite? Is this a short or feature? And is it a comedy?
I got a visual comedy vibe from you saying it'll have little to no dialogue.

It's technically a comedy but primarily that's due to the punchline at the end. He realizes the only reason he's still on Earth is he never finished an argument on Sup Forums (I'm thinking /lit/ since threads last for days there). It ends with him opening a reply and typing "ALRIGHT NOW LISTEN HERE" or something.

Since it's Sundance I'm gonna be utilizing Magic Hour quite a bit just for the opening shots, just some moody exploration of death stuff. I think it'll be fun to do some shit that looks like it's gonna be real deep and atmospheric, then end it with a gag.

You sure you want to bring Sup Forums into this? Sundance is pretty big.

At worst I don't get in, and have a short made. At best, I get in, and can prove to myself that this line of work is worth doing.

bump

Alright, just checking. You could easily preserve the punchline without bringing up this damned website.

That's true. For all the audience knows it could be something completely different.

Also, do you know of any like definitive line that says anything about spirits and crossing over to the other side, or what might be keeping them here?

>Also, do you know of any like definitive line that says anything about spirits and crossing over to the other side, or what might be keeping them here?
Anything I do know I can't remember, I'm sorry. I'm not a Ghostologist.

You can try asking /x/ though. Does /x/ still exist? I heard it got taken over by Sup Forums at some point.

Working on a small 3dcg movie. I studied film editing a lot, fun topic to read about.

What's it about?

bummp

Who did you study?
Pudovkin?
Eisenstein?
Murch?

Haven't really read much about editing.
Maybe only two books

Yo' what are those essential screenwriting questions/actor preparing a scene questions?

Stuff like:
>What was your character doing before this scene got in the way?
>What does you character want in this scene?
>What stands in their way?
>How do they go about getting what they want (and what does this tell us about the character?)

Any others? There was an user a few days ago who REALLY helped me out with this.

Another question:
Anyone know of any scenes like the last third of Blowup and Eyes Wide shut where a character goes around wandering through the night trying to solve a mystery/conspiracy?

>"what are those essential screenwriting questions/actor preparing a scene questions?"
>proceeds to post the questions

What exactly do you want?

>What exactly do you want?
MORE!
I NEED MORE OF THOSE!!!

Questions to make me think about the scene in a different way, flip it on it's head.

Also, the thing about Thrillers like Blow Up and Eyes Wide Shut.

filmmakerutopia.blogspot.com/2008/05/stanislavskys-7-questions-for-actors.html

the-hardyest-critic.tumblr.com/post/51444755180/character-and-role-analysis-questions

backstage.com/advice-for-actors/backstage-experts/2-most-important-questions-ask-scene/

thescriptlab.com/screenwriting/story/development/26-story-questionnaire#

Can't help you with the second part.

>Anyone know of any scenes like the last third of Blowup and Eyes Wide shut where a character goes around wandering through the night trying to solve a mystery/conspiracy?
Try Manhunter or Captain America: Civil War.

Yes... YES YES!
Especially that Stanislavski one. Exactly what I need.
THANK YOU!

You're welcome, user. If you're going to be awake please try and keep the thread alive.

Will do.

All you screenwriters, I found a really good website for y'all:
mysterymanonfilm.blogspot.com.au/

Tonnes of articles on screenwriting form, formatting, subtext, characters, visual storytelling, reviews of scripts, examples from scripts.

Apparently the dude who wrote it is dead now.

BUMP.
Here's a pic I uploaded last night.

kek what do you think Sup Forums is, a Satanic worshiping forum or something?

Amadeus covers several vignettes of Salieri's and Mozart's lives and the way the interfered with each other. Similar to Titanic, which used a character in the present recollecting all the hot events from the past.
There Will Be Blood, however, starts off with a dialogue-free introduction that spans the first hard years of Plainview's hard working, to set up for the main story where he is already established in the region with several wells drilled and producing. The story then goes in the hard present for about the duration of the movie (the Sunday ranch drilling) until in the end you see his two resolutions as an old bitter man.

Nolan's Prestige however is a completely different beast regarding timeline editing. It might just prove to be impossible to make something as intertwined without straight up plagiarizing him.

Yep.
Point of View and Framing Device.
Once you've worked out what your concept is "about" then you find how to tell it.

I have to disagree with your image though.
Picasso sketched, sure he didn't paint, but that's the equivalent of a writer banging out another draft.
You're sketching, studies... studies of dialogue, studies of scenes, working out the infrastructure, the arc...

I'll make an exception for people who are really vivid visualizers, for whom the act of writing is really about constructing the scene in their mind's eye and once everything is vivid then they can commit it to paper or Celtx.